PDA

View Full Version : Optimus does not pick up my DBs

thegrief
02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi there, I am running HEM1 and HEM2 with Postgres 9.1 on win 7.

I've installed Tilt Breaker and tried to get Optimus to autodetect my DBs but it's not seeing them. My DBs are on my system drive and open fine in HEM1 and 2. Any ideas?

Thanks.

thegrief
02-12-2012, 01:26 PM

I've installed Tilt Breaker and tried to get Optimus to autodetect my DBs but it's not seeing them. My DBs are on my system drive and open fine in HEM1 and 2. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I manually input the info. and it connected fine. Perhaps it was not auto-detecting because I had a custom Postgresql password?

Tilt Breaker
02-12-2012, 07:20 PM

Thanks.

I manually input the info. and it connected fine. Perhaps it was not auto-detecting because I had a custom Postgresql password?

Yea, Optimus doesn't auto-detect your info for the DB if you use a custom user/pass, however we will be adding a fix for this in the near future.

Would love to hear your impression of Optimus. Remember the real power of Optimus is your own interpretation of the graphs.

Thanks,
Adam

thegrief
02-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Apparently I am a cyborg ;-)

It does seem like a very useful tool though, especially the graphs...

Tilt Breaker
02-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Apparently I am a cyborg ;-)

It does seem like a very useful tool though, especially the graphs...

Hi theGrief,

Glad you find it useful. We are looking to add more graphs relatively soon. I've seen results like what I assume your results are as well, and I find them interesting.

First off let me just state that the algorithm for Optimus has been checked by both the TB and the HM2 team. With that said, some of the results seem...suspect. We are going to add some additional metrics to further validate our algorithm.

On a personal level, do you feel that your results are accurate?

Thanks,
Adam