PDA

View Full Version : Missing hands on new Vista 64-bit install?

psydoc
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I recently installed HEM 1.09 beta 35 on a new computer running Vista 64-bit, and a small but significant number of hands are missing at the end of my sessions. I'm using my old database after doing a backup/restore to the new computer. When I point HEM to a specific hand history folder, it will import (for example) 205 hands. But when I look at that session, it only shows 174 hands. If I click Change and select the villain from the session (it's a heads-up session), the Select Player window shows 205 hands listed for that villain, but only the same 174 hands are actually shown after I select the villain's name. I've made sure Filter is off and that I'm showing All Hands, and I've also tried UAC both on and off.

When I create a new test database and import the same folder, it imports all 205 hands as before, but now I can see all hands. So this looks to be a problem with my database. I tried the Vacuum/Analyze option, and HEM tells me to do it manually. When I try to do it manually, I can't tell if it actually does anything...does pgAdmin III alert you when it's done? Any other ideas to fix my database, or to create the new one and get all my hands transferred to a newly created, working database?

When

One thing makes me think the missing hands are actually in HEM, but just not being displayed - if I change name to a villain from a heads-up match, it lists that villains number of hands in the Select Player window. But when I select that villain and look at All Hands with no filter, it only shows the same subset of hands that I can see when I've selected my own name, and the # of hands is less than the # listed in the Select Player window (for example, for one villain it says I have 205 hands on him, but when I actually select him and try to look at all 205 hands, I only see 174...that's the same number of hands I see when I'm under my own name and can tell there's missing hands based on my net win/loss vs that player).

fozzy71
10-09-2009, 08:34 PM
The problem is certainly your old DB. It became corrupt during the backup/restore. That is why keeping your original/archived hands (and the occasional export DB to text files) is so important.

Export all the hands from DB1, import to DB2, and delete DB1. I also recommend a full/vac/analyze on the new DB (after dropping the old DB). Then stop the SQL service and defrag. I recommend Smart Defrag (Freeware). Stopping your sql service before defrag allows the DB to be defragged.

FYI - Beta 36 is out now.

Standard new db steps below:

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, and export/import the hands from the old DB, and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

Cabbage
10-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I have exactly the same problem and Roy took a look for me.

Turned out that my (and a couple of others) problem is due to the fact we use a networked database as opposed to it being on the same computer as HEM.

No idea if this applies to you, but your symptoms are exactly the same as mine were/are.

EDIT : The solution is to re-import/restore from backup.