PDA

View Full Version : Pstars import error

leveled
09-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi support, when I try to use the Auto Import function, HEM says that the hand was imported but with an error. Also, with each additional hand that I import, the number of errors increase correspondingly. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

morny
09-05-2008, 06:32 PM
You need this update, stars changed their HH format

leveled
09-05-2008, 06:37 PM
morny, I don't see an update in your reply. Can you please link me to its location?

Thanks.

morny
09-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Its at the top of every page in the forum and also in the releases forum http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03.exe

scottro
09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I have the newest release, and every so often, I'm getting import errors when I use "Import from Folder". How do I look at and resolve these errors.

morny
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Can you email me all the HH from the period where you got some errors to morny@holdemmanager.net and a link to this thread please

morny
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Does it say 1.06.03 in the title bar, ive imported all 10893 hands successfully without any errors.

If you continue to get problems create a new database and see if the problem persits. http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146

scottro
09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Yes, I'm using the newest release.

How do I view the error messages? I can't find an error log or anything that tells me the nature of the message.

I'd really like to try to fix the problem before going to the trouble of creating a new database.

BTW, I'm running XP with SP3, playing .25/.50 NL full ring on Stars mostly. At least, that's the game from these imports.

If I could look at the error messages, I'd have a lot more information for you, I'm sure. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ about how to actually see the errors.

Thanks.

morny
09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
There is no errors with the file, like i said its either a previous version to 1.06.03 or your database is corrupt. To verify if its a corrupt database or not just start a new database and try and import a few files, will only take a minute or two and you can still switch back to your old database if it isnt corrupt

scottro
09-09-2008, 04:25 PM
OK, I created a new database and imported the hands (same file I sent you) with no problems at all. No errors.

So, it appears as though my old database is corrupt.

Can I just export all of those old hands into a folder, and then import them into the new database?

morny
09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes as the database is corrupt but the HH should be fine so export from the old folder and import into the new one you created

scottro
09-10-2008, 01:48 AM
I've begun using the new database, importing all of my old HH into it, and it seems to be working fine.

Still, I wonder what happened to the old one. How do I view the import errors?

Thanks again for the help. your support is excellent.

Scott

morny
09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
You see the errors wont tell you anything, it will just show you the HH that werent accepted. The reason they werent accepted is probably due to a damaged table so when HM tried to import something into that folder it couldnt and so the import process couldnt complete successfully and rather than HM accepting a corrupted HH it just rejects it.

OhDONKor
09-16-2008, 05:11 AM
I'll bump this one since I have the same problem with my trial version of HEM.
I have the patch installed, but nevertheless HEM says that "Auto Update didn't find any new files". If I try "import from folder" the program starts importing but ends up showing a number of import errors that could very well equivalent the number of hands saved ( about 10K ). The files are saved correctly as a .txt file.

I once tried to import some old Titan Poker files saved as .xlm and it worked...I have also tried to create a new database since the old one could have been corrupt, but it dooesn't solve the problem...what should I do?

PS: I'm using Windows XP Pro.

morny
09-16-2008, 09:20 AM
If you look at the title bar at the top of HM what version does it say exactly

Bugriy
02-14-2010, 11:05 AM
If you look at the title bar at the top of HM what version does it say exactly

I have the same problem with PokerStars. HM 1.10.02. I recreated db - it did not help.

Fulltilt client has the same problem.

morny
02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Which problem exactly have you got?

Answer these questions in a new thread as it can get confusing when more than 1 person is replying in a big thread

Please see this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work) and answer any questions that apply to you so we can narrow down what the issue is