PDA

View Full Version : No one interested in taking notes on hands?

Lunatic973
10-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I just wanted to post this here because I see that no one has voted for my suggestion. Someone else posted a very similar suggestion which no one voted on either. I find it hard to believe that out of all the users of HEM, no one else is interested.

I was looking for a place to add a note about a hand. Not a specific player, but the entire hand. A place to put a note like "shouldn't of called flop raise" or "should have double barreled turn". Something similar to that. It would be very helpful when going over previous hands to have these little notes. Sometimes when playing a long session it's hard to remember why I made a bet or a call on a certain hand.

Do must of you guys not go back over hands? Or do you have super memories that you can recall every decision you made in every hand? For those of that go over hands, and lack this super memory, it sure would be helpful.

fozzy71
10-09-2009, 06:23 PM
I believe that 'hand notes' are on our long term features additions, but as you noticed they are not yet high priority. It is something the competition has so it should certainly be added at some point.

Lunatic973
10-10-2009, 12:24 AM
I didn't know the competition had it, but it seems like a great feature to add. Is it not a priority because of lack of intrest? Or because of difficulty to achieve?

fubar
10-10-2009, 05:21 AM
You can use a poker forums to go over previous hands, Reviewing a session should be simple to determine any mistakes made in the session.

To recall a particular situation that you havnt barreled a turn on will do you little good as situations will always be different.

I would suggest posting them on a forums talking about what you could of done differenty, Then put the hand out of your mind dwelling on a mistake from previous sessions is pointless, As long as you learn from any basic mistakes.

I certainly wouldnt be dwelling on past hands where i could of played a particular street differently.

I would also add when reviewing a session look for the biggest losses theese are the hands you want to review and will be easy to see, Thell be ina big red line with lots of money lost :p

Also by clicking on the hands your playing from certain positions mainly early and blinds look for your leaks there and review them.

Lunatic973
10-10-2009, 07:51 AM
The point to my post isn't about dwelling on the past...it's about looking back at hands and seeing a note about why I made a certain play. You know maybe I had folded for two str rounds, so I 3Bet light. Looking back at it later I won't remember that I folded 2 str rounds.