PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about the notes icon

Skesis
10-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Has it changed? It used to change to a white box when you had a note on a player so you could easily see who you had a note on. Is there a way for me to change it back?

Actually, just realised it's got something to do with rating players. Could you not just make the default rating for someone with a note into the old white box? Just now it's only a tiny bit in the corner that lets you know, easily missed if the tables are small.

netsrak
10-09-2009, 10:53 AM
That change was necessary because of the Auto-Rate symbols.

jdavis44
10-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Is there any way to set the default to a different icon?

It's frustrating to have to go in and change it for every individual player.

Thanks

fozzy71
10-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Via photoshop/getpaint.net is the only way I believe.

I did it previously for a customer.

Let me know how you want it and I could try and do the same for you.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/smallicons_3.png
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/smallicons_2xStars.png
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/hmhud-smallicons-2xstars.png

jdavis44
10-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Just to make sure we're on the same page,

I just want to change the default notes icon back to the blue box. But I don't want to have to go do it for every individual player.

Thanks

fozzy71
10-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I may have misunderstood. You want to change the default icon that has already been assigned to players with notes? If so, I was way off base, and don't know if that is possible. I would need to do a little research.

jdavis44
10-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, out of the selections that are there, set the default to something other than the star with the 3 yellow lines.

fozzy71
10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Sorry I forgot about this. It has been a crazy week. Try this.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/smallicons_2-defaultNoNoteMarks.png

gpiotter
10-24-2009, 01:25 AM
I'd like to set the default back to what it was; i.e. a white star. Right now the default is a funny symbol. If I use your photoshop link, what exactly do I do?

fozzy71
10-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Close HEM.

Make a copy of your current \holdem manager\images folder, download my file, rename it to smallicons.png and paste it into \holdem manager\images and overwrite the current version.

gpiotter
11-01-2009, 03:51 AM
Thanks. Was it a star before or was it a light blue icon? I think I misspoke when I said I wanted a star, because now it's like everything else and I don't know if there is a note. Do I just swap the star w/ the light blue note icon on the far left if I want it that way?

fozzy71
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes. The image to the far right is normally a transparent note mark, so it can sit over an auto-rate icon, or any note color. If you always want a player with a note to be blue, then you want this.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/smallicons_2-defaultBlueNoteMarks.png

But that way you are unable to pick a red, green. or fish image for example, and have a note mark appear over top of the new image. All noted players will be solid blue now.

If you want no note mark, and the option to use any note image, I think this is the one to try.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/smallicons_2-defaultNoNoteMarks2.png

Test at your own risk. I havent tried either of these versions.

gpiotter
11-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Thanks. I'll take a look at it when I'm done playing for the night. How did it work before this change; 10 versions back for example? When you made a note was it a star, was it blue?

netsrak
11-02-2009, 04:49 AM
10 versions ago (before the autorate) it was blue :)

Lure
11-17-2009, 05:49 AM
I doubt it was dark-blue, maybe more like light-blue, the one between green and yellow.

Also this stupid change of note rules was a VERY big problem for me since I never ever use the auto-rate or something, I just want to clearly distinguish between "there is a note" and "there is no note" which you made impossible by default in latest versions (unless we make more stupid clicking when adding the first note). Maybe the solution in this thread really helps which I'll see when get home today, but you really must change the default note icon in future versions, cause the "no note yet" is a star and the default note is nearly the same star :mad:

fozzy71
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I doubt it was dark-blue, maybe more like light-blue, the one between green and yellow.

If you want me to photoshop the light blue so it works as the default note, just let me know.

...... but you really must change the default note icon in future versions, cause the "no note yet" is a star and the default note is nearly the same star :mad:

They added some yellow/black lines to denote that there is a note. I personally prefer using various colors for my notes, depending on the note I make and the style of the opponent.

Lure
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
If you want me to photoshop the light blue so it works as the default note, just let me know.

Yes, it would be great.

They added some yellow/black lines to denote that there is a note. I personally prefer using various colors for my notes, depending on the note I make and the style of the opponent.

Those lines are not easy to notice when you do not look directly in that spot when playing a bunch of medium-small sized tables, think that's what topicstarter mentioned before. And I use the color notes for players as well, but not in HM, I prefer those which are in the software of the site (Full Tilt, Pacific, Ongame, now Stars have this option), so I can see them in the lobby while selecting tables.

fozzy71
11-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes, it would be great.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/smallicons_2-defaultLtBlueNoteMarks.png

Lure
11-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Thank you.

Lure
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, I tried the file and it's not quite as I expected. You can see that the note icon in the middle differs only so much from "no note" at the top, while I want the default note to be like the one at the bottom (without extra clicking). Is it so hard to make it like that?

fozzy71
11-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I had never tried these myself, and no one else ever posted a pic of the result. I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

da9x
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Well, I tried the file and it's not quite as I expected. You can see that the note icon in the middle differs only so much from "no note" at the top, while I want the default note to be like the one at the bottom (without extra clicking). Is it so hard to make it like that?

+1

Mike chops
11-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry I can't think of an easy way to make you happy without reverting back to the previous system. However, that leaves people using autorate no way of telling whether they have notes on someone or not.

Lure
11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Why can't you make an option somewhere in the menu which allows to choose between the old and new not systems?

pilz
12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
A small BUMP because this issue is really annoying to me as well. Just want the big light blue icon as default when a note is added instead of extra clicking. Especially if you play 6+ tables it's almost impossible to make a note quickly.

What exactly is the problem copying the previous big light blue icon to the last position in smallicons.png? I notice the same problems as below...

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2853&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1258486635

Thanks!

Clemenza
12-28-2009, 09:46 PM
A similar/related problem that I've been having is when I add a note to an auto-rated player from within the Player Detail Window or the Reports Tab (by right-clicking the players name, just to the left of the "Name" button) the auto-rated icon reverts to the default icon.

This does not happen when adding a note from within the the Replayer.

Is it possible, in the next version, to keep the auto-rated icon the same, and add the 3 small yellow lines, when a note is added or changed from anywhere within Holdem Manager?

Thanks!

netsrak
12-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Which version are you using? Please try with the latest beta (link in my signature).

Clemenza
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Which version are you using? Please try with the latest beta (link in my signature).

I just upgraded to 1.10 beta 6 and the issue still exists.

When adding a note to an auto-rated player from within the Reports Tab (by right-clicking the players name, just to the left of the "Name" button) the auto-rated icon changes to the default icon in the HUD.

It's not possible to see what auto-rate icon a player has while editing a note from within the Reports Tab. And the only way to get the auto-rate to work again for that player in the HUD is to "Clear" out the note I previously made.

Is this by design? What is the benefit of changing an auto-rate icon to the default icon when we now have the 3 small yellow lines to indicate that we have a note on a player?

Is it possible, in the next version, to keep the auto-rate icon the same, and add the 3 small yellow lines, when a note is added or changed from anywhere within Holdem Manager?

netsrak
12-31-2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks, I'll forward it.

B-Money
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
I just upgraded to 1.10 beta 6 and the issue still exists.

When adding a note to an auto-rated player from within the Reports Tab (by right-clicking the players name, just to the left of the "Name" button) the auto-rated icon changes to the default icon in the HUD.

It's not possible to see what auto-rate icon a player has while editing a note from within the Reports Tab. And the only way to get the auto-rate to work again for that player in the HUD is to "Clear" out the note I previously made.

Is this by design? What is the benefit of changing an auto-rate icon to the default icon when we now have the 3 small yellow lines to indicate that we have a note on a player?

Is it possible, in the next version, to keep the auto-rate icon the same, and add the 3 small yellow lines, when a note is added or changed from anywhere within Holdem Manager?

Clemenza,

I was able to duplicate your problem and I see what you're talking about. I'll add it to the Programmers to-do list.

GL,
-Brent

Clemenza
01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Thank-you!

JPonline
01-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi there.
Has there been any progress, regarding this topic, has anyone found a way, to handle this?
I would prefer the "old notes" symbol aswell.

Kind Regards
Julius

Ajax
01-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Why not just have two icons in the HUD, one for notes and the other for autorate. It seems to me that the one icon area is over-loaded.

fozzy71
01-23-2010, 03:47 PM
A very similar thread that should probably be linked here - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23203&highlight=notes

sun137
09-21-2010, 05:55 AM
This has been static for almost a year now and the problem is still there. It is going to get worse with autonotes from Notecaddy.

I use the autorate and the icons are fine but the tiny box is very hard to see, especially when the note icon and autorate icon are jammed in side by side.

There are a number of options:

Make the box bigger
Make 2 (bigger) boxes, 1 for note icon and 1 for autorate
Keep the autorate icons in the (bigger) box and place a red border round it when there is a note
Make the box bigger
Make the box bigger
Make the box bigger

I think you know my preference........:)