PDA

View Full Version : How to configure HM for AP

hus444
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi, how do I configure HM to work with Absolute Poker? The quick start user guide shows what to only for FTP.

Get the HUD operational:
STEP 1 - Save Hand Histories from your poker client
STEP 2 - Tell Holdem Manager where these Hand Histories are

How to proceed?

Thanks

hus444
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I found a file called C:\Poker Application\Absolute Poker\HandHistory\my poker sn here

It shows some hand history from some sessions, idk if it's all of them, it may be. It has the table name and opens like a hand history while playing in AP showing the session at that table. I found the file by logging into AP and clicking hand histories open and it opens the file in my computer.

Does this mean I'm already saving all the hand histories? is this what i should put into the HM auto import folder "folder name"? if yes what do I put as the "Archive folder" name?

Thanks

fozzy71
10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi, how do I configure HM to work with Absolute Poker? The quick start user guide shows what to only for FTP.

That is why he have FAQs also.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

How do I configure Holdem Manager to work with Absolute Poker? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=126)

Does this mean I'm already saving all the hand histories?

Yes, any new hands will be imported. No idea if that is 'all of them'. Email support@yourpokersite to have them send you your lifetime hand histories to import.

is this what i should put into the HM auto import folder "folder name"?

Yes

if yes what do I put as the "Archive folder" name?

W/e you want, that is the most safe. I put mine to a separate partition that is backed up daily.

Your \HMArchive is usually not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

hus444
10-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your clear reply.

I have Vista it says to turn off UAC. In the instructions to turn it off it says click on one of the accounts for example the Guest account. I plan on using HM in my regular administrator account, can I just turn off UAC in the guest account and not my regular account and still have HM work in my regular administrator account?

Also I'm assuming this is still an issue? my vista is 64 bit newest version had it less than a week.

fozzy71
10-09-2009, 12:34 AM
5. Click on one of the user accounts. For example, you can use the Guest account.

You dont HAVE to pick a guest account, that was just an example. You should turn if off for w/e account you play under. You dont HAVE to turn UAC off, if you set all 3 of the EXE's for HM to 'always run as admin'. I personally find UAC to be an annoyance, so I turn it off completely.

hus444
10-09-2009, 04:04 AM
It's a new comp and I understand the UAC is for safety so I'd rather keep it as it hasn't had a chance to bother me yet.

How would I set all three of the EXEs to always run under admin? please be specific I don't know which 3 EXEs or where they are or how to set them to always run as admin or what an EXE is. I have downloaded all the programs in the admin account and only plan to use it in the admin account.

If this is pretty complicated don't bother, just say so and I'll just turn off the UAC then.

Thanks

netsrak
10-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and the AP client (dont know its name). You change this in the properties of the file (via right mouse click).
For further infos you should use Google there you should find more detailled help.

hus444
10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
"Your \HMArchive is usually not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may put it anywhere."

I can't find C:\HMArchive. I have found "program files" and "program files (x86)", under (x86) theres RVGsoftware which has a bunch of sub folders for HM. One called Holdem Manager = "C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software". Or a sub folder in that is called Importing = "C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager".

Both are under x86, should I rather put it somewhere under regular program files, or maybe somewhere else? I'm using vista so if you could just give the name of the folder then subfolder to click ( not as /C: ,as the name of the folder please)that would be best.
Please tell me specifically where to put it, I am computer illiterate.

Thank You.

fozzy71
10-14-2009, 08:21 PM
You can put it anywhere you want as shown in this faq.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

If you still are unsure:

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

hus444
10-14-2009, 10:36 PM
up and running, thanks alot.