PDA

View Full Version : Comp crash and no db backup

Rooney
10-08-2009, 07:29 AM
My comp crashed and i had to reinstall windows. Did it on another drive so i got 10gb of my postgresql-files here from the previous installation but is there any way i can use them? Tried just to copy them in to the "data" folder but got an error when i started HM saying some file was missing :(

Am I screwed?

netsrak
10-08-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

Rooney
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't get it, how will it find my previous database?

casev
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
i have exactly the same problem. Did it work out with you?

casev
10-08-2009, 01:37 PM
i have installed XP on my new partition.

installed HM and installed PostgreSQL the way you discribe here.

But when i startup HM, its empty. Where are my files?

From the old partition i have the map C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3
and a map HMArchive , witch seems to contain all the hands.

what do i have to do now?

netsrak
10-08-2009, 01:40 PM
You need to initialize your old postgresql data folder during the postgresql installation like explained in the Link i posted above.

Or you can reimport all hands from the HMarchive.

casev
10-08-2009, 02:13 PM
hello
thank you for your answer

i managed to import the folder with all the hands``.

it worked

Rooney
10-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I just don't get this. No where in the FAQ it says where to initialize the old db?? Just
"
10) Since we want to use a previous database, unselect Initialize Database Cluster. All the fields below will now be disabled and greyed out. Click Next and the installation will start. "

I have unchecked the box, installed, but then what?

Rooney
10-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Ok so now i just installed it into the old directory and it said that there existed another Database and that this one would be used.

Now anyway i get the error "The following error occured when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to "127.0.0.1"

TILT

Rooney
10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
lol this is just awesome... At this point i can't even install postgresql and Initialize database cluster without getting an error.

"The "Sexondary Logon" service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start this service and try again"

Where the heck do i start this then? Tried rebooting with no success... Kill me

netsrak
10-09-2009, 03:13 AM
This is a standard Windows service, you find it in the Windows services. Use Google for further help about this issue.