PDA

View Full Version : 2 PCs Question

Rescom
02-10-2012, 06:41 AM
I use HM on my laptop and desktop. I want to keep my databases for my old site and new site separate (I have 750k hands on old site I dont want to sift through.) But I want one database for my new site, I dont mind updating when I switch pcs if it doesn't take long. Whats the best way to handle this? Im kind of lost, Thanks.

Patvs
02-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Backup your archive folder (C:/HMArchive) which contains all handhistories of the old site.

Then delete the content of the folder so the archive folder is empty. (ZIP/RAR, or COPY the content to a different location before you delete it!)

Then when you play in february on the new site on PC1, copy the february folder (from the archive folder) to PC2 and run a import from folder on it. (and vice versa if you play on PC2)

Alternative solutions: a shared database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/336/How+do+I+setup+Holdem+Manager+to+share+one+databas e+between+two+computers%3F

And HoldemManager 2 offers a HM Sync feature which can synchronize databases.
(if you use two databases, one with all the hands from the new poker site, you can synch this database on the two computers)