PDA

View Full Version : Problem with importing

snowwhite
02-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi.

I copied the HEM Archives and now I'm trying to import them to a fresh HEM. I have done the exact same thing before with success, but now I ran into trouble. I can only import HH files from this year and the last months of last year. When I use the import file(s) feature I can only see HH files from 11.9.2011 and newer. But the files still exist. It seems like HEM just doesn't recognize them as HH files. Why?

Patvs
02-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Copy the hands to a new folder, and run a "import from folder" on the entire folder in HoldemManager.

In HM1: clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

snowwhite
02-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Which filters?

I'm using HM1, but still tried the hand copying too. This however failed since the older PS hands have file names that are way too long for copying.

netsrak
02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Pat is talking about Reports -> Filter -> clear.

I don't see how a long filename can prevent a file from being copied. Are you using the windows explorer for this or what are you doing? And do you see any error messages? Probably a screenshot would be helpful.

snowwhite
02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Clearing the filters didn't help.

Upright corner is what I see in folder 2010/10/11 when I try to import File(s) from it. No files.
Down in the middle is what I see in folder 2010/10/11 in Explorer. Files
Bottomleft corner is an empty folder where I try to move the first HH file of 2010/10/11.
And this results to an error message about the file name being too long.

netsrak
02-10-2012, 04:58 AM
You should use a file rename tool like multi file renamer to rename all the files in the folder to something like 1.txt, 2.txt, ....
After completion you should be able to import them again.
At the moment the HM import is not displaying the files because their extension is wrong.