PDA

View Full Version : Can't install postgres because neew windows 7

skapokerska
10-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi, someone can help me? I try to install postgres sql 8.3 and when i click on the next button at the end, a warning appears :" the "secondary logon" service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start this service and try again. " I use the new windows version :" windows seven". I don't know what that can i do to run the program correctly.

netsrak
10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
This is just a Windows Service you need to start. You find it in Administration -> Services (or start->run->services.msc).

If you need further infos just use Google.

uscjustallin
10-29-2009, 05:28 AM
Hi, someone can help me? I try to install postgres sql 8.3 and when i click on the next button at the end, a warning appears :" the "secondary logon" service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start this service and try again. " I use the new windows version :" windows seven". I don't know what that can i do to run the program correctly.

I am having the exact same problem and cannot install any version of postgres. I continue to get errors.

Any suggestions for my new Windows 7 laptop?

netsrak
10-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Did you start the service?

What errors do you get?

uscjustallin
10-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I think I installed HEM correctly, but then it requires me to install postgreSQL.

I get to the part where you enter postgrespass as the password, then click next. The error message I receive is:
Secondary logon service not enabled.

I have already turned User Access Controll (UAC) OFF, and this does not fix the problem.

netsrak
10-29-2009, 01:10 PM
This is just a Windows Service you need to start. You find it in Administration -> Services (or start->run->services.msc).

If you need further infos just use Google.

Please....

bL1z
10-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Please....
I have the exact same problem.

I started services.msc, but what do I have to do next?
What do I need to turn on/off?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: nvm, got it.