PDA

View Full Version : Table Scanner 101

buffybegood
10-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Thought there might be a sticky sort of explaining the Table Scanner, but alas there isn't.

I've been testing the scanner and it seems OK, however, from what I've read there are or are going to be 2 different types, server side and client side.

So, for a simpleton, what's the difference, is it a significant difference in practice, and what is the cost of each option?

ScannerSupport
10-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Client Side Scan (CSS):
The scanner will read the available table and players from your local poker client lobby.

Server Side Scan (SSS):
SSS will retrieve a compiled list of table and playernames from our server.

- SSS is much faster
- Requires much more work on our end.
E.g. constantly updating the table and playerlist on our server.
- You don't need to have your poker client running, to check the tables.
- Hence SSS will cost a monthly fee, which is not determined yet.

P.s.: You can find a scanner manual here:
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/ScannerManual.pdf

domino66
10-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Client Side Scan (CSS):
The scanner will read the available table and players from your local poker client lobby.

Server Side Scan (SSS):
SSS will retrieve a compiled list of table and playernames from our server.

- SSS is much faster
- Requires much more work on our end.
E.g. constantly updating the table and playerlist on our server.
- You don't need to have your poker client running, to check the tables.
- Hence SSS will cost a monthly fee, which is not determined yet.

P.s.: You can find a scanner manual here:
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/ScannerManual.pdf

Hi, have you launched the SERVER-SIDE scanning service yet? I'm a PT3 user, and as you know they've got a Table-Tracker product, which works alright, but despite me writing very nice posts on their forums about all the little bugs it has, they really don't do much in the way of addressing the problems. In short: I'm hoping that your SSS is a gem and I can jump ship from PT3 altogether. Qs:
- When is it set to launch?
- Do you have a sense of just how long a typical SSS scan should/will take? That's my primary problem with PT3's product: scans take WAY TOO LONG. I typically scan about 6 sites at once, and about 5 different stakes, from 5/10NL up to 50/100. MY DB isn't even that big, perhaps only 2-3M hands. And yet that scan takes, literally, 2 to 3 minutes before the results window is populated. I asked the developers about this, and they said that it's b/c I'm scanning too many sites/stakes at once (I thought that was the whole point!)...and that if I reduce the # of sites and stakes, say to just one site, and just one stakes, it should only take 4 or 5 seconds (to their credit, that is accurate), but that my problem is that I'm essentially asking their servers to run 30 searches (6 sites x 5 stakes), and 30 x 5 seconds = 2 to 3 minutes. Perhaps it's just the way their servers are set up, but I still don't think they've coded it as efficiently as they could have; I used to use the Sixth Sense table selection software, and it was a lightning-fast server-side scanner. How long do you anticipate HEM's SSS service to take?

ScannerSupport
10-15-2009, 07:34 PM
We recently added iPoker and PartyPoker server-side (SS),
hence we now support iPoker, Party, FullTilt and Stars SS.

We hope to have Everest, Prima/Microgaming and Cereus added in 3-4 weeks.

Regarding the speed:
Can't tell you much about the resulting speed as my own database is pretty small.
Nevertheless the first results should start to populate within the first 20 seconds, regardless of how many sites/stakes you try to scan.

And I am pretty confident that the overall scanning speed will be better than the speed of the TableTracker.

domino66
11-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Hi, thought I'd check back in, because the HEM site isn't really clear on this Q: just what sites are now supported by the SERVER-SIDE table scanner? And have you settled on monthly pricing yet?

Lastly, is there any trial period for the server-side scanner? As I wrote in my post above, I'm just dying for a reason to jump ship from PT3, but until you have reliable server-side scanning for most sites, I'm prob stuck with them...

ScannerSupport
11-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Right now we offer iPoker, Stars, Party and FullTilt (server side).

We currently focus on setting up a "new" server environment for that,
which should be ready in about 1 week,
then we will move on adding the other sites aswell.

Pricing is not determined yet, but it will be similar to the PT3 pricing.

domino66
11-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Right now we offer iPoker, Stars, Party and FullTilt (server side).

We currently focus on setting up a "new" server environment for that,
which should be ready in about 1 week,
then we will move on adding the other sites aswell.

Pricing is not determined yet, but it will be similar to the PT3 pricing.

So...is it currently FREE?

Also, what's the "new" server environment mean? Will that mean performance improvement?

ScannerSupport
11-12-2009, 10:17 PM
So...is it currently FREE?

Yes.

Also, what's the "new" server environment mean? Will that mean performance improvement?
+ Performance improvement
+ Availability / Stability improvement
+ More pokerrooms

domino66
11-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Yes.

+ Performance improvement
+ Availability / Stability improvement
+ More pokerrooms

Only Q I have for now: is Scanner supposed to work with Ongame? It's in the list of your supported rooms, but when I run the search it tells me it can't find the lobby even tho the Eurobet lobby is open.

Now for commentary: wow -- works great, so far. It's like you've had one of your developers reading all of the comments I've made over on the PT3 forms begging for improvements (all being met with "we'll add it to the list"), and added them to your product. Not to mention performance: doing the exact same search on each of Scanner and PT3: Party / iPoker, 1Knl - 20Knl:
Scanner - populates list in 2-3 seconds
PT3 - populates list in 32 seconds.

So quite literally 10x faster, not to mention it doesn't crash on me every other search like PT3 does. Kudos.

Now just hoping for more sites to be added (ESPECIALLY SERVER-SIDE) asap.

harrypits
11-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Why it more effective !

And for what purpose it can happen !
Is there any secure way for this massage !!

thank you

ScannerSupport
11-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Only Q I have for now: is Scanner supposed to work with Ongame? It's in the list of your supported rooms, but when I run the search it tells me it can't find the lobby even tho the Eurobet lobby is open.

ty.

Unfortunately Ongame is no more supported since their latest P5 update :/

It's on the to-do-list, but this will take quite some time...

ScannerSupport
11-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Why it more effective !

And for what purpose it can happen !

Sorry, can you explain your question in more detail please? :)