PDA

View Full Version : Understanding player statistics

TELENTLE55
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi all,
ive recently purchased HM-PRO, i am looking to analyse some player statistics, on page 87 of the holdem manager manual "player stats", please could you advise as to the red lettering and the green lettering, moreover, could someone please explain to me the following, if all aspects of a players stats all show red lettering would this immediatly show a poor and low average for the data base and would the same player have all green lettering and thus a higher avaerage for their particular average. would it be sensible to assume that should a player be showing an all green player stats read-out that they are indeed accomplishing a high level of poker
thanks in advance
TELENTLE55

Patvs
10-05-2009, 03:52 PM
No stats (for example "Limped Flop - Check Raise" stat) is not visible for a player means: his value is not unusual and around the average value for ALL PLAYERS in your database)
If the stat is red: the player has a HIGH Checkraise percentage
If the stat is green: the player has a LOW Checkraise percentage

It actually tells you in the Player Analysis windows if the value is VERY LOW or LOW (green),..... HIGH or VERY HIGH (red).

So if a player has all red stats: he usually is way too loose-(agressive). And all green he is too tight-(passive). However this doesn't say a lot if he's a winning/losing player. A red loose-agressive maniac (who 3bets and checkraises every hand) can very well get away with it in a game with very tight players..... Also a player with NO STATS in the Player Statistics windows, could be playing a very predictable style, where he gets crushed playing higher limits where loose-agressive players will attack him for his standard play, so I'd focus on the main stats (WINRATE/VPIP) in the Player Summary window first.