PDA

View Full Version : Delete the current DataBase or create a new one without deleting?

AnSpeshAL
10-05-2009, 05:16 AM
I played on NL25 PokerStars for 2 months using HoldemManager. Now I want to start playing NL50 but I don’t want HM to mix stats on players who play NL25 with players who play NL50 (because some players play NL25 and NL50 at the same time and they do it in different way: NL25 more loose, NL50 more tight).

I have 2 variants how to do it:

1. The first one is to back up my PokerStars_NL25 database and (if I will lose money on NL50) have the ability to restore it (I hope I will not) at any time. Then I want to delete it and create new database. After that I want to import a bunch of Hand Histories in this new database and start playing new limit.

2. The second one is to create a new database and import a bunch of Hand Histories there. But I’m not sure if HM will not mix hands from two different limits. The other question in that case is: What will be the speed of importing in that case? Will it be as fast as if we just deleted the old database and created a new one? Or it will be slow because of the much data already imported in HM?

What do you think I should do? What will be better?

Thank you!

Salamando
10-05-2009, 06:05 AM
No need to delete/recreate databases. There's a HUD option in HEM to include/exclude hands from other limits.