PDA

View Full Version : Installation and Setup Issues

SPErugger7
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty frustrated with this whole installation and setup process and so I will attempt to include all necessary information to help to resolve my problems....

First off I recently purchased the $80 package for HU Manager and accidentally double purchased because the transaction "apparently" didn't register the first time as I did not receive any confirmation and the follow-up screen did not appear. However, I was charged for it as I checked my online statements and was double charged for it after I went through the process again and successful purchased the software.

Before getting into the technical problems I had I think it's important to note that I attempted to install the trial version about 6 months back and had similar problems. I believed that I uninstalled the software from my computer, however that may be part of the issue.

Next I went about installing things and as specified for Vista users I turned off my User Account Control before installing postgres. I then got to "Step 6" of the installation process and received an error stating that my port number was being used... (aka port 5432). I fiddled with things from there and eventually continued on after unchecking the "initialize database cluster" box (this obviously may be part of the problem). I never had a "Stack Builder" option screen and then was able to install the software.

From there I went about the HU Manager installation and found that it must have already been installed onto my computer as it gave me two options when I clicked it.... repair HU Manager or uninstall it. I chose to repair it and eventually got to "Step 7" of the installation process for HU Manager. This brings me to my last error message as I attempted to Connect to PostgreSQL. When I click connect I get the following error message....

DB Control Panel

Connection Error:FATAL:53200: not enough shared memory for autovacuum

Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
not enough shared memory for autovacuum
Severity:FATAL
Code: 53200
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProgressBackendResponses_Ver3>d_a.MoveNext()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1ienum)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectedState.Startup(NpgsqlConnecto r context)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Open()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.GetPooledConnector(Npgs qlConnection
Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection
Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Open()
at DBControlPanel.frmMain.butTestConnection_Click(Obj ect sender, EventArgs e)

So I have no idea what that error message means. I hope someone here does or if someone has some advice as how I get this properly installed.

fozzy71
10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support Module. It does not need to be installed, as it can run directly from your Desktop/Directory. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.