PDA

View Full Version : Won't load after update.

Banalanal
10-02-2009, 02:33 AM
Was working fine after my big purge and vacuum analyze. Then HEM asked if I wanted to update HEM. I said yes. It now will not load and I get a message from MIcrosoft .NET Framework:

Unhaldled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error...blah blah

...could not load file or assembly 'HEMGUI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PUblickey....

WRN: Assebly binding logging is turned OFF

I did follow the HEM improvement instructions to turn off the logger in Postgre. Edditing a log file and reloading configuration. THe HEM message asked me if I wanted to update after that.... Didn't think the two were related just coincidental... Did undo my edit in the log file (back to on). No difference....

What did I muck up?:rolleyes:

So since then, I've restarted, tried to redownload the latest version, into the folder that I keep HEM in. I now get an error message when updating "HEM could not replace holdemmanager.exe". HEM was not open at all during the update. After i close that warning and try to start HEM, I get a new error message saying HEM has stopped working windows is looking for a solution...

Banalanal
10-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Hmmm, guessing when I shut HEM down, even though there wasn't an icon in the sys tray, it was running in the background or something.... Anyhoo, restarted 3rd time, redownloaded the beta patch.... up and running.

Huffing and puffing for nothing :)

fozzy71
10-02-2009, 09:47 AM
The HMImport.exe process will often not shut down fully, which causes this issue. Ending it from the task manager, or rebooting and updating asap, should usually solve it.