PDA

View Full Version : HM freezes, HUD keeps on going?

j22
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Heya,

When I click on "Cash Games" my HM keeps freezing. If I stay on the import tab after starting auto import it works fine. I have to ctl-alt-del and end the process, then close tbl manager and end the import process as well manually. I can rinse-repeat this.

The Hud will continue to operate normally. I've tried closing table manager to see if it unfreezes HM but no dice.

Any ideas?

-j

netsrak
10-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Please try updating to the latest beta version from the link in my signature.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

If that doesn't help, please answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

j22
10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

1.09 beta 35 - from your sig.

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

stars, not related to Hud though.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

yes - works fine.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

yes.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

yes - HUd updates and works fine (even after Hm freezes!!)

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

Did not attempt since was working fine.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

Not relevant.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

Not using vista.

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

yup.

Like I said, HUD/importing working great. HM just crashes whenever I click on "cash games" or "tournies" ...

j22
10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Wow OK I think I've figured it out. Most amazing thing.

Nvidia released a new driver set at the end of August for its GForce 8 line. I patched this up last week. It made a tweak to how multiple displays are handled... namely it forces you to use the windows control panel instead of the nvidia one to enable multiple displays. (But you still use nvidia panel to alter specific settings on each display... all very complicated IMO). So you're not going to believe this, but HM runs fine on my main display, a 30" powered by one of my GF8800's. I have a second GF8800 which I use for SLI when gaming, or for powering my second monitor when playing cards. Whenever I move the HM over to the SECOND display, it crashes whenever I try to do something (basically when I force it to redraw the screen). So it feels like it's having an issue rendering. I cannot move it back to the main monitor to fix it, I must force End Task. However I can restart it, move it to the main monitor (it remembers it was on the 2nd one), and then switch tabs ok. Wow.

I know this is the classic case of you saying "talk to nvidia," and nvidia saying, "talk to RVGsoftware," but any help you could give me on this would be appreciated, it surely is a very odd issue. I love having my HM open on my spare monitor :). If you need any info from me (specs, whatever, ) just let me know.

Anyway, this is an oddball one for sure thought you might get a kick out of it.

Cheers,

-j

netsrak
10-02-2009, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the info, i'll forward it to Mike...

cheiro
11-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I am having the exact same problem. I am also using XP with multiple 30" displays, using 2 different nvidia graphics cards (8 series and 9 series). However, the problem is occurring on all monitors and not just secondary ones.

Again, the HUD works, but as soon as I click on the "Cash Games" tab the software crashes completely (most of software turns white and there is an hour glass). I have used HEM since June '08 and have only recently started having this problem after taking a month off from playing. HEM version is the latest version as of my post. Have already tried rebooting, reinstalling HEM, etc.