PDA

View Full Version : Ante and blinds on PacificPoker

Obi-Wahn
10-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I can't believe that noone reported this already but I searched this forum with no result.

I'm playing Double or Nothing SnGs on 888.com PacificPoker and there are antes starting with level 3. Whenever I replay a hand, the antes are posted only by players not in the blind. The SB and BB only post there blind without ante. This leads to wrong stack sizes and funny situations, when a player in the blinds losing an all-in still has $25 left, which was the missing ante he should have posted.

I'm using Hold'em Manager 1.09 beta 24

netsrak
10-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Please try with Beta 35 and come back if it isn't fixed

Obi-Wahn
10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I couldn't install the new version, because my trial time was up and I couldn't restart HM.

I got my code from Mansion Poker now and have installed beta 35. But the previously stored hand histories show the same bug. I will see if it changes with new tourneys later.

[edit] With the Beta 35 patch HM didn't seem to add any new tourneys. Trying a new database I found out the reason: all player names are now lower case only. Since my screenname contains upper case letters it doesn't match previously imported hand histories. This totally sucks! Where am I supposed to post this bug?

Anyway, beta 35 doesn't change anything with the original replayer problem.

fozzy71
10-02-2009, 11:54 PM
The latest revisions forces everyone to lower case to get around an ongoing problem but of course for people with current DB’s it creates a new problem. Options are 1) reimport – this gives you the extra benefit of getting all stats for all players since right now if they login with a mix of lower and upper case characters each time you will never get their full stats or 2) wait until we build something that will correct the DB. This might take a while so I suggest #1

Obi-Wahn
10-03-2009, 05:38 AM
It's not a bug, it's a feature? Are you kidding?
I know a third option: Don't use the latest beta!

Don't tell me you want to keep the all lower case names. I want the names in the database like they appear at the tables and I really can't imagine any problem that can be caused by upper case letters. Especially one that can't be solved in another way than changing everything to lower case letters ...

of course for people with current DB’s it creates a new problem.
I guess that's just a handful of people. ;-)

[edit] I just found out what the problem is. But it would be a much better solution to make the comparison to find a player in the db not case sensitive and keep the first used spelling. Or update it to the actual version. This way you don't get a problem with existing databases and most players don't change the spelling of their names anyway.

But the subject of this thread are the missing antes in the replayer.

fozzy71
10-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I will forward that info to the HUD developer.

My last reply was a direct quote from the database developer and i think you misinterpreted it. It is not a 'feature' of HM. It is a change on Pacific's end and this is the best method to deal with it currently.