PDA

View Full Version : My Unbiased Review of Leak Buster

riverulots
10-01-2009, 01:35 AM
So I've heard a lot of hype about Leak Buster and what satisfied my curiosity to purchase it is some of the positive and negative reviews I've read going around. After all like they say, if someone says something enough times, you'll believe it to be true.

First off, I give a lot of props to the creators of Leak Buster as they've gathered millions of stats, analyzed, and compiled it to find an algorithm to "bust leaks". That alone says they're not speaking out of their asses as they have a wide, random sample. Plus they went bold and tried something out of the ordinary. Even if there are some glitches, they have the balls for trying.

One thing I like about the software is it is very user friendly. I've used a lot of poker software and Leak Buster is very user friendly and intuitive. You should never get lost and that brings me to my next point.

AUTOMATION. Leak Buster easily integrated with my HM and you can import your stats with just a click of the button. From there, your stats are automatically populated with tips on how to correct that leak. Like their marketing slogan says, it has an automated poker coach and you can plug your leaks instantly. I find the videos well structured and the authors really hammer in a lot of theory with some real time examples. Their modules are among the best I've seen. I will say some of the concepts are dry, because they are theoretical, but they are fundamentals ala Sklansky and the authors are quick to apply it to the tables.

I've read a lot about how a lot of the stats can be found in HM or in the FAQ articles; my question is have you actually looked at the leak columns? Those aren't in HM or in the FAQ. I don't think the creators of LB would invest all their time and money in a replica of HM, don't you? I see LB as an extension of HM providing stats that HM either forgot or missed the opportunity to capitalize on.

Now on to the negatives. One thing I can agree with a lot of users is that I've had some glitches and errors. No software is perfect and I myself will give LB a pardon as it is its initial release. I remember the big hoopla about PT3 and in comparison, LB's errors are minimal.As a matter of fact, a lot of software released aren't foolproof, that's why they have support.

The bottom line, would I recommend this software to a friend? Yes, if they are serious about taking the next step in their poker game. If you can leave your ego at the door, the price is a small price to pay to fix those mistakes that could cost you thousands in the long run. Currently, what other software is there that shows you a leak and then tells you how to fix that leak. There's something to be said if HM and PT3 are willing to work with LB: I don't think they'd just attach their names with anyone.

I suppose this program would be useless if someone had no leaks and it told them so in the software. I would like to see that person who is "leak free", as they should definitely get their money back.

My 2 cents.

Leak Buster Support
10-02-2009, 04:23 AM
One thing I like about the software is it is very user friendly. I've used a lot of poker software and Leak Buster is very user friendly and intuitive. You should never get lost and that brings me to my next point.

Thanks, that's very helpful to know. When developing software it's always a major goal to make it as intuitive and easy to navigate as possible.

AUTOMATION. Leak Buster easily integrated with my HM and you can import your stats with just a click of the button. From there, your stats are automatically populated with tips on how to correct that leak. Like their marketing slogan says, it has an automated poker coach and you can plug your leaks instantly. I find the videos well structured and the authors really hammer in a lot of theory with some real time examples. Their modules are among the best I've seen. I will say some of the concepts are dry, because they are theoretical, but they are fundamentals ala Sklansky and the authors are quick to apply it to the tables.

Appreciate the compliments, we'll take them. We did put a lot of work into the actual video content on Leaks, and I think it's something that's really overlooked about the software, at least from comments on here. It's one thing to perhaps know about a leak you may have, but it's another to be directed to content that can help you understand you leak. Training sites, no matter how good they are, can't provide this.

I've read a lot about how a lot of the stats can be found in HM or in the FAQ articles; my question is have you actually looked at the leak columns? Those aren't in HM or in the FAQ. I don't think the creators of LB would invest all their time and money in a replica of HM, don't you? I see LB as an extension of HM providing stats that HM either forgot or missed the opportunity to capitalize on.

I assume you're talking about the do not buy thread from the person who posted a couple hours after we released the software. :) Well, what can you say... apprecitate the comments and feedback though.

Anyone else care to share... good, bad or anything in between is welcome. Mainly from people who own the software would be appreciated. We're continuing to develop it, and we are adding more features, so the more feedback we get, the better we can make it for you.

Tom888
10-03-2009, 06:34 AM
If you want user reports...here's mine.

LeakBuster has made me more thoughtful about my game. It showed me several key areas that needed attention and as my score increased...and my results improved then I could see that the analysis was correct.

What I find most useful is the constant monitoring. It gives me a look at how things are going and whether I'm slipping back into bad habits.

Despite my thinking that I'd improved my blind play the analysis refused to agree with me!! and so it proved that my subjective opinion was out of kilter with the facts.

I have a couple of stats that stubbornly refuse to move and as such I'm a little worried that I now over compensate in my play. If we take the WTSD%...I'm going too often...and with the W$SD%...with too thin values...then I now think I've probably over corrected. You can't just play for the sake of LeakBuster stats...it could become compulsive...a bit like having someone permanently sweating your game.

I'd really like to see a good and thorough manual where all the stats are laid out and the analysis behind them is discussed and the cross referencing is also shown. I'd also like to see the graphs of the fall off points to see how each stat's movement affects results.

This is the seed corn of your research and I wouldn't necessarily expect to get it for nothing.

I'd like to see some more work done on the graphs so that individual stats could be mapped...and I did say before that it could be good if you could permanently delete results that keep reappearing.

More vids and back up material would obviously be very welcome.

The filters and HUD do a good job. I copied the numbers from your HUD and put it into my own style....a good compromise.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people take such a negative tone about this product.

In a sample of my most recent 27k hands...from when I first got the product...my score has gone from 7.25 to 8.44 which has meant that for the first time I'm playing winning poker.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased!!:)

pizzagirl
10-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Can we have a Mid/Higher level review of it? I should think a lot of these player's would have analyzed their game a lot and have used Leak Buster's methodology, something similar; or by other means already. Their more expert opinion [compared to mine at least] would be invaluable to the community and maybe useful the developers.
Just an idea.

Leak Buster Support
10-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Can we have a Mid/Higher level review of it? I should think a lot of these player's would have analyzed their game a lot and have used Leak Buster's methodology, something similar; or by other means already. Their more expert opinion [compared to mine at least] would be invaluable to the community and maybe useful the developers.
Just an idea.

Well, before we even put this into the market, we've had several well established high stakes pros who have given the developers feedback, opinions and advice on the software. We will have some printed reviews by these people soon if that helps at all.

pizzagirl
10-05-2009, 03:37 AM
Amongst the many thoughtful pro and con Leak Buster posts, I have read a few, albeit perhaps with good intention, which are shall we say, a little naive? Therefore, yes, I think a few unbiased reviews by higher end players would be appreciated. They may also give insight into ways of utilising Leak Buster that mere mortals like myself hadn't realised.

DoubleDoucheBag
10-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I just bought leak buster... sent the email with my sys ID and am waiting for a response so I can use the software. Please help with this if you can. THanks, Kyle

Leak Buster Support
10-10-2009, 12:38 AM
PM sent.