PDA

View Full Version : holdem manager and sngs

pharreal87
09-30-2009, 06:13 PM
how well does holdem manager work with sngs? is there stats that show how well you do in certain sngs, or even if u are putting it in good in sngs showing if u should be maybe up or down more?

thinking of getting holdem manager but don't play cash and was just wondering if it is that useful for keeping track of sng stats and improving sng play.

fozzy71
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
I am a cash game player, so dont have many SNGs in my DB, but it works rather well with SNGs afaik. Have you tried using the 15 day trial yet.

The Minder
09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I believe there are issues with HEM and SnGs/MTTs that need to be addressed. PM me if you wish.

fozzy71
09-30-2009, 10:03 PM
I believe there are issues with HEM and SnGs/MTTs that need to be addressed. PM me if you wish.

:confused:

Why would you take it to PM instead of posting it here?

Please post any concerns and questions you may have and I will have the developer respond.

pharreal87
10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
yea, i know these programs were built for cash games but just wondering if its worth it if i only play sngs. is it easy to check stats from different buy ins in sit n gos? let me know the main things u like about it for sng use, and what it doesn't.

The Minder
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
:confused:

Why would you take it to PM instead of posting it here?

Please post any concerns and questions you may have and I will have the developer respond.

I have posted my concerns about HEM and SnGs/MTT in other threads on this forum and directly to Roy via email. Some of these concerns have been forwarded to 'the developer' without any response.

I suggested the OP pm me as I did not wish to appear cynical of HEM in open forum.

The Minder
10-01-2009, 09:26 PM
yea, i know these programs were built for cash games but just wondering if its worth it if i only play sngs. is it easy to check stats from different buy ins in sit n gos? let me know the main things u like about it for sng use, and what it doesn't.

Every time a table reforms in an SnG, Hero's stats reset to zero. This is what cash game players want so HEM does it. As an SnG/MTT player, I think this is ludicrous.

There is no ability to manually reset Hero's stats during an MTT with the exception of the obligatory table reform reset. Why do we need a manual reset? Because if you're in a rebuy MTT your playing stats before the rebuy bares no resemblance to post-rebuy stats. It would be nice to be able to make a comparison of these stats from some sort of report, but that's not available.

If you rebuy in a rebuy MTT, HEM thinks the game is over for you. The HUD keeps updating, but the data in HEM seems to hit a brick wall.

There are others, but I don't like replicating other threads into this thread... a simple search of the forum will be of assistance.