PDA

View Full Version : Hands suddenly not importing

OffCall
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
About a week ago I played a rare session at Stars and noticed that the hands did not import. Since I rarely play there (and was just donking around ) I didn't care much and didn't bother to try to fix it. But now my FT hands are not importing either and I can't figure out what happened.

Here's what I think I know:

When I hit either auto import or try to import from a specific folder I see the words "Auto Import..." but the progress bar never moves and nothing happens.

I downloaded the latest patch and when it loads the top of the program box says "Holdem + Omaha Professional 1.09 beta 34 so I think it worked.

I am running as the administrator and UAC is off.

There is one confounding factor - I put a web content filter on the computer (for my kids) but I don't think this is the problem because I can disable the filter and nothing changes and I am not getting messages from the filter saying it blocked anything. I can uninstall the filter if I have to but I'd prefer to keep it, if the problem can be fixed with the filter in place.

Any sugestions?

fozzy71
09-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

OffCall
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
Hold'em + Omaha Manager Professonal 1.09 beta 43
If you don't have the latest version, go to the releases forum and download the newest version and relaunch the HUD to see if the problem still exists

2) a. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?
Occurring on FT and Stars
b. Which type of game(s) are you playing? NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT
7 game HU on FT and LHE on Stars
c. Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button? Yes

3) Often times, it is one setting or one box that has not been selected that causes the problem. Please see our detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with select poker sites to make sure that your HUD is set up properly for your selected poker site.
Re-checked settings and they look ok
4) Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the correct folder.
Yep
In Holdem Manager, navigate to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders and verify that the location of the folder Holdem Manager checks for is the hand histories folder of your poker client.
Yep
While playing, go to that folder on your PC and see if new hand histories that correspond to the tables your playing at are showing up. This is not relevant where the site uses a database like on Ongame or Prima.
Yep
If you can see the hand histories, right-click on the hand history, choose Properties and you should see the location of the hand history. Please highlight that location and copy and paste that location into the answer. This can be done by highlighting the text by holding down the left mouse button while highlighting the text and then right-clicking while the text is highlighted and choosing copy and then paste it into the forum.
C:\Program Files\Ful Tilt Poker\Hand History\OffCall
4) If the hand histories are not showing up in the folder, then go back to the FAQ, as they should show you how to check the settings in the lobby to configure the poker site to save the Hand History and make sure its sending the Hand Histories to the correct location. Contact your poker site if your unsure to find out where you can set the location of the hand histories to save to.

5) So by now you should have confirmed in answering each question that you have setup the folders correctly and the hands are appearing in the correct folder.

Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager? Test this by playing a couple of hands and then going to the Reports tab in Holdem Manager. Navigate to Filter > Clear and for the date filter choose today. Do the hands that you just played import successfully?
Nope
5a) If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database.
Tried to create as described in the link. When I hit connect HEM closes and I get the following error message (see attachment)

6) Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Opens but does not find tables

7) If you open the hand history files, are they written in English? Note that they should be. If you have problems with SnGs and/or MTTs please try it with the english client of your pokersite.
Yep

8) Make sure UAC is disabled and unselect it and restart if it is.
Disabled

9) Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.
Done (Ithink)
If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

fozzy71
09-30-2009, 12:48 AM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
Hold'em + Omaha Manager Professonal 1.09 beta 43

I assume you mean 1.09 beta 34

Please update to the latest beta 35 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

2) a. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?
Occurring on FT and Stars
b. Which type of game(s) are you playing? NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT
7 game HU on FT and LHE on Stars

HM does not support 7 game tables.

Tried to create as described in the link. When I hit connect HEM closes and I get the following error message (see attachment)

I have never heard of that error message when connecting to the DB control panel.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure windows auto updates are fully updated and make sure you have microsoft .net framework 3.5 sp1 under control panel > programs and features.

6) Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Opens but does not find tables

It sounds like you are talking about the Table Manager which is different than the table finder. Try the Table Finder: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

There is one confounding factor - I put a web content filter on the computer (for my kids) but I don't think this is the problem because I can disable the filter and nothing changes and I am not getting messages from the filter saying it blocked anything. I can uninstall the filter if I have to but I'd prefer to keep it, if the problem can be fixed with the filter in place.

Any sugestions?

Disabling is usually not sufficient, if it is the cause. Please try uninstalling it completely temporarily. Or check it's documentation for any way to set exclusions for programs.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

If youa re still having problems Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support Module. It does not need to be installed, as it can run directly from your Desktop/Directory. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

OffCall
09-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Not sure which of the above worked but its now fine - thanks