PDA

View Full Version : Just installed big update for Windows Vista, now HEM Doesn't open

All-inMcLovin
09-28-2009, 12:07 PM
So I just installed a prompted Windows Vista update that was pretty big, restarted my comp (HEM was working fine right before I installed the updates) and now..

When I try to open HEM I get this error message:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Now Connect to PostgreSQL window comes up and when I click "Connect" I get the same error message pretty much.

I clicked on the link for PostgreSQL instruction, and I'm brought to that website.. and when I click on this:

1) Download the setup package from http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgresql.zip.

I get this message:

C:\Users\RADIOS~1\AppData\Local\Temp could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred.

Try saving to a different location.

I'm pretty confused right now :-( please help soon, I was actually in the mood to grind today.

All-inMcLovin
09-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh i jus remembered, I updated my Norton as well

Upgraded to Norton internet security 2010 as well.

netsrak
09-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Reboot your computer and configure exceptions for postgresql and Holdemmanager before trying to reinstall anything.

All-inMcLovin
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM
thx, i was able to figure it out with help of the FAQ

pretty sure everything is okay now..