PDA

View Full Version : HEM acting strange/duplicate hands

enty
09-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Figured Ill crosspost here since its maybe not such an easy/quick question for fozzy.

I moved my postgresql database from C to another partition.
I also backed it up but it seems I was unable to restore it cus its a new database or something on the other drive.

When I opened HEM, the old database was still there so I set that as default and ran HEM. It seems it worked cause the new postgre folder on the other drive is now the same size, and I removed the old folder on C.

The only problem is now my HEM is acting funny. All the hands seem to have doubled (and by now quadrupled ?). I have played around 110k hands this month but hem shows 450k in reports and 220k in sessions tab. It seems every hand is duplicated, for instance last session I played around 500 hands and won $150, it shows as 1100 hands and +300. The player names under my Alias also doubled, I had 2 instances of every screenname I have linked to the alias but I have removed them and now just have one of each.

When refreshing the reports or sessions tab, half the time it just stays blank and when it does refresh theres overlap between the stats and the heading and other weird stuff.

Also, the auto import function doesnt work correctly anymore. At first it didnt import anything, now it imports hands but really really slowly like 5 hands in 3 minutes..

How do I fix my hem ? Do I need to do something with my back up, like make the restore option work and how ?

enty
09-27-2009, 04:08 PM
What version of HM? 8.3 for the backup and restore? Did you use the backup/restore method or the method if installing and using a copy of your \data folder?

*Try creating a new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, and export/import the hands from the old DB, and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

If the new db is still acting funny, and you are using version 8.3, I would suggest you try installing 8.4 clean, turn off the sql logging, and then import some archives to the 8.4 sql server.

HEM was 1.09 beta 23a, updated to beta 34 but didnt change anything.
8.3 all the way through yes. I used the back up/restore method as described in your FAQ, using pgadmin.

I did create a new DB and it seems to work perfectly. It auto imports as it should and Ive begun importing my Archive. Only problem is there seem to be a whole lot of import errors. Like 1/20th of all hands are import errors. I suppose there is no way around this.

Why would I want to export/import hands from the old DB ? Arent they all in the archive folder ?

fozzy71
09-27-2009, 04:12 PM
HEM was 1.09 beta 23a, updated to beta 34 but didnt change anything.
8.3 all the way through yes. I used the back up/restore method as described in your FAQ, using pgadmin.

I did create a new DB and it seems to work perfectly. It auto imports as it should and Ive begun importing my Archive. Only problem is there seem to be a whole lot of import errors. Like 1/20th of all hands are import errors. I suppose there is no way around this.

You are importing the original files from the \HMArchive? I am surprised by that number of errors. We may want to have you send some hands in or the import error logs, perhaps. What sites? Are there any exported hands from HM, PT2/3 in the archive folder? What operating system?

Why would I want to export/import hands from the old DB ? Arent they all in the archive folder ?

It depends, not necessarily. If you have multiple computers/db's, or have ever uninstalled/reinstalled HM, or changed \HMArchive folders for any reason, they may not all be there. I personally have 3 or 4 various 'HMArchive' folders in my archives from all the reinstalls and new computers. The export DB method is a way to insure you dont miss any hands that may not be in that particular \HMARchive folder for some unknown reason.

wrapitup
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I have the same problem here on my buddies HEM. I had used the backup/restore method to transfer his DB back onto his formatted PC. He was running 1.08.x (I just updated to beta), and every hand he played today shows up 4x in the Cash Games tab.

He is importing hands BOTH from a Hand Grabber folder, and the standard LuckyAces saved HH's folder (I do this as well, I believe, with no problems). He's running Windows XP. The archive folder contains the processed HH's.

fozzy71
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I have the same problem here on my buddies HEM. I had used the backup/restore method to transfer his DB back onto his formatted PC. He was running 1.08.x (I just updated to beta), and every hand he played today shows up 4x in the Cash Games tab.

He is importing hands BOTH from a Hand Grabber folder, and the standard LuckyAces saved HH's folder (I do this as well, I believe, with no problems). He's running Windows XP. The archive folder contains the processed HH's.

Was it postgresql 8.3 in the backup and restore? What happens if you create a new 8.3 DB and import the archived hands? What happens in a clean install and of postgresql 8.4.1.1 and a clean db?

enty
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
You are importing the original files from the \HMArchive? I am surprised by that number of errors. We may want to have you send some hands in or the import error logs, perhaps. What sites? Are there any exported hands from HM, PT2/3 in the archive folder? What operating system?

I just imported the hands from 2009. 260k hands I think and about 27k import errors. All hands should be from Tilt, Stars, and some Everest. I am importing from my Archive folder yes, once I moved it from where it was under program files/Holdem Manager to my My Documents folder to save space on C yeah. maybe that did anything. No hands from PT though never had it. I run Vista.

Whatever you need, just ask I am happy to comply. You guys run an awesome support would be cool to give back.

netsrak
09-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Please mail the original handhistory files (as zip archive) with a link to this thread to fabio@holdemmanager.net.

enty
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
the HH from my archive ?
only them ? cause i just requested all my HH from stars, could send them too if u want.

netsrak
09-28-2009, 11:01 AM
The 260k hands where you have 27k import errors. The zipped archive should not be too big.

enty
10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
i exported all of my hands out of the old database (by going to database management in HEM and then connecting to postgreSQL) and re-imported them into my new database. And even though it is mathematically impossible i have twice as many import errors as actual hands :D

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1964/67860761.jpg

fozzy71
10-01-2009, 05:25 PM
:eek:

enty
10-01-2009, 06:03 PM
haha indeed.

i dont know what it is, i think HEM is inventing import errors that arent really errors ?
in any case 380k imported seems about right seeing as i lost everything from before feb 17 09, plus all my stats seem in order for this month at least.

fozzy71
10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Have you talked to fabio yet regarding the hands you emailed him? If not Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

enty
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah I did. And I emailed him my HEM archive folder. He imported them as well and only found 3k import errors, some playmoney omaha hands. To be honest I don't think there is much wrong. Besides the import errors it says there are I don't think there's actually anything wrong with the database at this point.

If you guys want you can still take a look, I do have teamviewer.

He suggested installing postgre 8.4 but I haven't done that yet..