PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL or HEM problem?

aggropaul
09-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi guys,
not sure if it is placed here correctly, but would be great if you could help me!

The following happened today:

I imported today hands and during the import I heard a "beep-sound". The import stopped and when I tried to repeat it , HEM broke down and my HEM icon on the desktop suddenly disappeared!

Before this happened a message popped up, that I should contact HEM support and let them know, what postgreSQL I run ...

I missed to write down the email-address, so I try it here:

I am running postgreSQL 8.3 on my computer.

Further information:

In my quickstart-list a connection to "Shortcut to HoldemManager.exe" is available and when I try to start it via this shortcut, the only thing that is shown is the database control panel.

There I see in the Database Management under Databases "HoldemManager (Holdem Manager)" and I can create a new database, but the "Start Holdem Manager" button is not possible to click.

Is my postgreSQL broken or is it a problem of HEM?

Is there a chance to re-install my old database with all my played hands?

Thanks a lot already for your help!!!!

aggropaul
09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
just saw that my storage on my harddisk is full, so could it be a storage problem as it is too small partitoned?

is it possible to move HEM to another harddisk, where i have much more empty storage left?

the software of HEM is still missing...how can I reinstall it?

Thanks a lot!

netsrak
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Uninstall and reinstall to a different folder.

But the postgresql installation will need much more space. You need to reinstall this too or follow the instructions here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=101