PDA

View Full Version : HM worked during trial period but not after purchasing

ligastar
09-04-2008, 01:20 AM
I did the 15 day trial period and everything worked well. I was six-tabling on Stars and HM worked great. Recently, I purchased the $80.00 version of HM and now it isn't working.

The email I received with my serial code included:

(1) Download the full setup for 1.06 from www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanager.zip

AND

(2) You can grab the latest builds from www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.02.exe

I went to both these links and followed the steps and downloaded this material.

My folder is found on my computer by going to:

c:\program files\pokerstars\handhistory\mystarsscreenname\

I can't figure out why it isn't working.

As a final note, it did work once after I purchased it but it took four hands into my cash game for it to pop up and the HUD never displayed the hands when it went to showdown. Ever since this time it doesn't even come up at all ... and it says that no files are found.

Thanks for any assistance.

morny
09-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Can you explain what exactly isnt working, have you tried the FAQ for solutions particularly these http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=43

ligastar
09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I followed the instructions for - How do i configure Holdem Manager to work with Poker Stars? I believe I have things set-up properly.

I click "Start Auto Import" and begin playing; however, nothing happens. It's as if I'm playing on Stars without having HM on my computer at all.

On the import tab it says this while I'm playing:

Auto update did not find any new files ...

Trying again in 5 seconds ...

morny
09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Most likely you download the version from the website however due to a recent hh format change by stars you need this patch to make it work http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03.exe

ligastar
09-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I downloaded the patch to no avail.

I had my hand history folder open and saw the new HH file appear while I was playing. After I noticed HM wasn't working, I tried to send the new HH file to the recycle bin but it wouldn't let me. It said another program was using the file. So it seems as though HM sees the file since it won't let me recycle the HH file until I close HM.

Should I delete HM from my computer and reinstall it from scratch?

Ughhh, this is frustrating b/c I'm playing a WCOOP event tomorrow and really need HM to be working.

ligastar
09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
morny,

Any suggestions on how to get out of this predicament? I really like the product but this is frustrating. I'll have to advise my credit card not to pay if I can't get this resolved.

Thanks.

morny
09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Can you please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

So from your info we know you have HM setup to import from the correct folder. The other thing i need to know is if you run a report in HM does it show the hand histories?

ligastar
09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks for your help morny. When I go to the Cash Games tab and click report it is only showing hands from 8/31/08 which, if I'm not mistaken, is the last time it worked.

I hope I attached the file correctly here.

morny
09-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Might be a damaged database, can you create a new one http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146 and then try importing the hands. If this is the case youll just need to export your old HH from the old database and reimport them into the new one you create http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12

ligastar
09-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I created another database but same thing. The import progress would read the following after each hand:

Imported 1 files.
Files Imported: 1 of 1
Hands Imported: 0
Duplicate Hands: 0
Import Errors: 8 (this number would increase by one as I played each hand)

When I bring up Database Management, I do have an old "PT3 DB" database listed in the Databases field.

Any other clue as to what could be going on?

Thanks again.

morny
09-05-2008, 06:31 PM
If you look at the title bar at the top of the Holdem Manager window what version does it say it is?

If its not 1.06.03 then it wont work and you need the patch, if it is version 1.06.03 then email me some of those HH to morny@holdemmanager.net

ligastar
09-05-2008, 10:42 PM
My HM said 1.06.01 so I've now updated to 1.06.03. It now states 1.06.03 where it previously stated 1.06.01.

However, there is still an issue. The HUD is not showing stats for any players (including Hero). The HUD is showing the Avg VPIP and the last 3 winners below Avg VPIP. When a hand goes to showdown it shows what cards villain had when villain mucks without calling. But for each player there is only a small square over the seat with an asterisk (the asterisk we click to input a note) and nothing else.

I tried this http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=54 but that didn't correct it.

ligastar
09-06-2008, 03:11 PM
bump

CCCP
09-06-2008, 04:55 PM
This error is due to player names with invalid characters.

I had the same issue yesterday. Wouldn't have noticed except I won a stack on one of the tables, and it wasn't showing up in HM. I manually did a search and replace on the file to change the player's name, and the file imported properly.

I'd post the player's name that was causing the error, but the forums convert the character so it doesn't show up correctly. I can email the player's name if you can tell me who to send it to.

CCCP
09-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Morny I sent you the file that was giving me errors, that I fixed

ligastar
09-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't believe this is the case. Every player is affected, including hero which has a normal name.

morny
09-07-2008, 06:53 AM
My HM said 1.06.01 so I've now updated to 1.06.03. It now states 1.06.03 where it previously stated 1.06.01.

However, there is still an issue. The HUD is not showing stats for any players (including Hero). The HUD is showing the Avg VPIP and the last 3 winners below Avg VPIP. When a hand goes to showdown it shows what cards villain had when villain mucks without calling. But for each player there is only a small square over the seat with an asterisk (the asterisk we click to input a note) and nothing else.

I tried this http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=54 but that didn't correct it.

Please go to Hud Options > Player Preferences and add some stats

ligastar
09-08-2008, 05:52 AM
morny,

I'm all set up now. Thanks for your patience and your help.

Greg