PDA

View Full Version : Getting started with NoteCaddy

jaxx
01-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Hello,
I installed HM2 and imported my hands in the DB. Now I want to see how NoteCaddy is working. It is said that it must generate 5 free notes per player. Where can I see these notes on my HUD? Do I have to install or setup something in order to run NoteCaddy?

johncc
01-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Then re start HM2

jaxx
01-28-2012, 01:48 PM
what about using it with HM1?
when I have licenses for HM1, HM2 and notecaddy, how can I configure it to show popups on HM1 hud?

sreticentv
01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
http://wiki.assaultware.com/Can-I-use-NoteCaddy-with-hm1.ashx

jaxx
01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
ok
so I registered notecaddy.
I have some questions:

- are the notes in HM1 updated in real time while I play? NoteCaddy standalone application must run in the background for this to work? Creating notes tab must be open and the operation started?
- is it necessary CaddyReport to be active in order notes to update in real time (HM1)?
- when I add new note definitions, I have to rerun the process of note creation for my old hands? It will recognize and add only the new notes on the hands?
- when I update some note definition I have to run the process of note creation again? It will recognize and delete the generated notes which definition changed and will regenerate them?

thanks

sreticentv
01-29-2012, 04:44 PM
- are the notes in HM1 updated in real time while I play? NoteCaddy standalone application must run in the background for this to work? Creating notes tab must be open and the operation started?

Yes, NC needs to be open and you need to click "create notes..." in the start pane.

- is it necessary CaddyReport to be active in order notes to update in real time (HM1)?

no

- when I add new note definitions, I have to rerun the process of note creation for my old hands? It will recognize and add only the new notes on the hands?

no. Pending tasks are creating then you click the button to run them on the start pane and it adds them

- when I update some note definition I have to run the process of note creation again? It will recognize and delete the generated notes which definition changed and will regenerate them?

same answer as above

jaxx
01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
thanks
some more questions:

- what does mean the number of opportunities for a statistic like Open shove? (on it is selected Define opportunities by action)
Push [$gamesize][$pfposition][$stacksize] $cardrange
for some player I have note - Push [9 handed] [UTG+1] [20-30bb] 0/1 {}
what does mean 0/1?
he had the opportunity and took it - pushed - why it is 0?

- if I make a statistic 'raised preflop with <20bb and folded to 3bet' - and put the variable [$stacksize] in it - > will I get something like
{17, 12, 15} - one row on which will be shown all stacksizes <20bb for which he raise/folded? (something similar to the range variables)?

- when I use NoteCaddy during a session to import my hands live, do I have to reduce the number of threads in Database settings?

sreticentv
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
thanks
some more questions:

- what does mean the number of opportunities for a statistic like Open shove? (on it is selected Define opportunities by action)
Push [$gamesize][$pfposition][$stacksize] $cardrange
for some player I have note - Push [9 handed] [UTG+1] [20-30bb] 0/1 {}
what does mean 0/1?
he had the opportunity and took it - pushed - why it is 0?

please attach the hand and definition

- if I make a statistic 'raised preflop with <20bb and folded to 3bet' - and put the variable [$stacksize] in it - > will I get something like
{17, 12, 15} - one row on which will be shown all stacksizes <20bb for which he raise/folded? (something similar to the range variables)?

no. It only does that for variables that end with the word range. That is explained in detail here NoteCaddy Variables - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy-Variables.ashx)

- when I use NoteCaddy during a session to import my hands live, do I have to reduce the number of threads in Database settings?

no, it automatically reduces itself when there are few hands as there would be in a live session

jaxx
01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
- just an idea for improvement - it would be very useful if the tabs on a given definition which have any change compared to the default selections on the given tab - to have their names in different color or something. Because currently when you are looking at a definition you see 7-8 tabs with 6-7 subtabs but you have no idea on which tab there is a change and on which everything is by default. Or a separate tab to exists which only summarizes as text lines what have been changed on the other tabs of the same definition.

and some questions:
- i noticed then when I use preflop previous actions - assign note to this player -> the resulting note is created on the correct player, however Tools/Player note history does not find it for any of the players?
- when previous action is used -> you define one of the required previous actions or you define the immediate previous action?- for instance if I define that someone raised before our action will this include also the case when someone raised but another one flatted after him?
- may be there is a problem with $pfraiseinbigblinds -> when I create definition with action raise - it shows the bb which the player raises correctly. If I add the fold action however - it shows always 0?
also if I select Open shove as only action - $pfraiseinbigblinds shows only empty space instead of the amount which was shoved?
- is there a way variables like $stacksize to show the exact number of bb instead of ranges like 46-90?
- $effectivestack shows the smallest stack remaining. but why no variable showing the biggest stack remaining? it is important for statistics like openshove - to know how much bb-s is the player risking really - if A has 100bb and B has 60bb and C has 80bb - if A shoves he is not risking 60bb (effective stack) or 100bb (stacksize), but he is risking 80bb - no variable for this?
- why do we have double actions as previous actions for preflop? for instance open raise/4-n bet. if someone open raises before us, it is not possible for him also to 4bet before we can act?

sreticentv
01-31-2012, 07:34 PM
- just an idea for improvement - it would be very useful if the tabs on a given definition which have any change compared to the default selections on the given tab - to have their names in different color or something. Because currently when you are looking at a definition you see 7-8 tabs with 6-7 subtabs but you have no idea on which tab there is a change and on which everything is by default. Or a separate tab to exists which only summarizes as text lines what have been changed on the other tabs of the same definition.

That has been suggested before but would be prohibitively difficult to implement at this time

- i noticed then when I use preflop previous actions - assign note to this player -> the resulting note is created on the correct player, however Tools/Player note history does not find it for any of the players?

You can see the history in the HUD by clicking the play button. The history in NC gets mixed up by these.

- when previous action is used -> you define one of the required previous actions or you define the immediate previous action?- for instance if I define that someone raised before our action will this include also the case when someone raised but another one flatted after him?

yes

- may be there is a problem with $pfraiseinbigblinds -> when I create definition with action raise - it shows the bb which the player raises correctly. If I add the fold action however - it shows always 0?

this makes no sense. A fold is not a raise so what is it supposed to show?

also if I select Open shove as only action - $pfraiseinbigblinds shows only empty space instead of the amount which was shoved?
- is there a way variables like $stacksize to show the exact number of bb instead of ranges like 46-90?

A shove is a different action than a raise. If you're making definitions for shoves maybe use the variable for stack size

- $effectivestack shows the smallest stack remaining. but why no variable showing the biggest stack remaining? it is important for statistics like openshove - to know how much bb-s is the player risking really - if A has 100bb and B has 60bb and C has 80bb - if A shoves he is not risking 60bb (effective stack) or 100bb (stacksize), but he is risking 80bb - no variable for this?

This could be added in the future

- why do we have double actions as previous actions for preflop? for instance open raise/4-n bet. if someone open raises before us, it is not possible for him also to 4bet before we can act?

it's previous to our last action so it's still possible someone else or even us 3 bet

jaxx
02-01-2012, 09:17 AM
->You can see the history in the HUD by clicking the play button. The history in NC gets mixed up by these.

I am using HM1 with the standalone notecaddy. In the NoteCaddy application when I select Tools/Player note history I can see for a given player how each hand has affected his notes. However for the notes which are assigned to another player by checking 'previous actions - assign note to this player' - I do not see them in Player note history for either of the players?

->this makes no sense. A fold is not a raise so what is it supposed to show?

- may you did not understand me. A raises 3bb, B 3bets him and A folds. note will appear on A that he raised and folded to a 3bet but I cannot make the note show that he raised 3bb?

->it's previous to our last action so it's still possible someone else or even us 3 bet

So if our action is 3bet and I select open raise/4bet as previous action -> this means that the villain had to open raise before us, we have to 3bet and after us he has to 4bet? We define in this case also the following villain action not only the previous?

---------
and some more questions:

- is there a way to see in notecaddy - all generated notes for a given definition?
- is there a variable for the stacksize of the enemy in the hand (or for the stack size of the player from previous actions) ?
- 'effective stack on flop' variable uses the preflop stacks of the remaining players or the preflop stacks minus the blinds for the raise and call? If A and B start the hand with 10bb. A raises 2bb and B calls 2bb - the effective stack on flop will be 10bb or 8bb?
- it would be nice if there is a variable which shows the position group in which was the action (EP,MP,LP) not only the exact position. Or even a possibility to define own such groups

sreticentv
02-02-2012, 07:57 AM
->You can see the history in the HUD by clicking the play button. The history in NC gets mixed up by these.

I am using HM1 with the standalone notecaddy. In the NoteCaddy application when I select Tools/Player note history I can see for a given player how each hand has affected his notes. However for the notes which are assigned to another player by checking 'previous actions - assign note to this player' - I do not see them in Player note history for either of the players?

The way player note history works isn't going to show the history for that type of note. It's too big of a change so probably will never be

->this makes no sense. A fold is not a raise so what is it supposed to show?

- may you did not understand me. A raises 3bb, B 3bets him and A folds. note will appear on A that he raised and folded to a 3bet but I cannot make the note show that he raised 3bb?

In order to make sure everything is understood properly and to facilitate efficient assistance, please submit any requests for help in the following format:

-A definition as an attachment, do not copy paste the xml. If you haven't created a definition, please include the other items
-A hand history that either shows a success or you would like to have show a success. You can easily find these using HEM filters and it is a great way to truly express what you mean!
-A player's name and whether he a.) got a note but should not have b.) should have got a note but didn't
-A brief description of what behavior you were trying to model

->it's previous to our last action so it's still possible someone else or even us 3 bet

So if our action is 3bet and I select open raise/4bet as previous action -> this means that the villain had to open raise before us, we have to 3bet and after us he has to 4bet? We define in this case also the following villain action not only the previous?

No it means he has to open raise then 4 bet before the last time the note recipient acts. The tabs are independent of each other

- is there a way to see in notecaddy - all generated notes for a given definition?

right click the definition->analyze

- is there a variable for the stacksize of the enemy in the hand (or for the stack size of the player from previous actions) ?

here is the full list of variables http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy-Variables.ashx

- 'effective stack on flop' variable uses the preflop stacks of the remaining players or the preflop stacks minus the blinds for the raise and call? If A and B start the hand with 10bb. A raises 2bb and B calls 2bb - the effective stack on flop will be 10bb or 8bb?

$flopeffectivestack - Shows the minimum stack size of all players who saw the flop

jaxx
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I am attaching a hand and definition.
ZhekaZhadan raises 2bb preflop, but because he is reraised and folds, the 2bb raise is shown in the comment as raise 0.0

***** Cassava Hand History for Game 125991050 *****
$10/$20 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 02 06 2011 20:15:16
Tournament #31275733 $22 + $2 - Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: supertrAAmp ( $4,000 )
Seat 2: mr_optimist ( $4,000 )
Seat 3: durlois ( $4,000 )
Seat 4: BlaaSmoelf ( $4,000 )
Seat 5: ZhekaZhadan ( $4,000 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $4,000 )
Seat 7: jameslow1 ( $4,000 )
Seat 9: shazady ( $4,000 )
Seat 10: soczilla ( $4,000 )
mr_optimist posts small blind [$10]
durlois posts big blind [$20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ac, Js ]
BlaaSmoelf folds
ZhekaZhadan raises [$40]
Hero calls [$40]
jameslow1 folds
shazady folds
soczilla folds
supertrAAmp raises [$190]
mr_optimist folds
durlois folds
ZhekaZhadan folds
Hero folds
** Summary **
supertrAAmp did not show his hand
supertrAAmp collected [ $150 ]

sreticentv
02-03-2012, 08:05 AM
That variable was made to only work if all they did was open raise. It probably makes sense to remove that restriction though