PDA

View Full Version : Error when opening hm then cant connect to postgress

cneilan
09-27-2009, 04:47 AM
The following error occurred while trying to open hm. "Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Then when i clicked ok, it brought me to the page where i have to connect to postgress and when i tried i got the same basic error message.

Please help me. What do i need to do?

netsrak
09-27-2009, 07:25 AM
As a first try please reboot your computer.

If that doesn't help this usually is a firewall issue: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=164

And you can try to change the start type of the windows service postgresql from "postgres" to local system account. (Start->run->services.msc).

zenopyan
09-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi, today I experienced the same problem. I tried rebooting, reinstalling postgre, I read the FAQs but nothing worked. The postgre service just won't start. I downloaded the newest version of Postgre (until now I used 8.3) and the service started, postgre was running. The problem now is that I don't know how to import my old data (my previous database is around 10gb). It's in raw format, not exported from pgAdmin, since I can no longer use 8.3
Can you help me?

netsrak
09-27-2009, 12:47 PM
There is no way to reimport it if you have no backup.
Another possible solution would be to import the hands from the archive folder again.

zenopyan
09-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Ok, I'll try importing the hands in a new database.
I guess my hand histories are kept in Holdem Manager/history/ folder. The problem is that part of the hands were played on Entraction and the rest are on iPoker. Those from iPoker seem ok, but I think the Entraction ones don't have any information, it's just some numbers that I can't really understand (I've attached one of the files, I hope you can give me some advice).
By the way, is this folder filled only with auto-imported hands? Because I have about a million other hands from hand histories I've downloaded. Should I import them again or is importing the /history/ folder enough?
Also, the database was 10gb and the hand history files make up no more than 2gb. Is that because the db contains detailed information about the players, stats, etc?

Edit:
Yeah, I tried and I can't import the entraction hands. Any help?

netsrak
09-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Any error message when trying to import the Entraction hands.
Which HM Version?

zenopyan
09-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm using 1.08 beta 30b. Maybe I should note that only hands from 4kings weren't imported, hands from 24hpoker are ok. There were no error messages.

netsrak
09-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Please make sure you have the 1.09 beta 34 patch from the link in my signature.

If that doesn't help, or you need help for any reason, please let us know.