PDA

View Full Version : HM makes computer freeze on Vista 64

IoDa
09-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Hello,

I've been using PT3 for several months and decided to move to HM because my db was getting too big and PT3 was getting too slow.

I've bought the SS version of HM, installed it, imported my old hand history, configured the HUD, everything was working perfectly.

When I finally started playing using HM, still everything was perfect. Importing the hands correctly, the HUD was working well on Full Tilt's tables and everything looked fine. After a few minutes that I was playing (6-tabling) my computer froze. No mouse move, no response to any command, the only solution was the reset button. I tried again a few times and the problem continued.

I disabled UAC, I'm running HM as administrator, I've tried reinstalling the .NET Framework, and tried all tips I could find on this forum and on HM's FAQ. It is still freezing my computer completly after a few minutes playing...

I'm running it on a Core 4 with 4 Gb of RAM and I'm using Windows Vista 64-bit.

Any idea of what could it be?

Thanks in advance.

IoDa

EDIT: Im running the latest beta version of HM.

fozzy71
09-26-2009, 09:23 AM
What anti-virus and other security software are you using?

make sure HMHUD is also set to run as admin.

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Take a screen shot or 2 of the Task Manager > Processes before it crashes, so we can see if HM or HMHUD are hogging CPU.

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

IoDa
09-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Hello,

First of all thanks for your help.

I've done everything you asked me too.
I found out that the HMHud.exe wans't running as administrator. I also added both files to Windows Firewall exceptions. After I made those changes I could make an entire 2 hour session without the pc freezing. But when I went for the second session, after a couple of minutes, it froze again.

I run Kapersky AV and Table Ninja FT besides Full Tilt's client and HM. I've already tested shutting down both and trying again. It still freezes.

I saved the log file of the HUD when it crashes and I also took printscreens of the processes as you asked. Where do I send those to?

One thing I've noticed is that on the processes tab, for both files, HoldemManager.exe and HMImport.exe, the number at the Memory collum keeps increasing slowly. Is this normal?

Once again, thanks for your help and please tell me where to send the files so you can help me fix this issue asap! HM is a great software and I really want to use it.

IoDa

fozzy71
09-26-2009, 07:22 PM
You can attach them to this thread:

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

If you have any problems with that please email the files to support@holdemmanager.net and CC myself, fozzy@holdemmanager.net. Make sure you include a link to this thread.

IoDa
09-26-2009, 08:58 PM
OK. So here are the files.
There are two printscreens with the processes tab and a zip file with two logs of the HUD when it crashed.

I've noticed that the end of the log file in both cases are similar, maybe there's something to do with the crashing. I've took them when the pc crashed on two different times.

Proceding with a few tests here, I managed to make another long session of about 1,5 hours without crashing. So it seems like the cause of it comes and goes.

From every time I run it so far, it has frozen 8 times and run normally twice.

Thx again for your help.

IoDa

fozzy71
09-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I have forwarded this thread to the developers for a reply.

Mike chops
09-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Can you try playing with the pre-fetching switched off for FTP?

IoDa
09-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I can't understand what pre-fetching means...

Is this what you mean? http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=29

If that's what you meant, the value for pre-fetch hands on Full Tilt was already set to 0.

If it's something I have to change on Full Tilt's software, please tell me how to do it.

Sry about my poor understanding here.

Thanks again.

fozzy71
09-27-2009, 10:10 AM
You are correct that if Full Tilt is set to 0 then Pre-fetch was already off.

IoDa
09-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Here is another log that I took when it froze again today...

The end of file is, once again, similar to the others.

I hope there's a solution for my case...

Thanks!

IoDa

fozzy71
09-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I sent the log file to Mike via email.

IoDa
09-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks fozzy!

Hope we can get this fixed soon! :D

Mike chops
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't see anything in the hud logs that is unusual. It just looks like your computer froze whilst the hud was running. I made another build with more logging info. Replace the humhud.exe file in the holdem manager folder. Can you please try running it and send me the log files if you get another freeze?

mike@holdemmanager.net

IoDa
09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
OK, Mike.

I've replaced the hmhud.exe file and will test it now.

If it freezes again, I'll post the log here.

Thanks!

IoDa
09-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I've run it now with the replaced file you posted, Mike.

It used to run for about 10~15mins before it freezes with the old file but with this new file you posted, I couldn't even open my usual 6 tables. It froze in about 2 mins after the HUD was loaded.

Here is the log you asked. Hope there's something to help me in there... :)

Thanks once again.

netsrak
09-28-2009, 01:57 PM
It would be faster to send it to him via mail (see above)

IoDa
09-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Sending by e-mail... Thanks netsrak! :)

IoDa
09-29-2009, 08:53 AM
I have uninstalled HM, through the Control Panel option.
Then I deleted all files remaining on RVG Software folder inside the Program Files folder.
I also cleaned everything related to HM in the windows registry.

Then I downloaded all files again, the full version of HM and the Beta patch and reinstalled everything.

It's working fine now. No more freezing.

I don't know exactly what was the problem but this seems to have fixed it.

Thanks everyone that tried to help me here. A great software needs a great support and you are doing a very good job!

IoDa

fozzy71
09-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I have uninstalled HM, through the Control Panel option.
Then I deleted all files remaining on RVG Software folder inside the Program Files folder.
I also cleaned everything related to HM in the windows registry.
IoDa

If you have never used it, I recommend www.revouninstaller.com when doing a clean reinstall. It does what you did, automatically. ;)