PDA

View Full Version : HUD Not working (Moved from other similar thread)

eaglebjb
09-24-2009, 03:12 PM
I have the exact same problem as OP. Everything looks fine except the HUD won't launch (I am running the new beta....1.09 beta 34).

My problem is that the auto-import seems to kind of hang. It imports items and will say "10 of 10 files imported", but then it says "2 of 4 parts of large file have been processed" and just stays there forever. I'm assuming this hanging is what is stopping the HUD from launching.

I ran a trial version of HEM on my old laptop and didn't have any issues. Not sure why its giving me a problem now.

Also, FWIW when I try to run the table finder, I get the "unattached hands" error.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

fozzy71
09-24-2009, 06:22 PM
I have the exact same problem as OP. Everything looks fine except the HUD won't launch (I am running the new beta....1.09 beta 34).

My problem is that the auto-import seems to kind of hang. It imports items and will say "10 of 10 files imported", but then it says "2 of 4 parts of large file have been processed" and just stays there forever. I'm assuming this hanging is what is stopping the HUD from launching.

It sounds like you have configured your auto import folder list and/or the archive folder wrong. You do NOT want your archive folder to be in the same path as an import folder, or setup as it's own auto-import folder. Auto-import is used while playing in real time, and not for importing archives in bulk. That is what the Import From Folder/Files options are for.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

eaglebjb
09-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Ok, you were right...I foolishly had the archive folder set up incorrectly, but I moved it back to the default, and still no dice. Attached is the config file.

Thanks much

fozzy71
09-25-2009, 12:43 AM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=73 and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

If that doesnt help I would like to take a look at it personally.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

eaglebjb
09-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Actually, turns out the problem was a MTT summary file I must have accidentally dragged into the auto-import file. Once I removed it all is good.

Thanks for all your help!