PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL unique issue

mmac900
09-24-2009, 12:36 AM
I used to have pokertracker trial version. Recently I deleted that, along with postgreSQL, and downloaded the trial version of Holdem Manager, with the intent of buying it because it seems better then pokertracker. However, I cant instal postgreSQL for some reason:confused: I go through all the steps until it starts installing, but near the end it says it cannot install because user account already exists, and then the bar slides back to the left and yeah. I do not have postgreSQL on my pc anymore, how can I install it and get holdem manager to run for me?

fozzy71
09-24-2009, 01:51 AM
For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete or rename the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL 8.4, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows

Connor
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I've been using PokerTracker for several months now but I want to check out your product. Can I run them both on the same machine?

I installed your software on a trial basis, but when I get to the Connect to PostgreSQL it won't accept the default information that's on your install guide. I click Connect and it tells me the username and/or password is incorrect and asks if I would like to have Holdem Manager configure to accept. I click Yes and it doesn't work.

Is this because of PokerTracker? I don't want to uninstall PT as yet since I have about 60k hands on it and I want to test your analytics before committing.

Thanks!

fozzy71
09-24-2009, 12:57 PM
You can export your PT3 DB and import it to HM - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=63

If you created a unique name and password during install, you will need to enter that now.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

svcpass is another possibility

Go to your command function (for Vista users, type cmd in search) and type net user. This will show you which user groups are on your pc.

Net user will tell you what the user is on your machine.

If you still can't get connected thru HM you can either try to remove the password requirement entirely.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

Connor
09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks Fozzy changing the password worked and now I'm setting up the database.

mmac900
09-24-2009, 01:54 PM
For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete or rename the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL 8.4, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows

Thanks a lot, I did this and I was able to install posgreSQL. I just have one more small issue, when I try to turn Holdem Manager on and it says to create new database, and I do that, it shows the following error:

"The following erroe has occured when trying to initialize the Holdem Manager databse: ERROR 22023: new encoding(SQL_ASCL) is incompatible with the eoncoding of the template database (UTF8).

What can I do? Thanks in advance!

netsrak
09-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Please update to the latest beta from the link in my signature and create an UTF database

mmac900
09-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Thank you guys so much! I was going to give up on this but you guys helped me get this to work, now i just need to setup my HUD and import hands:)

fozzy71
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
No need to give up. We are always here to help you get it running. Let us know if you need any further help.