PDA

View Full Version : Trouble downloading SQL

Dot Fender
09-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Yesterday I downloaded the SQL data base, and Holdemmanager ( happy about my new tool, boy that has changed ), but I couldent get the H. to connect with the database.
After reading all about it in F&Q, unistalled, installed ( many times ), done all
you suggest, its down to this when I try to install the SQL :
After the initialize database cluster picture, I come to Enable procedural languages picture, pre. enabled PL/pqsql, I push next, and come to Enable contrib module with pre. enabled Adminpack. ( and ALOT of other options I dont know anything about ) so I push next again, now Iam ready to install.
When installing an error comes : Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not activated in any databases. I push OK
Next error : Could not connect to server. Connection refused (0x000027D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432 ? I pusk OK again.
Next error : Failded to connect to the " template1" database. Contrib files are installed, but are not activated in any data base, I push OK again.
Next error: Could not connect to server. Connection refused (0x000027D/10061)
I push OK again, and the next picture says installation the installation is
completed succesfully ?????
I remove the launch builder, and finish, install holdemmanager, but cant connect to the database.
Please help:(:(:(

netsrak
09-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Please check this: http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18099

and come back if you need further help.

Dot Fender
09-22-2009, 03:46 AM
I run as an admin., disabled ALL security, disabled AUC.
Trying to install the 8.3 version
Iam now trying to follow stickys advice, for

Fix for PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If youve just recently had a problem where it says Failed to establish a connection to ‘127.0.0.1’ then its most likely due to an update microsoft released for defender. Please try the following to fix it

1: Go to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" and open the "hosts" file with
notepad............

But when I try to edit in the HOST file, I cant save it, even though its not protected and Iam running it as an admin.
Any suggestions ?

netsrak
09-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Save the file to the Desktop, rename the original hosts file to hosts.bak and copy the new one to the folder.

Dot Fender
09-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Should both files be in the renamed folder or just the new one ( stupid question, I know )

netsrak
09-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope you mean renaming the files not the folder.

After the procedure you have 2 files there hosts.bak and hosts

Dot Fender
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes it worked, thank you very much, I have connection now, life is great again :D

sariboxer
09-22-2009, 01:17 PM
cc