PDA

View Full Version : HEM imported latest files to new username

Luckycharms74
09-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi guys

I updated HEM with the latest beta and the following has happened.
I'm playing on pacific poker & today HEM imported my hands to a new username. My username on my poker account is Luckycharm74, but today it imported the files and placed them in a new username luckycharm74.
With the new username is has small letters so the DB does not recognise it to be the same as old one & now I have two different sets of data. How can I make all the data appear under the original username..........:confused:

fozzy71
09-20-2009, 03:54 PM
The quick fix is to do this:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

Could you also please find some of the original hand histories, from each group, and email them to the developer. Please zip and email the hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.net It sounds like a possible bug that he should see.

Luckycharms74
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
The quick fix is to do this:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

Could you also please find some of the original hand histories, from each group, and email them to the developer. Please zip and email the hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.net It sounds like a possible bug that he should see.

Hi Fozzy
I have done the quick fix but all that does it group the 2 usernames to the new ALIAS. This is happening on all players which I now have 2 databases on each player :(. I have mailed some hand histories form both groups.

Is it possible to repair the DB by fixing indexes or should I just create a new DB again ????

fozzy71
09-23-2009, 10:33 PM
I think a new DB would have the same results if it si something that requires the developer to update HM first. He should reply here after he has looked at your hand histories.

Obi-Wahn
10-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I have the same problem now with the HM version 1.09 beta 35 and I'm sorry but it has nothing to do with the PacificPoker hand histories. It's a bug that entered the HM somewhere between beta 24 and 35.
Until yesterday I used beta 24 and all player names were imported correctly with upper cases. Today I updated to beta 35 and suddenly all player names are lower case only. In the PacificPoker hand histories all names are written correctly with upper cases!

This totally sucks and I will revert to beta 24.

[edit] I changed back to beta 24 and now todays hand histories are imported with the correct names!

netsrak
10-04-2009, 05:42 AM
With Beta 33 we introduced a new handling of Pacific player names: they are all converted to lower case because depending on your login they were handled differently. So this lower case letters are an adjustment to this problems.

If you want to update to the latest beta you should create a new database and reimport all your hands with this Beta.

Obi-Wahn
10-04-2009, 11:53 AM
In this case: Can I download the beta 32 anywhere?

Honestly, how about making the comparison of player names not case sensitive for PacificPoker and leave the names as they are, instead changing the names and creating a new problem???

I dont' want this "feature"!

fozzy71
10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
In this case: Can I download the beta 32 anywhere?

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11865

Honestly, how about making the comparison of player names not case sensitive for PacificPoker and leave the names as they are, instead changing the names and creating a new problem???

I dont' want this "feature"!

This is a quote from Roy:

The latest revisions forces everyone to lower case to get around an ongoing problem but of course for people with current DB’s it creates a new problem. Options are 1) reimport – this gives you the extra benefit of getting all stats for all players since right now if they login with a mix of lower and upper case characters each time you will never get their full stats or 2) wait until I build something that will correct the DB. This might take a while so I suggest #1

gymchamp
10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
At this point are you guys close at all to creating a fix that will correct the database duplicates?

If not how do I go about reimporting all my hands? Is there an article on how to do this somewhere?

Thanks.

netsrak
10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
No fix available yet.

The export / import is very easy: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

gymchamp
10-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

One question though. Once I export my hands from my current database where do I reimport them to? Do I have to create a new database?

gymchamp
10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
My question may be stupid but I'm pretty sure it still deserves an answer.

netsrak
10-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Sorry i think we missed your question.

Yes you should create a new database where you import all hands too.
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

gymchamp
10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Thank you.