PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed and tired

mumrik
09-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Just letting you guys know I'm disappointed of your product and tired of having to fix it all the time. You offer an outstanding support via this forum but too many problems lately makes me consider what other options is out there. I was always happy with HM even when I had problems cause computer software is like that, and of course sometimes the cause of the problem was myself. The last months though my HM have refused to import hands, refused to start up the HUD, simply crashed and been acting very strange in general very often. When I get it working on one site it stops working at another that worked fine before. I'm a little fed up right now. I don't want to criticize a product I think is outstanding but since one of the latest updates (don't know which one, can't keep track) HM has been working very poorly. I guess you can consider this customer feedback.

Misti Blue
09-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Well least you got to try it out!

I still can't even get to it, yet. I'm stuck at the database control they progres is messed up & no one wants to help me :(

You know not everyone is computer literate. I thought this would be a simple software to download, why all the confusion in installing this? It's no wonder it doesn't work too well after it's installed.

Sorry but I'm upset!

I've been at this for 4 days now and nothing to show for it, I'm about to just give up and go with PT...

you guys just lost yourself a few customers.

fozzy71
09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
I have already asked the developer to reply to this thread.

If either of you need assistance getting your HM/SQL working Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support Module. It does not need to be installed, as it can run directly from your Desktop/Directory. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

kingcobra1
09-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Well in the future you guys might want to have a look at this from the perspective of uers who aren't that tech savvy. I had a hell of a time myself getting this to work, I'm a poker player not a computer geek, and in spite of the FAQ's I pretty much had to figure how to get the thing working myself by several hours of searching the net and trying different stuff. I agree that the level of support is awesome, perhaps though you want to put together a product that you don't need individual coaching by a tech guy to get the program even to work like this person seems to :eek:

netsrak
09-20-2009, 05:14 AM
Sorry about this but Holdemmanager is a very complex software which needs a database (Postgresql) which makes it even more complicate and it has to communicate with lots of other programs (the video/graphics drivers, the pokerclients and the handhistories).

Its not just a simple textprocessing program which everyone can install and use.

So if you got problems we try to help you via the forum or we can setup a teamviewer session to get it running.

_Loki_
09-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Hi

** I think HM is remarkable. Anyone who wants to be MORE than an online grinder poker player needs HM (or equivalent) to monitor their OWN playing & development. Impossible to do otherwise.

** I think the support offered is excellent. That seems to me to do with the high quality of the people involved in support mainly & the way that as a rule they get things done

BUT...

I would like to suggest some areas where improvements might be made

MY CRAZY IMPRACTICAL IDEAS:

1] Have one kernel product that costs say $40 & functions...
*** For ALL poker games - stud, holdem, omaha etc
*** For ALL modes - FR, 6max, HU
*** For ALL types - tourney, cash
*** For ALL stakes
*** For ALL customer regions
Customers then download ONE add-on module for EACH poker site they are interested in playing on.
Maybe $15 per site ?
OR A LICENCE FEE OF SAY $3/SITE/YEAR ?
WHEN A POKER SITE CHANGES IT'S INTERFACE, BRINGS IN NEW GAMES, BANS MINING ETC ETC THE HM USER NEED ONLY DOWNLOAD THE REVISIONS FOR HIS PARTICULAR ACTIVE MODULE(S).
IF A USER GIVES UP PLAYING AT SAY FTP HE KEEPS THE FTP ADD-ON, BUT HE CAN SWITCH IT OFF.
WHEN HE REACTIVATES IT IN THE FUTURE HE ONLY THEN NEEDS TO UPDATE IT AT THAT POINT & NOT BEFORE.

EACH USER WOULD PERHAPS HAVE A SMOOTHER, SIMPLER EXPERIENCE & LESS BLOODY DOWNLOADS.

2] Most of your forum visitors are poker nuts first & software nuts - not at all ! Customers mostly come here to solve one issue & then say "thank you & goodbye". Why then is the forum so difficult to navigate ? It took me a long time to work out the "forum tree" & how/where to post. Reduce the options on the home page to ONE OPTION. Hide the dead threads. Do something about the useless search function. Have ONE place where all threads start & call it "NEW THREADS (DATE)". Every hour someone at your end allocates each new thread a place in the tree.

3] The forum home page could be called "THE HM LOBBY" & be like the PokerStars lobby with Tabs & viewing panes. It is very very easy to navigate most of PokerStars. The HM staff could have their faces & biogs in the lobby :)

4] Problem solving: This is very important !! A lot of rewriting required of your FAQ's. They are out of date, difficult to find & FULL OF JARGON. It is easy to miss a step or not be sure if your OS needs a particular step to be ignored or whatever. I think the only way to handle this is to get a dozen unpaid, enthusiastic users involved in a massive rewrite. Each rewrite needs to be screened for logic & literacy by another group of non-computer literate users.

5] Set up problem solving areas based on the user OS. Vista users would go to the VISTA FAQ area & the FAQ there would be edited for that OS.

I would like to help by rewriting the solution to a recent problem I had to do with not connecting to postgreSQL. PCP POKER thread is very good, but also needs to be updated, simplified & presented as one FAQ for each OS

Regards
Michael

_Loki_
09-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Maybe set up the FAQs a little bit like Wikipeadia, but obviously with moderation controls.

Michael

Misti Blue
09-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Well I installed it all and even watched Bruce's free videos, I got a chance to try it out 1 time and then FT crashed on me...DEBUG error. I tried to remove the installation of progresql and it wouldn't let me so I had to do a system restore back to a previous date before this installation.

Then...I was still having debug errors on FT so I rebooted my pc and "SHOCKED AS I WAS" my system started a CHKDSK , verified and deleted indexes ...etc.

AFter all that was done, I still was having problems with Full Tilt...lost $6.00 registering for tournaments and not being able to sit in.

So I had to remove and re-install FT in order for it to work.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I really liked the HEM but if it causes this much problems ...I think I'd rather go with something less damaging to my pc.

sorry that's just my thoughts, especially when I lost money without knowing where the problem stemmed from. Had I known this software would impact how FT works, I'd have probably not installed it on my computer.

Rvg72
09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Well I installed it all and even watched Bruce's free videos, I got a chance to try it out 1 time and then FT crashed on me...DEBUG error. I tried to remove the installation of progresql and it wouldn't let me so I had to do a system restore back to a previous date before this installation.

Then...I was still having debug errors on FT so I rebooted my pc and "SHOCKED AS I WAS" my system started a CHKDSK , verified and deleted indexes ...etc.

AFter all that was done, I still was having problems with Full Tilt...lost $6.00 registering for tournaments and not being able to sit in.

So I had to remove and re-install FT in order for it to work.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I really liked the HEM but if it causes this much problems ...I think I'd rather go with something less damaging to my pc.

sorry that's just my thoughts, especially when I lost money without knowing where the problem stemmed from. Had I known this software would impact how FT works, I'd have probably not installed it on my computer.

It sounds like and FTP / System issue to me. Holdem Manager shouldn't cause any of these issues you are experiencing with FTP

Roy

Rvg72
09-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Just letting you guys know I'm disappointed of your product and tired of having to fix it all the time. You offer an outstanding support via this forum but too many problems lately makes me consider what other options is out there. I was always happy with HM even when I had problems cause computer software is like that, and of course sometimes the cause of the problem was myself. The last months though my HM have refused to import hands, refused to start up the HUD, simply crashed and been acting very strange in general very often. When I get it working on one site it stops working at another that worked fine before. I'm a little fed up right now. I don't want to criticize a product I think is outstanding but since one of the latest updates (don't know which one, can't keep track) HM has been working very poorly. I guess you can consider this customer feedback.

I'm sorry about the issues you are having. Please do note thought that in the last 4 months

1) FTP released a terrible update that caused all sorts of problems for ALL software due to the poor ways that they are handling file locking and hand history saving

2) Poker Stars released a few different hand history changes that caused ALL software to stop being able to parse the hands

3) Pacific Poker released a completely new platform and hand history format

4) Ongame scrapped their poorly implemented sqlite database and went with a poorly implemented text hand history file. Much better than before but again another rewrite of the parser and lots of issues they create that we need to build work arounds for.

5) Many sites changed their clients and lobbies forcing us to rewrite sections of the hud code that deals with this area.

There are lots more sites that made other changes and we try to deal with them as quickly and as best as we can. The reason we are up to beta 33 (and 34 coming out later tonight) is because we haven't been able to finalize the build for 1.09 due in a large part to all of these changes out of our control. We are getting close now and we can then focus once again on adding great new functionality and ensuring that first time non technical users are better able to jump right in and use the software

Roy

mumrik
10-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the responses. For the moment HM is working for me and I am very happy about it. I had a run a while ago where it didnt work so smoothly and much of it was probably because of the siteupdates. I regret making the thread and want to make clear I really appreciate the techsupport HM offers.

Misti Blue
10-01-2009, 02:33 PM
It sounds like and FTP / System issue to me. Holdem Manager shouldn't cause any of these issues you are experiencing with FTP

Roy

So why is it then, that after removing HEM from my system and re-installing FTP all works fine now?

Does HEM mess the configurations on computer systems? Cus that's what seems happened with my system (or so some tech guy tried to explain to me...I'm not computer savvy)

I really do want to try it again...but with the help of someone who can guide me and for free. I don't want to spend money in the purchase of the product (since my trial period was lost due to the restoration of my system and being afraid to re-install HEM back on it) and plus have to pay someone to help me install it. It's a program...it should come with fairly easy instructions like all other programs. Not make it so difficult that you have to PAY TO BUY IT THEN PAY TO INSTALL IT. Doesn't make sense to me...

As for paying someone later on for instructions on HOW TO USE IT TO MANAGE THE STATS ...that's different, I wouldn't mind paying for that. But in all honesty all the poker forums have threads on that now where you can simply ask a member for their set up and they'll gladly give it to you or help you through it.

so...I will repeat...if there is someone here, who is willing to help me install the HEM for free, (which in all honesty I think is a good program to have minus all the difficulties of installing it)...I'd be willing to give this another chance.

netsrak
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.