PDA

View Full Version : Getting Old Hands From Laptop Hard Drive

QTip
01-19-2012, 04:13 PM
So, I had a laptop destroyed. I have the old hard drive and a sata to usb cord. The hard drive is fine, so I can see the files on it. I have HEM on my PC as well. How do I get to the hands I have on this laptop hard drive?

Thanks.

Gacil
01-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Copy the hand histories to a folder on your PC. Home>Hand Importing and select Import folder. Browse to your new folder. Profit, buy stronger laptop. ;)

Let us know how it goes.

QTip
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Copy the hand histories to a folder on your PC. Home>Hand Importing and select Import folder. Browse to your new folder. Profit, buy stronger laptop. ;)

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the response. But, can you tell me where I would find those hand histories? I was figuring they were buried in a postgresql database somewhere in there.

Gacil
01-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Ah, sorry I thought you knew where they were.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Importing the original hand histories is favourite. If you can't find them that's a whole different ballgame.

QTip
01-19-2012, 08:22 PM

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Importing the original hand histories is favourite. If you can't find them that's a whole different ballgame.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that has about 1/4 of my database. The rest of the database I had actually imported from a different computer. So, those original files aren't on there. Actually...there's a chance I still have that old hard drive some where. Let me see if I can hunt it down before we enter the "whole different ballgame" :)

Thanks again.

QTip
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM

No...unfortunately, I'm in the "whole other ballgame" territory. However, before we get too involved with that, I'm going to try a few things with this laptop. Thanks again.

Patvs
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
If you played those hands on PokerStars, email PokerStars and request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played. (PartyPoker/Full Tilt can also email you ALL hands)

Also copy your old C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder from the drive--> to the new computer/new drive.
Then manually install PostgreSQL with the 8.4. installer from PostgreSQL: Welcome (http://www.postgresql.org)
During the installation--> when you can choose the location of the /data folder--> select your old /data folder.
Once you can connect to the old database: you can backup the database, or EXPORT all the hands in the database:
Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Select Database--> (set it as default)--> EXPORT HANDS