PDA

View Full Version : HEM & PT3 Together

bandy
09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Currently using PT3 but have decided that it would be prudent to have HEM as well. I would like to be able to use either program during any given session.

I have a couple of questions before I purchase - the major one being how do you keep both databases up to date? Specifically, how do you manage where the processed files are placed to ensure the other program has an opportunity to import the hands?

A second less important question - is it possible to show hero's HUD stats for only that session rather than full db stats? I'm sure there's a very simple way, I just haven't noticed it in the day or two that I've been trying the demo.

Thanks

fabio
09-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I wouldnt suggest using PT3 and HM at the same time, but to keep both up to date, you can import the processed hands folder into the other tracker.

For session stats on the HUD, just double click the note symbol

bandy
09-03-2008, 02:13 PM
OK - I guess I was hoping for something a little more automatic.

I've looked through HEM a fair bit but couldn't find where I would change the destination folder for processed files. Could you please point me in the right direction.

morny
09-03-2008, 02:25 PM
You cant edit the folder currently although we will be changing that. For now go to Options > Auto Import Folders and delete the old one and reset it up and choose whatever folder you need then. Its detailed in the FAQ how to setup the auto import folders for each site aswell if you need further instructions

Byzantium
09-03-2008, 02:25 PM
On my old computer before it died, I was using the trial versions of both holdem manager and pt3, but I was playing using HM exclusively, (basically) using PT3 for the SNG and Tourney results), anyway, when I was done playing a session using HM, I would just open PT3 and click auto import, and It would upload all my hands that were played. Don't know if that still works now, I do not have PT3 on my new laptop.

morny
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah this is because HM dosent move the hands immediately however if you accidentally set it to auto import while HM was still running PT may move the files before HM imports them wheras if you set PT to import from the processed folder then you cant run into this problem.