PDA

View Full Version : HUD overlaping and making computer slow

SR1337
01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Hello!

I've been using HEM for many months now and have had no troubles. But yesterday I decided to change my windows from Vista to XP pro. Did it and then installed pokerstars and hem again. But not yet the old hand histories. Now when I open tables at pokerstars and start auto import (hud), my computer becomes slow, and huds are overlaping each other. 45961 Like this. This has never happened before. Also with vista opening 16+ tables made my computer slower, but now it goes slow with even one table opened and hem running.

I am using the last hem version 1.12.09.

Any ideas whats causing this? How to fix it?

Thanks!

Patvs
01-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates. (update to Service Pack 3, etc.)

---

Setup the seating preferences: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating
Play on only one table. Move the HUD panels to the right positions--> click File--> Save Positions in TableManager.

SR1337
01-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Thank you for your response.

I am using Avira antivirus

I have updated hem. I also added exceptions to windows firewall although I don't use it. Windows is running on SP3 and is fully updated, I am also using the latest video card drivers.

Still no change. Any ideas?

netsrak
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Table manager -> force on top is disabled?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

SR1337
01-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Attatched holdemmanager config.

Meanwhile reinstalled windows without any other programs, and installed just stars and hem. Put there is still a problem. Now the stats are overlapping and jumping/flashing all over the table.

I'm a regular player and this kinda bumms me out, not having played for three days now. Thanks to everybody who is tryng to help.

Patvs
01-20-2012, 07:43 PM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files (pospref2txt and pospref4.txt), so HM will rebuild them to default:
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2txt and pospref4.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

SR1337
01-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Unfortunetly this did not solve the problem.

SR1337
01-21-2012, 05:52 AM
I think I got the problem solved. Downloaded a punch of different drivers and tried them one by one. Found one that works like a charm, it suprises me that it isn't the last driver, but a few year old. Thanks for your help!

SR1337
01-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Spoke too soon. :(( Opened 13 tables to start playing normally, and welll... nothing has changed, now huds are not flashing around, but are still overlaping each other on every table.

I'm out of ideas....

Patvs
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.