PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

kingcobra1
09-19-2009, 05:05 AM
After many hours over several days of trying to get this thing working here's where I'm at:

You can't rely on Pacific's hand history, where I play, so I got the Pacific Hand Grabber. Extra 50 bucks, what the hell, I want to get this thing to work. First off if you're running Vista forget about saving your hands in the default folder of this program, it saves them but you have to click on the compatibility button to bring them up, HM doesn't do this so it can't find them. So I finally figured a way around this, I set up a new folder in C and I can now import them using import files.

However when I go to use auto import it doesn't find any files this way, and I have all the settings right. Very strange. So the next step is to get this to work and I have no idea how which is why I'm posting.

After that it's on to the HUD and considering all the grief I've had so far with HM that looks like a mountain to climb. We'll worry about that then though, if I can even get that far. When I think of all the time and aggrivation that I've spent on this already I'm starting to wonder whether I would be better off just forgetting about the money I spent on this and get PT3 instead which I'm sure isn't such a damn adventure.

Anyway, if there's anyone who can help me with this latest problem I'd be grateful.

netsrak
09-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory.
Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

kingcobra1
09-19-2009, 08:12 AM
I actually have been through the FAQ a few times :) However, I initially turned the UAC back on after I installed the software, at the time it wasn't allowing me to access the internet, and I thought it only had to be off for the installation. So thanks for clarifying that, I played around with the network settings and now I can run with UAC off. That fixed the problem as well. Now the HUD is working as well and all is good. Thanks again.