PDA

View Full Version : Manual backup

urbanmyth
01-19-2012, 12:48 AM
I need to start over with my OS and want to backup, but HEM won't open at this time. It is 1.0 but after an update, it will not open. This was a while back, some months.

I need to update my virtual machine anyway, and maybe update my Windows (running xp from 2002 lol), and then start over with my HEM, not sure 1.0 or 2.0.

I need:

--to get 1.0 running, then use the export, or

--backup files manually then start over and import that data

I followed this advice:

We don't support 9.1 ...at all.

Backup/restore will only work with 8.4
You're free to use 9.0, but then the backup/restore won't work.

Don't use 9.1

You can manually backup the database. Backup in pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

And backup the Roaming/HoldemManager/Database folder.
This gave me a Unix executable file named backup.backup

Do I need to backup anything else? I have two Postgres SQL folders, 8.3 and 8.4. (I have 9.1 too but it has little data in it. This upgrade may be part of the problem

I have a file marked HMarchive in my C: drive that has xml files

I appreciate any help.

Patvs
01-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Backup: C:/HMArchive (which has the original handhistories)

Backup the entire C:Program Files(x86)/RVG Software/HoldemManager folder, because it contains:
RVG Software/HoldemManager/FISHFINDER folder (TableScanner settings / buddy lists, etc.)
RVG Software/HoldemManager/Reports folder custom reports)
RVG Software/HoldemManager/SitNGoWizard folder (SitNGoWizard settings)
RVG Software/HoldemManager/CONFIG folder (settings and auto-rate rules)
RVG Software/HoldemManager/Filters folder (custom filters)

Also in HM1: export your custom HUD, and export your notes, and bonus/rakeback settings.

The internal backup/restore tool can backup ALL of these things.

urbanmyth
01-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Backup the entire C:Program Files(x86)/RVG Software/HoldemManager folder, because it contains:

This is interesting because I have a Programs/RVG Software folder and a Programs/HoldemManager folder. advise?

Patvs
01-19-2012, 02:48 AM
HM1: only uses C:Program Files(x86)/RVG Software/HoldemManager
(unless you installed it to a different folder)

Your Programs/HoldemManager folder (or Program Files(x86)/HoldemManager) is probably an old HM2 folder (did you ever install the HM2 trial?) that is not being used anymore.
HM2: now uses Program Files(x86)/HoldemManager2

urbanmyth
01-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Ok, pat, so it looks like I'm back to where I started in that my upgrade of the VM did not require a start-over.

So, now I have HEM 1.0 v.?? that won't open and apparently is using Postgres SQL 9.1

I need to update the HEM 1.0 and also change its Postgres application. Could you help me sort this out?

thanks so much

Patvs
01-19-2012, 09:14 PM
What's your question exactly?
Is PostgreSQL 9.1 running?

On which site(s) did you play all of your hands?
Install PostgreSQL 8.4.x--> and reimport the original handhistories.

urbanmyth
01-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Not really sure what my question is.

I don't think 9.1 is running as I opened add/remove programs. Both 8.3 and 8.4 are there, though. Can they conflict?

Updated to latest version, it went through a very long updating database process then stopped due to error. Tried to continue, but got Fatal: 3D00 database "holdemmanager" ***DEFAULT DATABASE*** does not exist.

netsrak
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Use the "create database" button to create a new database.

urbanmyth
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Ok. I want to make a database folder that makes sense with the schematic. Which folder was this before? Can I combine the databases or can I just name it the same with a "2" on the end so I have an idea of what's going on?

thanks

Patvs
01-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Run pgadminIII. Check if 8.3 and 8.4 are both installed to the same port.
Check Windows--> Services via control panel > administrative tools > services. To check if they're both running

Reinstall 9.1 (to a different port) and check in services if it's running.

Fatal: 3D00 database "holdemmanager" ***DEFAULT DATABASE*** error: run dbcontrolpanel.exe (from the HoldemManager folder) =Database Management--> Connect--> Select Your Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

(if you get the same error, create a new database)

--

Old database folder is a C:Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.x/data folder
(you need to install the same version of SQL (8.3.x, 8.4.x, or 9.1) the database was using to access the folder.

You can't combine databases. You can rename them (adding "2") in pgadminIII.