PDA

View Full Version : Tried 1.07 ... now looking at 1.09 but expired trial

Tilty
09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi,

Tried the software about a year ago - before tournament support (if memory serves it was pre tournament support).

Been using PT3 since then but want to look at the new version since it seems to have pretty much everything I want and I did prefer the older version - it only lacked functionality last time I evaluated it.

However, the new version tells me I have 0 of 15 days left.

Have I lost my chance to evaluate newer versions? Is it possible that every major upgrade (1.07 -> 1.08 -> 1.09) gives users that chose competing software a chance to re-evaluate?

I completely understand that you don't want people installing every 15 days, but after a year? Really?

Besides - I uninstalled it - you shouldn't be leaving stuff on my drive or in my registry. Though I know that makes preventing reinstallation difficult, I asked your software to remove itself. It should do that and leave *no trace* behind. Give out temp keys that are used with an online server or something.

Rant over - what do I need to do to re-evaluate HM?

Tilty

Friendly
09-18-2009, 04:14 AM
It looks like there is nothing you can do if you have tried it once and didn't like it.

From searching the forums I get : http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7248&highlight=trial+expired

Where Roy says "What we have been doing for people who's trials have expired is offering 7 day refunds on purchase so that should give you enough time to try out the new functionality and make a decision."

I notice however that the company line appears to be as Al1 states : "Im very sorry but we cannot extend the trial as the software used is controlled by a 3rd party." or as Morny states elsewhere "Sorry the software we use dosent allow us to extend the trial".

This is not what Xheo, the people who make your 3rd part licensing software say :

Thanks for taking a look at DeployLX. The trial extension that you've described is fully supported in our tools. Here's how to do it:

1. In DeployLX Select New License | Easy License Editor.
2. Switch to the Trial/Evaluation Tab
3. Select Allow trial to be extended

Generating codes is as easy as selecting Generate Code | Generate Extension Code

Perhaps you should contact them about how people like Tilty and others could re-evaluate HM? Bring them over from the darkside that is PT3 :p

netsrak
09-18-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks, i'll forward it to Roy...

Rvg72
09-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi, unfortunately the license file that we have generated does not support extension of trial periods. I will see if we can make this possible in an update without forcing everyone to re-initialize their serial number which is often the case when you make changes like this.

We do offer a full refund option for those that want to try it out again

Thanks,
Roy