PDA

View Full Version : Hard disk getting full-suspect old notes not deleted

hundenapf@gmail.com
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
It looks like this re-creation of 7mil notes takes up a lot of space on my database drive. Is it possible, that the old notes have not been deleted? Or the newly created notes do not overwrite the database space of the earlier notes? I am not even halfway through with the re-creation of notes and already 8GB more space are taken up on my SSD database drive and it will probably run out very soon if this strange process continues. What can I do about that? Can I delete the old notes somehow that seem to take up dead space now on the DB drive?

smoothjazz
01-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Using pgadmin to vacuum the database to release the dead space occupied.

nilaynilay
01-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Hi Hunden,

Please let me know if vacuum was able to resolve the issue for you and to what extent.

ThePudel
01-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Its probably the wrong forum im not sure but Im using HEM2 right now so I decided to open the Thread here. Heres the issue:

I have a SSD build into my laptop where I have all the programms running. Now its a 125gb drive and my programs folder is 48.4gb and sql folder is 45.8gb...
Now I would like to handle this in a way without buying a new(bigger) SSD drive. I mean would it be possible to delete half of the mined hands fro 2011? If yes how? BTW: Im not sure if I deleted my old HEM1 database which has to be kinda big too... can you tell me how to figure this out?

Hope you can help me here as I would prefer to delete some stuff and not buy a bigger drive.

thx

EDIT: I had around 10gb space last night but I installed notecaddy and it started to create notes and it did 3mil out of ~8mil notes which took like 6 hours... so I probably need even more space if I want to use notecaddy. This means that buying a bigger drive is the only option? Please say no :(

nilaynilay
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Its probably the wrong forum im not sure but Im using HEM2 right now so I decided to open the Thread here. Heres the issue:

I have a SSD build into my laptop where I have all the programms running. Now its a 125gb drive and my programs folder is 48.4gb and sql folder is 45.8gb...
Now I would like to handle this in a way without buying a new(bigger) SSD drive. I mean would it be possible to delete half of the mined hands fro 2011? If yes how? BTW: Im not sure if I deleted my old HEM1 database which has to be kinda big too... can you tell me how to figure this out?

Hope you can help me here as I would prefer to delete some stuff and not buy a bigger drive.

thx

EDIT: I had around 10gb space last night but I installed notecaddy and it started to create notes and it did 3mil out of ~8mil notes which took like 6 hours... so I probably need even more space if I want to use notecaddy. This means that buying a bigger drive is the only option? Please say no :(

You can delete hands by using the purge feature. you can set a date range and also say dont delete any hands played by hero
You can find it under the database manager

Additionally you can also try vacuuming your database to reclaim lost space.

uajka
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Can i move notes, and database to second partition of my disc?

nilaynilay
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
As far as i know the only way to move your database would be to re install postgres on the second partition then import everything again. or you could backup your database and restore from there(much faster)

I am not sure if NC notes are included in the backup. I know they are not in the sync feature

Its not a simple copy pasting a folder. there is a detailed guide for it on the hm2 forums. it is a bit technical but you should be fine.
i will see if i can dig it up for you if needed

nilaynilay
01-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Please read this
How to Disable Postgres logs - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-Disable-Postgres-logs.ashx)