PDA

View Full Version : HM1 6max hud positioning error on one seat

boy_with_kk
01-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello guys!

I have the following, quite annoying problem: i use multiple panenls hud, and i use preferred seat, and one of the seats on every 6max table my hud's smaller panels are not ordered properly, as on the others, but they are somehow badly placed, sheltering a bit another stats. I made a screenshot of it, which im linking now. The error occures on the seats marked with red. It never occured on a 9max table, but it occures not just at pokerstars, but in other rooms too when playing 6max.

So the screenshot :

boy_with_kk
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM
How can i eliminate this problem? Ty

Patvs
01-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatib ility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates./

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

---

Move the HUD panels to the right positions (right-click drag/move them)--> then click File--> Save Positions in TABLEMANAGER

boy_with_kk
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I use winxp32 pro, and avast free antivirus version6 both on my computer. On the weaker i dont use firewall, on the main one i use Comodo firewall.

This problem is a permanent one, i experience it from the first day i started my 6max career 3/4years ago on both machine, i made a complete reinstall on the weaker one some months ago but this problem stayed. I think my windows auto update works correctly, it updates quite often.

Ofc i update the HM also as a new one comes out, it has to be done frequently on Stars.

This problem solving is not so urgent, so i ll try to update my drivers, and try the firewall advices i read here, and i ll response a bit later.

I dont know, my hud layout never was locked, beceuse my hud is a bit big and the table is overcrowded because of it, so i like to move it a bit sometimes it i dont see the button, etc. If i change the small panels position on the seat where they are badly disordered, the positions ll go wrong on the other 5 seats so maybe i should move them correctly only on that seat, but im not sure its an option. As i remember there is something like this in the program, but maybe its only allows to move the hud on single tables without affecting positions on ther tables.

I ll try ur advises and if they wont work i ll response here some days later, because i dont have too much time now.

Thank you, and see u later:)

boy_with_kk
01-18-2012, 08:16 AM
So in my older system i use a Geforxe5500fx, with a p4 proc. , in my newer i use a Gf220GTOC from Gigabyte with an i3 processor. The older card requires a mediocre-old driver as its not compatible with the newest ones. So i dont really think its a video driver specific problem.

Now i tried some things with the hud setup, and before i downloaded win auto updates, maybe later i ll try to download more manually.

If if helps :

if i turned on the Table manager >> Table >> Toggle test mode (which seems to be equal with the Tables prefs. >> Card edit/alignment mode or somwwhat) : All of the seats marked with a rectangle whichs top line and left side line is red, and the bottom and the right is gray, it surronds tha hud's main panel basically. But on the seat1, where the errors are occuring the whole rechtangle is sourrounded by grey lines. If there is not a player seated its thes same, instead of the hud its displayed : seat1, seat2 etc, with the same colouring.

I tried to turn off WYSiWGG, because it was the only option seemed to solve the problem that i can drag the badly placed hud pieces to their playe without affecting the other seats. Halfway it helped, but after some seconds it started to behave very strangely, it made random effects even on other seats at the table, so it took at about 5minutes to arange them while 1 tabling, and it was only a close to nearly acceptabble result, because not every of them stayed at its place but they disappeared and appeared at other place. I use a large overhang, so many times some of them appeared a half screen distance off the table after some secs i ordered all of them. So for the eye of someone who does not know ur code and the language u made this software in this errors behave must seem non deterministic, i cant explain what i have seen today.

I dont know what d be the option to drag the pieces to theirs place unless turning off wysiwyg, but turning it off was close to a catastrophy to me, i still not rearranged my hud after that:) Not just other seats affected by it, but they are affected randomly a bit as it seems.

I tried to allow HM.exe, and hmhud.exe in my firewall before any other thing, but it also not solved.

Bye bye.

Patvs
01-18-2012, 11:54 PM
1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files (pospref2txt and pospref4.txt), so HM will rebuild them to default:
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref2txt and pospref4.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

boy_with_kk
03-07-2012, 05:47 PM
yes, now after reinstalling i did it. i never knew about this ctrl + drag feature for seat by seat. its a great feature, and now i have a great hud :P ty, gn