PDA

View Full Version : errors in several of the hud stats

ole_lukoe
09-16-2009, 08:46 PM
it appears that all of the stats called "bet vs missed ..." are defined incorrectly, at least the ones "in position".

even if i have tens of thousands of hands on a player the sample size for these stats is typically less than 20. that's been the case for the previous version of hem, i was surprised that the 1.09 version still doesn't have these important stats fixed.

also, it would be really great to have stats "turn CB in position" and "turn CB out of position". right now these are lumped together into one "turn CB" stat, but, just like the "fold to CB" stats, it's important to separate them by position.

fozzy71
09-17-2009, 03:52 AM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Mike chops
09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
That is pretty strange. I would expect a bigger sample size.

Do you play HU? Are all the hands recently imported or have you been building the database over a while?

ole_lukoe
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM
That is pretty strange. I would expect a bigger sample size.

Do you play HU? Are all the hands recently imported or have you been building the database over a while?

yes, i play hu almost exclusively. and yes, the sample size should be much bigger, since every time the player 3bets preflop, bets the flop, gets called and then checks the turn the sample size should increase.

do the stats work fine for 6max?

Mike chops
09-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes. It works for 6-max. I'll check with Roy.

ole_lukoe
09-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Yes. It works for 6-max. I'll check with Roy.

any updates?

ole_lukoe
10-17-2009, 11:27 PM
any updates?

i'm sorry to keep bringing this up, but are there any updates on this issue? if you've been working on other, more important bugs, and you don't anticipate you'll be able to fix this one soon, i would appreciate if you posted the code for that specific stat and i can take a look at it myself and see if i can spot the error (though i'm by no means an expert on SQL, there's still a chance that i may be able to figure it out).

netsrak
10-18-2009, 06:23 AM
I'll forward it again.

Mike chops
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry I let this slip. It seems Ok for me. I suspect there was a bug when you first imported the hands. I'll ask Roy and if so you could probably fix it by reimporting all the hands in your database.

ole_lukoe
10-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Sorry I let this slip. It seems Ok for me. I suspect there was a bug when you first imported the hands. I'll ask Roy and if so you could probably fix it by reimporting all the hands in your database.

thanks. are you sure the stat works fine specifically for HUHU, i.e. where the order of oop/ip is reversed? is it possible that you only checked it for 6max or for bvb situations?

i'm asking because i doubt the problem can be explained by a bug during the original import - because since i last updated to the current beta version i've played at least 10k hands, all of which were obviously imported after the original import. yet my total sample size for "bet vs missed turn Cbet in position" is only 22, which is way too low. in HUHU it's quite common for my opponent to 3bet me, bet the flop and check the turn - after 10k hands this should happen hundreds of times.

so could you please double-check that the stat works specifically for true HUHU (limit, if that makes any difference)?

Rvg72
10-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi, would you be able to go to Options - DB Management, create a new DB and reimport a batch of hands with 1.09 beta 40 and see if the results are any more accurate.

Roy

ole_lukoe
11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi, would you be able to go to Options - DB Management, create a new DB and reimport a batch of hands with 1.09 beta 40 and see if the results are any more accurate.

Roy

i did that for a particular player, who has 600 hands: got the result: BvMCBIP_T:-, meaning sample=0

double-checked by using filters for: number of players=2, position=SB, filter by actions: preflop: raise/call, flop: call, turn: check OR bet

got 7 hands

please fix it - it's almost certain that the error is in the text of the query, maybe it's written so that it works for 6max but fails when the roles of SB and BB are reversed, as they are for HUHU. it's an important stat.

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

ole_lukoe
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
it is quite frustrating to see that a new official release of the program has been issued while a clear and easily fixable error in an SQL code that has been there for a very long time has not been fixed.

Mike chops
11-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry this seems to have fallen off the radar. The last I heard from Roy was that hands that are 3-bet pre-flop were excluded from bet vs missed-cb stats. That makes some sense for ring games because the ranges are different. However for HU you only get to bet vs a missed cb ip, is if you call a 3-bet - unless you limp. I'll ask again if we can change it for HU games.

Rvg72
11-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi, this is changed in 1.10

ole_lukoe
11-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Hi, this is changed in 1.10

i see. do you know when a beta version of 1.10 will be available, as i'm eager to make use of this correction.

on a side note, it would be a big step forward if we can see any of our custom stats in a hud. i'm sure this has been brought up many times before. just a few thoughts:

- this would eliminate the need to ask developers to make new stats or fix existing ones (like the one i was talking about), as users will be able to do that themselves or simply post it on a forum so that other users can help them.
- it looks like it's pretty easy to implement, since you already have the ability to create custom stats and show them in reports.
- it would be a big selling point for savvy users choosing between hem and poker tracker. on the other hand, if pt first implements it, hem's popularity will suffer.

Rvg72
11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi, the 1.10 beta will be within 2 weeks

Custom Stats is something we will be doing likely in 1.11 or 1.12

Roy

wrap_it
02-13-2010, 07:54 AM
hi,

I have to bring this up again. Yesterday I recognized that at least all of my bet vs missed cbet IP stats are wrong. I checked this for HU and for 6max. This stat also includes limped pots (i.e. the SB openlimps in HU, I check pre and on the flop) and pots where I called a PFR (BTN raises, I call from the SB and check to him on the flop. When he now cbets it is counted as a bet vs missed cbet)

I also made a new DB and reimported some hands. I'm on 1.10 beta 8b

I'll check some other missed vs stats soon.

netsrak
02-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Please use 1.10.02 for your tests: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

wrap_it
02-16-2010, 06:51 AM
ok so I switched to 1.10.02. All of the other bet vs missed cbet stats seem to be correct but bet vs missed cbet IP on flop is definitely wrong since it counts instances where it's a limped pot and I check or instances where another player raised and I checked the flop to him.

netsrak
02-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Can you please document the errors and zip and mail it together with the hands and a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net so we can reproduce it.