PDA

View Full Version : Failed to set permissions during postgreSQL install

trb514
09-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Hello,

I have been using HEM for a few months, and I have had rare issues with the PostgresSQL db but restarting the service always seemed to fix it.

Yesterday, I could not connect to the DB and I tried restarting the service to no avail.

I then went through the Sticky thread about postgreSQL (uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstall again, reinstall again) and it's taken up enough of my time that I just cannot continue. I never got it to work properly.

Now the error I am getting is during the install of postgresSQL itself. Towards the end of the installation process I am getting "Error failed to set permissions for installed....".

Can anyone give me some advice?

Keep in mind I have been through the sticky once to no avail, and THEN tried to go through it AGAIN and got the error during installation.

I am completely lost now :mad:

netsrak
09-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Uninstall and delete the complete Postgresql installation folder (you will loose all your data if you have no backup) and try to install again.

trb514
09-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Uninstall and delete the complete Postgresql installation folder (you will loose all your data if you have no backup) and try to install again.

So I should remove my "data" folder first? Is that what you mean by back up?

netsrak
09-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Yep, but thats not a backup. I think you need to delete the data folder and because of this you will loose all your data if you don't have a backup of your database (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12) or the archived handhistories