PDA

View Full Version : New definitions import problems

Sam
01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I found 13 new useful definitions and thought I can import/create those in the same time. Problem is that I have quite large database, 13M hands. I use max threds (4) and "handgrabber" is on but it still too slow and takes couple of days to create those definitions.:( I left my computer to do it over night but it wasn´t doing it anymore on the morning. Maybe because of win update or HM2 crash or something. Anyways when I open HM2 again and start pending tasks it starts over from beginning! I think it is faster creating definitions to that point where it stoppped previously. Other problem is that HM2 uses all the memory and jams my computer when creating definitions. Not right away but after some time.

Is there some way to skip the hands/definitions that I have already created?
Is it faster to create/import new definitions one by one or all at the same time? I think it's not possible for me to keep my computer running 48 hours without jamming the computer. Hopefully you can help me out!

sreticentv
01-17-2012, 06:39 PM
How much memory do you have? If it's less than 8 gb (maybe even 16) you should strongly consider upgrading if you're trying to have such a huge database. I would say process all 13 new definitions at the same time rather than one by one typically as it should be way faster. Also turning off turbo hand grabber via file->settings->database settings will slow it down but will also use way less of your system resources

Sam
01-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for your reply. I have only 4 gb memory. Maybe I should forget to import old hands. Does The Notecaddy create those new 13 definitions anyway from new hands I play?

nilaynilay
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
You can use filters to specify a date range and thus you can reduce the workload a lot. File-Filters

New hands would be auto processed but only after notecaddy has completed running though you database once.

johncc
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
can i ask where you found these 13?