PDA

View Full Version : How does the EV and All-in EV work?

Sabo
09-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I just played a session of 700 hands. I got all in five times, yet the All-in EV graph in the Graph tab is very sketchy. If it only did count the all-in EV it should be very square, no?

runhot
09-16-2009, 06:48 PM
i think it doesnt really mean JUST all in EV.

i think it means showdown pots, so it calculates sklansky bucks for whenever there was a showdown..

although i could be totally wrong.

Sabo
09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
That would explain the irrational movement in the graph, but is not the wording bad then?

So if it does calculate sklansky bucks, I assume it adds up street by street? As in, I raise preflop with 70 % equity (10 EV)
I bet the flop with 80 % equity (15 EV)
I bet the turn with 90 % equity (40 EV)
I bet and get pwned on the river with 0 % equity (-67 EV)

So the total EV would be 10 + 15 + 40 - 67 = -2?

Is this graph useful in any way? Seems to be as though it depends heavily on the players style, where some players build pots a certain way, milking etc, others does not CB the flop as more often and so on? Somehow it feels as though this line always should be above zero (long run), yet it also feels as this line works together with all other lines (and possible more), and that we cannot look at it in isolation?

runhot
09-16-2009, 10:17 PM
sounds like u got the idea w/ the Sbux.

not sure if i'm right about that tho. i'd like someone who knows for sure to chime in.

as to whether or not its useful, i have no idea. but when i run below ev, i get pissed and when i run better, im happy.

i wish i didnt have access to the information tbh.