PDA

View Full Version : Import Hands into Leak Buster filtered by Date?

logisti
09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
It appears to me that it is not currently possible to import hands into Leak Buster by date? I will be very pleased if I am incorrect, but if not then I think this is a must-have feature.

Currently it seems the only way you can monitor your progress is by a running average: How did I play from [origin] to Sep 1. How did I play from [origin] to Oct. 1 and then I'll be able to see how I played from [origin] to Nov. 1. What I would *really* like to be able to do is to go over my game from Sept 1 to Oct 1 and from Oct 1 to Nov 1.

Let's say I played 50k hands and my VPIP is 28 with PFR of 14 -- if I played 50k hands exactly within the ranges suggested by Leak Buster and then ran Leak Buster again it would tell me I was still not playing correctly. Essentially what I think is needed is a way to exclude older hands when you *know* your play was full of leaks and only analyze hands from date A to date B.

That way within a few thousand hands you can get an excellent idea if your play is generating stats in the correct ranges or if you are still playing too many hands, not raising enough, etc -- or worse: if you've overdone the Leak Buster recommendations and gone too far in the other direction, where Leak Buster might average 50k hands played too TAG with 50k hands played too loose and tell me I was actually playing fine when I was actually just leaking in the other direction.

My apologies if there is already a way to deal with this in the software, but if not then I'd love to see it real soon so I can evaluate the new period where I've changed my play style separately from the original period of leaky play.

Leak Buster Support
09-16-2009, 03:43 PM
go to import ---> click on all hands

You can then filter by date.

logisti
09-16-2009, 06:31 PM
OMG I'm a moron. Thx.

Leak Buster Support
09-16-2009, 06:37 PM
OMG I'm a moron. Thx.

:)... no, but there is a manual too if you get stuck again. We actually need to update it again since some of the new features.