PDA

View Full Version : ? on Hand Range Tool

StormRaven
09-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm very new to HEM, please forgive my very noob question.
I have a ? on the Hand Range Tool. I understand that you can manually make adjustments. What I am wonder is if there are particular stats recommended to place in the fields next to the slider bars. I looked at this: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=179

The only thing I saw in the article to answer my question is this:

You can also manually select the hands, by clicking on them. If you enter a % in the % of pre-flop and EV vs. top pair fields respectively, it will go to that position.

I'm assuming the % of pre-flop is the villains vpip %? I do not understand what EV vs. top pair means. I do not see a stat when I click on the villains overall stats that show something like this.

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding something here, would appreciate some advice on what the above means and what stats percentages are recommended to put into the % area to the right of the slider bars, both top and bottom.

Thank You!

Mike chops
09-16-2009, 01:21 PM
It is up to your skill and judgement what numbers you enter in the slider boxes. Going off VPIP for pre-flop ranges is a bit crude - you'd almost certainly want to adjust for position.

EV vs top pair, refers to the EV the draw hand you sleected has against top piar. E.g if you had a flush draw it would be around 32%, if you had a straight and flush draw it would be above 50%.