PDA

View Full Version : Leak Buster Videos Don't Work?

logisti
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Obviously this problem must not be widespread because I don't see anyone talking about it, but when I click on the Leak Buster tab where it says there is supposed to be an intro video there is just a red X like in Internet Explorer when an image file is missing/broken. This is also true on all other tabs where the text says there is a video.

I am running Windows XP Home and just upgraded to HM 1.09 beta 32 because of a Table Managerr/Full Tilt problem (which does seem to be resolved) so I don't know if this is due to the beta version I am using or what. Any idea?

Thanks!

- Mike

Leak Buster Support
09-15-2009, 03:32 PM
The videos use flash to play/stream. You need to make sure that you have flash installed (it should come up with a message for you if you don't), and that you have activex enabled on your browser in order to see the videos.

logisti
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM
hah! Thanks so much, what a silly problem but thankfully you diagnosed me correctly: I use FireFox and I'd never even OPENED Internet Explorer on this machine. Seems to work perfectly now that I loaded the Flash ActiveX control in IE and closed/re-opened HM.

Leak Buster Support
09-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I use Firefox as well. It's strange that it didn't inform you that you didn't have flash on there though, as it should have. Glad you got it worked out though.

logisti
09-16-2009, 11:25 AM
No, it never did give me an error msg but IIRC the first time I saw Leak Buster and clicked the tab it actually gave me a video window and a rotating swirly icon similar to what you get on youtube if a video is buffering, but the video never started playing. After that I think I reinstalled the latest beta and I'm honestly not sure what else I did but the next time I opened Leak Finder I got the red X's. It might be that the software detected that Flash *was* installed (for FireFox) so maybe no error msg for that reason, but the lack of the ActiveX control prevented it from playing. In any case, installing Flash via IE was an instant fix.