PDA

View Full Version : DB no longer importing new hands

abstractls
09-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Something is up, it acted weird too. First it ran just fine, I was playing and i could monitor the amount i was up at the tables, so i checked HEM and it showed 0 hands for the day (even though at the tables it said my winnings were correct), though I could still see all hands from beginning of month. So I rebooted, and now HEM wont connect to Postgres, i couldnt even connect inside PQAdmin. So reinstall postgres, and that was buggy too, but after rebooting several times I got it installed and my DB is back.

However same problem, I can see all old hands but it isnt importing any new hands, it says it does, i even reimported them and it says they are all duplicates. So for giggles I created a second DB and imported the hands, and they work just fine in that DB. This is a new one to me, I have never seen this problem.

fozzy71
09-15-2009, 03:01 AM
*Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.
*If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.
*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

If you were using an old version, to try and get the missed hands imported:

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

abstractls
09-15-2009, 03:24 AM
I understand the need to do the basic questions, but I checked everything,I am well versed enough that I help move my friends DBs to new drives all the time when they forgot to back it up or postgres is corrupted. It is a really odd thing i've never seen before. ONLY thing I did this week is I am moving to a MAC and running VMware to run Windows 7, so i had to copy my folders over to test if it worked, and it wouldnt let me copy certain files so I changed permissions so I could move all files in the Data folder.

1. Using the newest Beta
2. FT FR NL100 yes autoimport is on
3. NO settings have changed
4. It imports fine it even say they are duplicates when i try to reimport them, in fact no hands from any player is showing up today
5. As I said they import into mine but dont show up, however if I create a ne DB and import them I can see them
6. n/a
7. all good
8. UAC is off
9. attached

fozzy71
09-15-2009, 03:45 AM
I understand the need to do the basic questions, but I checked everything,I am well versed enough that I help move my friends DBs to new drives all the time when they forgot to back it up or postgres is corrupted. It is a really odd thing i've never seen before.

I have seen it multiple times. DBs can become corrupt for no apparent reason sometimes. i am not yet convinced you have a corrupt db.

1. Using the newest Beta

Beta 32 that just came out in the past few hours?

4. It imports fine it even say they are duplicates when i try to reimport them, in fact no hands from any player is showing up today
5. As I said they import into mine but dont show up,...

HM will assume them as duplicates if they have been auto imported (with errors) before. You have to trick HM into reimporting any missed hands.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

however if I create a ne DB and import them I can see them

Good, because if the suggestions above don't help, you will probably want to use the new DB.

You will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, and export/import the hands from the old DB, and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

abstractls
09-16-2009, 03:40 AM
I tried moving them to a different folder as you said and it still says all duplicates when it imports, am I screwed, time to reimport?

Not the worst thing, I am moving to a MAC and going to be running HEM on VMware so I need to reimport them anyway, I suppose I could reimport some of them into this new DB just so I can play with a months worth of stats untilI am up and running on the MAC.

fozzy71
09-16-2009, 09:23 AM
I would say your original DB is damaged. As long as you make sure you backup your \HMArchive folder occasionally, a new DB should really mostly be a inconvenience of time to reimport. I also suggest you export your entire DB to text files regularly and then backup your entire \holdem manager folder to get them as well as your settings/prefs.

abstractls
09-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah I always backup my Archive to an external as well.

It is a little bit of an inconvenience as it says 7 days left to import today ,when I started it last night. So far 4300 files out of 86000 are imported and 1.8 Million hands so far, guess I have alot lol. Oh well needed to import them all into the MAC anyway. For now I will reimport last 2 months on the PC until the MAC is done, should get me by for a week. By the way if anyone asks HEM runs just fine on VMware or Parallels on a MAC.

fozzy71
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
With that many hands you should manually organize them into smaller groups using some new folders. Then you can import smaller chunks of archives over night, and still have use of the PC the next day.