PDA

View Full Version : Consolidated NoteCaddy feature request thread

Pages : [1] 2

Stasek
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
I have few questions. All hands are HU PLO.

1. Is NC filtering caddystatter for HU?
That is, if player has some 6max and some HU hands, will scatter show only HU bet sizing when hand was HU?

Attached screenshot shows that player bet preflop.
What does it mean to bet preflop in HU. What is the difference between bet and raise PF?
I've noticed that sometimes scatter points show negative raise size (not on the SS attached).

2. How is hand strength defined for PLO?
For example AKQQ + NFD on QJ2ss (top set, nut gutshot, NFD) has strength of 91. Why? There is nothing stronger.

3. Column Chooser (right click on 'definition name' header) shows the column chooser popup, but when i click to select any column (cash,omaha etc) nothing happens.

4. 3rd screenshot - profit by percentage. What is going on on this SS?

sreticentv
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I have few questions. All hands are HU PLO.

1. Is NC filtering caddystatter for HU?
That is, if player has some 6max and some HU hands, will scatter show only HU bet sizing when hand was HU?

As of right now there is no partitioning so all bets from all games are represented in the scatter graph.

Attached screenshot shows that player bet preflop.
What does it mean to bet preflop in HU. What is the difference between bet and raise PF?

bet = 2 bet, raise = reraise. I added that now to the documentation for clarification

I've noticed that sometimes scatter points show negative raise size (not on the SS attached).

I will look into it

2. How is hand strength defined for PLO?
For example AKQQ + NFD on QJ2ss (top set, nut gutshot, NFD) has strength of 91. Why? There is nothing stronger.

100 would mean the hand can't get cracked by anything e.g. royal flush. It's nearly impossible for an omaha hand to be 100 on the flop

3. Column Chooser (right click on 'definition name' header) shows the column chooser popup, but when i click to select any column (cash,omaha etc) nothing happens.

Please watch the tutorial for the start screen NoteCaddy home screen (http://www.assaultware.com/videos/HomeScreen/Homescreen.html)
hint: it involves dragging, not clicking

4. 3rd screenshot - profit by percentage. What is going on on this SS?

I'm not sure what you mean by "what is going on". It is grouping winrates of players based on their success % for a definition. Since the minimum sample is 1, you won't get very accurate results though since it's probably 1 guy who did it 100% (1 out of 1 times) and won a big pot

Stasek
01-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the clarification.
Regarding omaha hand strength - what is the exact algorithm used to determine it?
Why would top set + NFD + NGD be "only 91", why 91 and not 99 for example?

As Qd Kh Kc on Ad Ah Ks has strength 97 - yes, there are backdor straight flush draws possible.
but As Ac 7h 9d (quads) on the same board has strength of 100, despite the possibility of backdoor SF.

If villain holds one he has rouhly 0.1% equity.
So 97 in this case seems to be too small.

I'm trying to understant how hand-strength mechanics works so I have better grasp on what '70' means in this context for example.

sreticentv
01-11-2012, 07:16 PM
The exact algorithm is that there 10k hands + all flops placed into a lookup table where each of the 10k hands goes against each other and a score is assigned.

I can respect and appreciate your desire for total accuracy but please understand that, especially for Omaha, for just a small increase in accuracy you're looking at either:
-a several hundred MB file for the lookup table (hem would bite my head off if I tried)
-an 80% reduction in processing speed

I hope this still does provide value despite it not being perfect but if you sincerely think it doesn't then I would look to enhance it down the line

vyvojer
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi,
You have some mistakes in your PLO evaluator.

1) AsKsQhQs on QsJs2d have 94.3% and AsKsQhQs on QsJs2d have 94.5% by a exhaustive method. Deviation for a Monte-Carlo method have not be more then 1% for 10K trials.
Definitely not a 2 percent!

2) Ac8s2s7c on 6s8c9cAhKc has 96 hand strength ( and I have been complaining about this from August) in 2.0.0.6088 !
It is impossible to explain by deviations.

Please, resolve this problem!

Stasek
01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
10k hands?
There are 16432 hand categories, so unless you simplify it further with regards to suits, by treating
(A2)(56) the same as (A5)(62) and (A6)(52) then I dont understand which 10k hands exactly
The (A2)(56) notation means double suited hand with A2 suited and 56 suited.

I'm not criticizing the method.
Lookup for every hand and every board would have probably hundreds of gigabytes (for rivers), but I need to know how hand strength as shown in your program relates to equity.

For example AKQQ+NFD on QJ2ss is the best possible hand, but also - random hand has 5.5% equity against it.
so the 90 strength as reported by NC would be somewhat close to 94.5% equity.

Please explain in bit more detail what how is the scoring determined.
From what you said there are 10k (why 10k not all 16432) and all flops in the lookup table
so presumably you calculated equity or some other statistic for each hand on each flop right?

And how is the process used for rivers? There are many more rivers than flops, so the lookup table would be way bigger.

You're doing good job with providing hand strength, but users (or at least me, because I care) should have better idea what strength=70% means
Does it have 70% equity vs random
or does it have higher equity than 70% of all hands?
This is very important to understand.

The exact algorithm is that there 10k hands + all flops placed into a lookup table where each of the 10k hands goes against each other and a score is assigned.

I can respect and appreciate your desire for total accuracy but please understand that, especially for Omaha, for just a small increase in accuracy you're looking at either:
-a several hundred MB file for the lookup table (hem would bite my head off if I tried)
-an 80% reduction in processing speed

I hope this still does provide value despite it not being perfect but if you sincerely think it doesn't then I would look to enhance it down the line

nilaynilay
01-12-2012, 01:39 PM
How about providing new variables which say bet size in bb?
So if villain bets 38bb into 40bb pot it would say "38/40" or something like that
This would indicate actual bet size and pot size too.

I will throw in my views in as well here. instead of 38/40 if a new output var is made it can simply report the exact fraction like * 0.5psb or .38psb which is much easier to interpet. no need for me to try and work out what % 40/95 would stand for when i am 6 tabling

Pretty sure adding such a variable would take a good amount of extra coding tho.

* where they stand for 50% pot sized bet and 38% pot sized bet. this leaves 0 room for any error and it will satisfy everyone.

Stasek
01-12-2012, 03:31 PM
It shouldnt take much time to implement, because the variable 'ratio' (mentioned in sreticentv post) already holds all useful info (for your proposal, for mine youd need to keep the river pot size as well).

As for percentage vs bet/pot display mode.
Both have different advantages.
For example in HU PLO, when villain 3bets, pot (in bb) goes like this: 3 raise -> 9 reraise -> call
pot = 18bb on the flop
typical bet = 11bb

11/18 = 61.1%
Id rather see 11/18 in this case than 61.1
In different situations seeing % is preferable (where pot size will vary more).
I think overall % is better, altough it would be nice to have both.

I will throw in my views in as well here. instead of 38/40 if a new output var is made it can simply report the exact fraction like * 0.5psb or .38psb which is much easier to interpet. no need for me to try and work out what % 40/95 would stand for when i am 6 tabling

Pretty sure adding such a variable would take a good amount of extra coding tho.

* where they stand for 50% pot sized bet and 38% pot sized bet. this leaves 0 room for any error and it will satisfy everyone.

Stasek
01-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Both could be combined in one line, saying "bets 61% psb (11/18)"

Olaf
01-13-2012, 07:37 AM
$Avgstrength - can we have this Variable?

Average strength on Showdown.

sreticentv
01-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi,
You have some mistakes in your PLO evaluator.

1) AsKsQhQs on QsJs2d have 94.3% and AsKsQhQs on QsJs2d have 94.5% by a exhaustive method. Deviation for a Monte-Carlo method have not be more then 1% for 10K trials.
Definitely not a 2 percent!

2) Ac8s2s7c on 6s8c9cAhKc has 96 hand strength ( and I have been complaining about this from August) in 2.0.0.6088 !
It is impossible to explain by deviations.

Please, resolve this problem!

I never said I used monte carlo. How long did it take for that calculation when you ran your own simulation? You want me to fix it like it's so simple but in my last post I explained clearly how it was a trade off. Everyone wants 200+ hands per second so this is what's possible in that time frame. Please tell me which of the tradeoffs you prefer:

-10 hands per second processing
-Extra 1 gb download every time there's a patch

10k hands?
There are 16432 hand categories, so unless you simplify it further with regards to suits, by treating
(A2)(56) the same as (A5)(62) and (A6)(52) then I dont understand which 10k hands exactly
The (A2)(56) notation means double suited hand with A2 suited and 56 suited.

The problem with using all 16k is that the way the progression to turn and river works would cause the lookup tables to take up tons of memory. I tried to reduce each to where the % stayed very close but by the time you get to the river sometimes you end up off by some %

I'm not criticizing the method.
Lookup for every hand and every board would have probably hundreds of gigabytes (for rivers), but I need to know how hand strength as shown in your program relates to equity.

For example AKQQ+NFD on QJ2ss is the best possible hand, but also - random hand has 5.5% equity against it.
so the 90 strength as reported by NC would be somewhat close to 94.5% equity.

Please explain in bit more detail what how is the scoring determined.
From what you said there are 10k (why 10k not all 16432) and all flops in the lookup table
so presumably you calculated equity or some other statistic for each hand on each flop right?

And how is the process used for rivers? There are many more rivers than flops, so the lookup table would be way bigger.

You're doing good job with providing hand strength, but users (or at least me, because I care) should have better idea what strength=70% means
Does it have 70% equity vs random
or does it have higher equity than 70% of all hands?
This is very important to understand.

Long story short it means that it will win 70% of the time against all other hand combinations. What I am sensing is that for Omaha, all hands tend to have strong scores that are close together which minimizes the effectiveness of this number. If that's the case I could revisit it in the future

vyvojer
01-13-2012, 08:54 AM
I never said I used monte carlo. How long did it take for that calculation when you ran your own simulation? You want me to fix it like it's so simple but in my last post I explained clearly how it was a trade off. Everyone wants 200+ hands per second so this is what's possible in that time frame. Please tell me which of the tradeoffs you prefer:

-10 hands per second processing
-Extra 1 gb download every time there's a patch

I prefer speed, not accuracy. And I fully understand, how long it takes enumerate all hands. My java simulation is much much slower.
The problem lies elsewhere. Why nuts has only 96 on the river? That means that 400 hands from 10K beat nuts. How it is possible?

Note that Ac7c on 6s8c9cAhKc has 100. But Ac7c8s2s has 96. And another a important note: Ac7c is "NutFlush", but Ac7c8s2s it's "NutFlush/8",like the river isn't last street .

nilaynilay
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
i will pencil it in

Stasek
01-13-2012, 02:18 PM
The problem with using all 16k is that the way the progression to turn and river works would cause the lookup tables to take up tons of memory. I tried to reduce each to where the % stayed very close but by the time you get to the river sometimes you end up off by some %

But which 10k hand? What was the selection process?
The only reasonable way I can see for reduction from 16432 is by ignoring suit strength difference, thus equating
(AK)(32) with (A3)(K2) and (A2)(K3) for double suited hands for example.

Long story short it means that it will win 70% of the time against all other hand combinations. What I am sensing is that for Omaha, all hands tend to have strong scores that are close together which minimizes the effectiveness of this number. If that's the case I could revisit it in the future

So basically strength means 'equity vs random'? Or close to?
Does strength equal equity vs random for holdem?

If you run vs each other of 10k hand combinations, this is weighted equity right?
for example AKQJ rainbow has 24 combos
and AKQJ single suited - 144.

So if you ran equity vs AKQJr and AKQJss then it sholuld be weighted (24*equity_vs(AKQJr) + 144*equity_vs(AKQJss))/(24+144).

So again: how is this implemented in holdem (ie: what does strength mean for holdem exactly) and was strengh for omaha supposed to be similar, but with certain time/space saving simplifications?

I've run several strength checks and equity sims vs random
Board: Ks Qh 7d 4c 2d (so: no straight or flush possible)

First number is strengh, second- equity vs random hand

AQ93: 43 (49)
AQ92: 63 (73)
AK92: 72 (84)
9822: 85 (92)

NC is consistently underestimating hand strength up to 11% and this is unfortunatelly unacceptable.
Where does this problem come from?
Here there is no flush possible, so suits don't matter.
Also small number of simulations doesn't explain strength being consistently lower.

BTW - what language is NC written in?

Stasek
01-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Example: cbet 60% (6/10) -15%
this is roughly how NC now shows data
and -15% means, that it happens 15% less than for avg population.
So to get population average id need to solve 60%/(100%-85%) = 70.6%

But I think (strongly convinced) that actual average frequency (70.6%) is more valuable than -15% relative difference.
So the request is to change that and display 70.6% population average rather than -15% (or display both).

nilaynilay
01-14-2012, 11:38 AM
yes i agree. i have a proposal to have $average as a variable. But i am thinking now what you are suggesting might be better. coz it might reduce the space we need

and the deviation could be made into a extra variable? (for those that need it)

I also find it difficult to convert the deviation into average even when 4 tabling.

Another imp use of this is when i dont have notes on a player but i know what the average is for a particular move. for ex CR dry flop against btn raise when btn is a tag. if i know the average is say 60% fold thats valuable intelligence(reasonable,le to assume he will be in that ballpark assuming no other data)

Let us wait for Sretis input here.

Stasek
01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Is it possible to create NC note that shows how often villain folds to our cbet (I know it already exists in the HM2 hud)?
The opportunity would be: raised PF + cbet flop
success: raised PF + cbet flop + opponent folded

On a similar note: how about won @ showdown when [took specific line]
opportunity = all lines matching the specific line
success - as above + won @ sd

Stasek
01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Currently double suited hands like T943ds are displayed as T943ss.
And with that, "ss" suffix should be changed to mean only single suited hands (including hands with same 3 or 4 suits, like AsKsQsJs)

Stasek
01-14-2012, 12:58 PM
actually, now hands without suffix seem to be single suited, "o" stands for rainbow, and "ss" for double suited?
Is that correct?

Stasek
01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
I have some suggestions that would improve board readability

1.Sort flop by rank (so if flop is 2K9 display it as K92)
2. Suitedness
suited flop: add single 's'
monotone: 'm' - rather than sss
rainbow - nothing or 'r'

if rainbow flop and turn brings FD, again 's' is better than 'ss'
if turn brings second FD - mark it as 'ds' - so on AsKs9h 5h, that would be: AK9s 5ds
Maybe add space before turn card? eg: AK9r 5s6s

Hands are already nicely sorted by rank and that improves readability a great deal.

sreticentv
01-14-2012, 02:46 PM
At this time it isn't possible but it has definitely been considered recently to do some big changes to definitions which would allow it.

nilaynilay
01-14-2012, 11:43 PM
how often villain folds to our cbet (I know it already exists in the HM2 hud)?

But here you can have it hero only and more imp specify board textures. ;)

success - as above + won @ sd

I think this is the part thats not possible as of now.

define opp by won hand/lost hand
and i think we can add define opp by villian folds preflop/flop/turn/river

sreticentv
01-15-2012, 09:29 AM
All feature requests will be merged into here for evaluation during new feature builds

Olaf
01-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Example: cbet 60% (6/10) -15%
this is roughly how NC now shows data
and -15% means, that it happens 15% less than for avg population.
So to get population average id need to solve 60%/(100%-85%) = 70.6%

But I think (strongly convinced) that actual average frequency (70.6%) is more valuable than -15% relative difference.
So the request is to change that and display 70.6% population average rather than -15% (or display both).

Guys, I frankly weak in math, but can you explain why NC uses a relative value in this case? I, as a poker player, is much easier to understand, that if a player CB = 60%, and it is 15% less, it means that the average CB = 75%. I understand how and why you recieve 70.6%, but why do players need relative values​​?

Maybe I am fundamentally in error, in terms of mathematical correctness, but ordinary players need this?
Explain in brief, if you have a minute of time.

nilaynilay
01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Here is a consolidated list of ideas i have been collecting since i started my support work

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/note...-settings.html
is it possible to change the default settings so that, for instance, just river bets are plotted on the scatter graph?

Then if we want to see other streets we can simply click on the PF/ F/ T tabs on the scatter graph.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would be cool to have a "had to not happen" box in the preflop action tab like we have one in the previous action tab of the preflop section.
http://assaultwareforums.com/showthr...lop-action-tab
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$betsizeversusaverage

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/note...usaverage.html

now it looks like this when you define by action: xxx (1/3) 33%
I would like to see the note like this: xxx 33% (1/3)

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/note...nt-popups.html

right click menu defintion add EXPORT option

Could you pls add a EXPORT option to the right click menu of def. when i make or edit a def and want to send it to someone i have to manually hunt for it in my folder

with over 100+notes it takes too much time even when arranged alphabetically.

$heroname $enemyplayername

i would like to have heroname and enemyname as variable

This is very useful for meta game session notes

For example a note would say

Hero 3bets nanonoko k9s,a5, (+6bb) (so this tells me i have 3 bet nano twice in this table/session)
hero was 3bet by nanonoko 3/6 (so it seems he is 3 betting us light)

IMO being able to keep track of such things is what makes gr8 players gr8. Now all our users can get the same power. notes like this will help us balance our aggresion and also make us aware of our table image and also how each villian views us for the table/session

grouping def for easy display

as of now i have 100+ custom defs

very shortly all our customers will typically have this

100+ custom defs they buy from me

50+ campa poker etc

50+ def from library

100+ crush the game

50+ sng/mtt/hu or other specialized game variations

Hence we need a effective way to switch on switch off (make active or inactive) based on user Tagging of def

I am proposing we add a small field in the in the Documentation section called TAGS

each definition can have a single or multiple tags or no tags. a tag is a word the user types in and tags will be separated by spaces

so a tag box would look like this cash,sng
another def might have cash,nilay
another one might have cash,ibrary

lastly the user should be able to load a entire group of def by specifying a tag from a drop down list.

when this happens all active def will automatically be deactivated and only the def with the tag specified becomes active

It will also be useful if the tags field can be added to the cols.

Stasek
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
In addition to (hopefully) changing $[street]betaspotfraction to $[street]betaspotpercentage,
please add $[street]raiseaspotpercentage
so basically if somebody repots then this would say 100%
Another example:
pot 120, cbet 90, raise to 292
PSR = 120+90*3 = 390
So 292 is about 3/4 = 75% raise.

Olaf
01-17-2012, 08:25 AM
It seems general strength is over riding whatever you specify in the range.

This is why hand 2 is success

Ty, nilaynilay for your work.

As i understand, you play poker? :o Now I came up with a small sample.

Let say my opponent is PR, OOP.

1) He had A9 on Desk A43Q. On Turn he have (TopPairMidkicker with General Strength 83)
2) He had QT on Desk A4TA. On Turn he have (BottomPair with General Strength 84)

In both these cases he CB Flop, Check/Call Turn.
In which case I will get much more River check / fold away?

What is more important to me (as his opponent) in this case that he has TPMiddleK, or that 83 < 84?

That is why, in my def, i want exclude Bottom Pair or Middle Pair from SUCCESS(strong hands), even if they have a decent General Strength.

I have an example when Player with Turn General Str. 85 (Draw + second Pair) will fold much often on river, then Player with Gen. Str. 81(Top Pair Ace), if you need.

This is a live poker, and we can not rely solely ONLY on the bare figures like Gen. Str.. I think it's worth discussing.

Olaf
01-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Replayer improvemevent.

I understand for what NC was done, so - nothing superfluous, just necessary.

1) Next Hand, Previous Hand - too many mouse movements in Full Screen of Big Monitors. + maybe we need some hotkeys for "Next", "Previous", etc.?

2) "Show hand from". When i analyze def and I'm interested in actions on the river, with each hand I'm doing too many unnecessary actions: Preflop > Click > Flop > Click > Turn > Click > River - Huuurrrraaaaa!
RadioButton can help us to much more faster analyze def. in which we are interested in the action taking place on the later streets (turn, river) The program should remember the value of the RadioButton during the session, without saving to the configuration file.

3) Display General Strength.

I see many benefits from this.

a) Directly fast analyzing hands, where success is determined by this value (Without Copy > Test > Paste > > >)
b) Replayer will unobtrusively help users of NC to establish a more correct ranges in their definitions in future.
c) The educational function for those who are poorly evaluate force of hand in general.

Maybe Settings > "Show General Strength in Replayer" - just in case someone does not like it.

Approximate form of the changes I've drawn in the attached file.

Ty, hope you understand my english :)

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Ok i will throw in my cents too :)

How about we always always use the hm2 replayer in NC. That would be totally kool as i love to see my actual hud when i replay

and all the fwd backward buttons and stuff is already there in hm2 replayer.

The NC replayer is from the standalone version and it was necessary back then. however since NC has seamless integration with hm2 now i think its better if we just switch to hm2 replayer.

Olaf
01-17-2012, 01:52 PM

How about we always always use the hm2 replayer in NC. That would be totally kool as i love to see my actual hud when i replay

The NC replayer is from the standalone version and it was necessary back then. however since NC has seamless integration with hm2 now i think its better if we just switch to hm2 replayer.

Lol, nilaynilay, i forgot about this. I have HM2, for a long time, but still use HM1 + Standalone NC. :)

So pity, because paragraphs 2 and 3 HM2 has not, unfortunately. Paragraph 3 is especcialy Useful while def testing.

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM
maybe Sreti can make a hybrid replayer using hm2 as a core and adding some bits and pieces which make it more complete with NC

Olaf
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
maybe Sreti can make a hybrid replayer using hm2 as a core and adding some bits and pieces which make it more complete with NC

it would be great if he could "tie" it.

sreticentv
01-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Indeed it is far more likely that NC uses hm2's replayer more than its own. There are other more pressing things though for now but I appreciate the well explained input

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Ref: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/168291-bigger-font-popups.html

Is it possible to manually increase the font-size of the text in the nc popup? so that when I open the nc popup i can see the notes more easily

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Ref:Range Weighting in note? (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?1130-Range-Weighting-in-note)

Hey NC guys,

First off great software, really appreciate all the effort that would have gone into a project like this!

I noticed with note definitions you can add a variable like $cardrange and it will output the hand range behind a note definition.

I was wondering if there was any way to apply weight recognition to this. Eg say you have a note for bb 3bet vs button open, output is range x, but you also know that 50% of the time villain is cold calling x% of his 3betting range from the bb vs button opens. Is there a way to explore this aspect of range recording??

The simplest way to implement it would just be to record in the note file how many times each of 169 combos of hands has been present in the said definition. Eg if total times the note was true for villain was 40 times and he had KQ 8 times then you can assume he has KQ 20% of the time (poor example but you get the idea)

This feature would be great to have, especially post flop. Eg flop comes JT8 and we get check-raised by villain. If KQ is in his calling range pre flop but only 50% of the time, then there's only 8 combos of the nut OESD that he could have rather than the usual 16. Just a small example but I guess it makes it clear how good this kind of thing can be for working out ur ev vs villain's range.

Thanks guys, keep up the great work!

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:04 PM
ref: 9+ colors for Pokerstars (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?1090-9-colors-for-Pokerstars)
Pokerstars software allows colorcoding more than 8 colors. Could you fix NC to colorcode 9+ colors?

Thank you.

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:05 PM
ref: export col data to excel (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?968-export-col-data-to-excel)

http://i54.tinypic.com/2laerg7.png

it will be really nice if i can export this to excel. I would take a print out and paste it on my desk.

This way if i dont have data on someone i can quickly check what is the default tendency for that situation in that stake.

also it would be fairly easy to export various stakes and see how games change across stakes.

this can be done even now but it has to be entered one note at a time manually which is quite tedious.

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Extend Pie charts to all sites not just pokerstars. Since with badges color coding now works on all sites in a way.

If we right click only SEEK at stars is possible, please change it to all sites.

we can add a warning:color coding only works at xx yy sites.

http://www.assaultware.com/img/NOTECADDY/screen2.png

Lets say i make 6 badges for 6 most common leaks. If i do a seek it can generate a pie chart which shows how the leaks are distributed across players. like say fold to 3bet too high is 25% players
Right now its only possible for stars but with what i propose it will be possible for all sites.

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:14 PM
ref:Add Top Flop card pairs turn (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?894-Add-Top-Flop-card-pairs-turn)
Add Top Flop card pairs turn

Pls add this as a condition in turn

top flop card pairs turn

lke A23A

top flop card pairs river
A23TA

overcard turn pairs river
59jAA

Usage:
(A23A) this is a good turn to dblbarell or even triple if draws miss as villians chances of having top pair go down a lot when the second A hit.

lot of villians give up easily here while some good players will reraise as they know hero chances of having a Ace also went down.

So NC can be really helpful here to show which kind of villian we are dealing with

as of now i cannot see any way of defining this condition

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:16 PM
ref:Big pot alert (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?796-Big-pot-alert)
Big pot alert(auto mark hands for review in hm2 based on definition)

i was playing with NC taking live notes today and i was amazed how many spots NC took notes on when the other guys stacked off with TPTK

Is it possible to have a feature where everytime there is a big pot and hand goes to showdown NC marks the hands in hem.

if NC could also alert via the traytip that a big hands was just played that would be good too. if i am not paying any other big hand then i can go thro that hand.

if i use hem filters then it only shows me hands i put money in. which isnt helpful to see big pots where I was not involved

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:21 PM
ref:export defintions (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?732-export-defintions)
export definitions(right click menu)

Please add export option to right click menu in def. right now i have to go into the folder and copy it. but with over 100+ it sometimes take me a very long time to find the one i need.

This is a common scenario when i am sharing my work with others

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
grouping defintions by adding tags for easy display

as of now i have 100+ custom defs

very shortly all our customers will typically have this

xx+ custom definitions make

50+ campa poker etc

50+ def from library

50+ sng/mtt/hu or other specialized game variations

Hence we need a effective way to switch on switch off (make active or inactive) based on user Tagging of defintion

I am proposing we add a small field in the in the Documentation section called TAGS

each definition can have a single or multiple tags or no tags. a tag is a word the user types in and tags will be separated by spaces

so a tag box would look like this cash,sng
another def might have cash,nilay
another one might have cash,library

lastly the user should be able to load a entire group of def by specifying a tag from a drop down list.

when this happens all active def will automatically be deactivated and only the def with the tag specified becomes active

It will also be useful if the tags field can be added to the cols.

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:35 PM
New additions to Define opportunities

Define opp by villian folds preflop/flop/turn/river (good for notes like cbet success against villian, open raise success etc)

Define opp by bb/hand. this is good if i want a note to be taken only if the villian is consistently losing money when taking that line.

Define opp by won hand/lost hand

nilaynilay
01-17-2012, 11:36 PM

Hero 3bets nanonoko k9s,a5, (+6bb) (so this tells me i have 3 bet nano twice in this table/session)

IMO being able to keep track of such things is what makes gr8 players gr8. Now all our users can get the same power. notes like this will help us balance our aggresion and also make us aware of our table image and also how each villian views us for the table/session

nilaynilay
01-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Multiple Range variables in single definition

About combining multiple $range variables.
Would it be possible to combine $cardrange $riverrange $riverboardrange in
such a way that it would group relevant hole cards, hand types and boards?
so if somebody had AA75 on AK982, then it would group it as {AA72, TOPSET,
AK982}
The way to do this currently is to have one such line per note (not using
ranges).

dream
01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
On Microgaming, NoteCaddy takes hundreds of worthless notes on anonymous players, who in the database have tens of thousands of hands.
These notes are worthless and unusable, it only takes up CPU. Please disable it.

Player names are "Player 1", "Player 2" etc

Stasek
01-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Some suggested improvements for PLO

High-cards - in PLO having even 4 overs is pretty much worthless.
So all non-pairs should be classified as 'nothing'
Maybe exception could be made for 4 overcards, but that isn't important.

Flushes
High Flush: nut or 2nd nut flush (A,K high)
Medium (Q/J/T) high
Low - anything lower

Why?
Q-flush has 53% equity against random flush on the river
so even though Q is third nut flush (which sounds good) it is barely ahead of average flush.
J-flush has 33% equity
T-flush has 20%

so T-flush could even be classified as low.

Add wraps to the list and call them:
13-wrap for 13 out wraps
17-wrap for 17 out wraps
inside wrap for 9 out wraps

yeah there are 16 outers and 12 outers, but they happen very rarely and are derived from relevant 13/17 outers, so no need to include them.

Full house - maybe it is worth looking into under/over boats.

nilaynilay
01-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Files-Filters- add them to black list

dream
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
well, i'd have to buy it to do that

nilaynilay
01-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I will pass on the suggestion

for now only thing possible is to completely disable NC by going to hud options and unticking the two NC check boxes at bottom right

WantAWatch
01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
nylan,
will you implement all things that you posted here? or shall we vote for the the different things?

sreticentv
01-21-2012, 10:10 AM
There are a number of factors taken into consideration for new features. Certainly not everything can be added but you can vote on things others have requested by quoting with a +1. There will be no formal voting process since some requests might get lots of votes but not actually be possible to implement :)

WantAWatch
01-21-2012, 08:20 PM

+1

Ref:Range Weighting in note? (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?1130-Range-Weighting-in-note)

Hey NC guys,

First off great software, really appreciate all the effort that would have gone into a project like this!

I noticed with note definitions you can add a variable like $cardrange and it will output the hand range behind a note definition.

I was wondering if there was any way to apply weight recognition to this. Eg say you have a note for bb 3bet vs button open, output is range x, but you also know that 50% of the time villain is cold calling x% of his 3betting range from the bb vs button opens. Is there a way to explore this aspect of range recording??

The simplest way to implement it would just be to record in the note file how many times each of 169 combos of hands has been present in the said definition. Eg if total times the note was true for villain was 40 times and he had KQ 8 times then you can assume he has KQ 20% of the time (poor example but you get the idea)

This feature would be great to have, especially post flop. Eg flop comes JT8 and we get check-raised by villain. If KQ is in his calling range pre flop but only 50% of the time, then there's only 8 combos of the nut OESD that he could have rather than the usual 16. Just a small example but I guess it makes it clear how good this kind of thing can be for working out ur ev vs villain's range.

Thanks guys, keep up the great work!

yea, right now if I have a note about his passive defend range and 1 note for 3betting it could be that JJ is in both notes, would be great if you guys could that integrate somehow how often he 3bets JJ vs a steal and how often he flats instead of 3betting

ref: 9+ colors for Pokerstars (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?1090-9-colors-for-Pokerstars)
Pokerstars software allows colorcoding more than 8 colors. Could you fix NC to colorcode 9+ colors?

Thank you.
Im not using that many colors for color coding yet but if people do and you guys could implement I'd give a +1 :)

re: export col data to excel (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?968-export-col-data-to-excel)
he could take a screenshot of the averages and then print out the screenshot no?

re: Big pot alert (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?796-Big-pot-alert)
+1 for '' Is it possible to have a feature where everytime there is a big pot and hand goes to showdown NC marks the hands in hem.

if NC could also alert via the traytip that a big hands was just played that would be good too. if i am not paying any other big hand then i can go thro that hand.''
the bolded part is probably more a request for the hm2 team than nc!? I'd support both though

''grouping defintions by adding tags for easy display''
do it :)

''New additions to Define opportunities''
Define opp by villian folds preflop/flop/turn/river (good for notes like cbet success against villian, open raise success etc)

If we say 'define by action' and I wanna know how often he folds his blinds vs (my) bu openraise, isnt that what you mean?

whats the difference to just doubleclick nanonoko's stat box to see his session stats and check the popups for 3betting. For example if you sit otb and he's in the bb, you doubleclick the hudbox you can see how often he has 3bet the bu (you) at that table no?

Lets make NC even more powerful :)

nilaynilay
01-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Is it possible to have a feature where every time there is a big pot and hand goes to showdown NC marks the hands in hem.
we can manually mark hands in caddy report for review. so it should be very easy to do this auto when certain conditions are met. In fact a more powerful way to do this would be using note caddy definitions which is much more open ended than just having a option to type in pot size.

So we can have a check box in the definitions. mark hand for review when this note is taken.
two instant note that popped into my mind
whenever anyones loses more than 50bb
there is a showdown and the pot is atleast 30bb.

the video pros are always saying we must dissect hands that went to showdown yet there isnt any simple way to mark all hands. mainly the hands where we open folded and also datamined hands

re: export col data to excel
he could take a screenshot of the averages and then print out the screenshot no?
if the data is on excel you can do a lot of stuff with it. like calculate min successes needed to be plus ev. There is really so much more i could do with excel but dont want to derail this. but i would surely post articles on them if this feature makes the cut.
and you could also send it to your students if you are doing a analysis of his database. Some very good coaches have expressed this desire(including me for personal development)

whats the difference to just doubleclick nanonoko's stat box to see his session stats and check the popups for 3betting. For example if you sit otb and he's in the bb, you doubleclick the hudbox you can see how often he has 3bet the bu (you) at that table no?
Thats not what i had in mind for this. what i want to know is how many moves I have made on nano in that session. i expect nano to form my image from my overall session not just that table. Session only notes will prolly be a long wait but once it gets there i can promise everyone it will be another quantum jump.

sreticentv
01-22-2012, 07:27 AM
The 9+ colors for pokerstars was implemented already in release 2.2

derders
01-23-2012, 06:41 AM
if I look at the sorting of the ranges I get confused
this are no real ranges more like listed unsorted hands

to read this takes to much time

par ex.

better(right)
green = AA-2, KK-2, QQ-4, JJ-3, TT-9, 99-3, AKs-2, AJs-3, ATs-3, KJs, AK-5

yellow = 22+, AQs, A9s-A8s, A6s, A4s-A3s, KTs,K8s,QJs,J9s,J5s,86s+,76s,65s, AQ-A4, K8, K6, QT+, Q8, T8, 87

red= KK-3 QQ-2, JJ, TT-4, 99, AKs-3, AQs, KJs, KTs, Qts, JTs-2, AK-6

have I set something wrong?

why is the range shorted for use in note caddy popups (under hm popup) ? can I change this?

improvement proposal:
I dont know much about programming so pls apologize if this is to free thought...

different sorting options:
as range
or frequency

if I increse maximum enumerated value to show in a note, a sorting for frequency would give a overview
about what villains openraise is more like

par ex.

as range = AA-20, KK-15, QQ-4, JJ-3, TT-9, 99-25, KQs-15, QJs-19
as frequency = 99-25, AA-20, QJs-19, KK-15, KQs-15, TT-9, QQ-4, JJ-3

if I have a good sample size of a player this would be a better way to read him

is there something that can be done?

and

is it possible to display cardranges in a format like equilab/pokerstove ?
33+; A2s+; K2s+; Q6s+; J7s+; T8s+; 98s+; 87s+; 76s+; A2o+; K7o+; Q9o+; J9o+"

if I untick in settings - note options - show $cardrange in short form I get no large form there is nothing listed

sreticentv
01-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I can't see your attachment so that makes the rest of your post more difficult to understand. The short form is supposed to be exactly the stove format/order.

The non short form is by best to worst e.g. AA-72o. As far as them not showing up please read this article Things that look like bugs but are not - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Things-that-look-like-bugs-but-are-not.ashx)

derders
01-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I have uploaded the attachement again

sreticentv
01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry but I'm still struggling to understand what you mean here

-You can use the spark graph to very quickly understand the range once you get used to it
-Selecting "show $cardrange results in short form" displays the range just like pokerstove. If you can give me an example where it doesn't, please do

as range = AA-20, KK-15, QQ-4, JJ-3, TT-9, 99-25, KQs-15, QJs-19

This is how it displays when you turn off "show $cardrange results in short form". You just need to read http://wiki.assaultware.com/Things-that-look-like-bugs-but-are-not.ashx to see why they are disappearing as this is intentional and can be configured

derders
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
-You can use the spark graph to very quickly understand the range once you get used to it

- a graph can never give you what a listed range can give you
it gives me a tendency for a quick view if there is something unusual but in that graph I cannot read what my opponent exactly open raises (my opinion)

pls have a look at attachment

NC displayes (yet in short form to show what I mean...if you look at the full displayed NC range it is unsorted)

AA-9, KK-6, QQ-4, AKs-3, JJ-10, AK-19, AQs-7, KQs-4, TT-13 ...

in the middle are 77, than 66 hidden between Q9s than A9s and and

right sorting for a good readable range:

AA-9, KK-6, QQ-4, JJ-10, TT-13,
AKs-3, AQs-7, KQs-4,
AK-19, ...

Pairs - Suited - Offsuited (from high to low)

in the full NC range I see that he opens also with 54s, 87s, J8s and and
thatīs the reason why I have bought NC - to have this adventage to see this
but please in a sorted range format

can you pls change this ?

-Selecting "show $cardrange results in short form" displays the range just like pokerstove. If you can give me an example where it doesn't, please do

as you can see in attached picture I have set it and its like it is displayed

a real stove range format is

66+,A7s+,A5s,K9s+,Q9s+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo

- in picture you see a HM2 popup and the NC quick popup (hover over note icon)
why is the range shorted for use in note caddy popups (under hm popup) ? can I change this?

- as you see the maximum enumuerated values to show in note is 5 (default) but displayed are 9, 10, 13
I have deleted the caddysettings.xml 3 times and it is still at a value that I have set before (25) (seem to)

hope that you understand what I mean with my post

zuko
01-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry but I'm still struggling to understand what you mean here

This is how it displays when you turn off "show $cardrange results in short form". You just need to read Things that look like bugs but are not - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Things-that-look-like-bugs-but-are-not.ashx) to see why they are disappearing as this is intentional and can be configured

mine still shows like that after i enabled "show$range..." -- what do the numbers mean after the hand -- ex. AA-20, KK-15 -- what does the 20after the AA mean?

derders
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
mine still shows like that after i enabled "show$range..." -- what do the numbers mean after the hand -- ex. AA-20, KK-15 -- what does the 20after the AA mean?

This means how often it happends

zuko
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
This means how often it happends

mine doesnt add up then -- do all of yours?

derders
01-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I think I must push this.. after a week ...

Olaf
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Thank you for your insights and feedback olaf. I will go over this thread thoroughly when building the next version. Many of the things you mentioned should already be fixed in 2.2.2.3 but please understand it is an ongoing process with software that is completely programmable ;)

I raise this topic again.

My post #32 - is there any progress in this direction?
Currently, NC> "Range" TAB inflexible because of this problem, IMO

On this moment Range and General Strength operate on the principle of logical "Or" instead of "&". Is there any chance to change it?

sreticentv
02-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I understand what you're saying but expecting such a major change in only 2 weeks is not necessarily reasonable. I will move this to the feature requests thread for consideration in the next feature release

fishyfishboy
02-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I would like to request a date variable for cyborg notes. This would allow me to know how old a particular note is without clicking the replayer.

If you add this variable please include various formats. I know some people may just want day/month, month/year, month/day/year. I personally would prefer the european format of day/month/year.

johncc
02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
+1

sreticentv
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
This is a reasonable request. I will add it to the consolidated thread

johncc
02-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Column chooser

Is it possible to add the chosen badge for a def for easy identification.

luckytoff
02-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Hand ranges seem to be displayed in an alphabetical order :
Cbet {Middle Pair, Nothing, Overpair}
Is there a way to display it in a "relative strength order", like :
Cbet {Nothing, Middle Pair, Overpair} ?
Thanks a lot

sreticentv
02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Currently this is not possible but I will merge this into the feature request thread

derders
02-12-2012, 10:06 AM
please add suits to holecards

for some definitions I need the suits of cards

holecards: As9h
board: Qh7h8h

if a player raise FLOP with single heart
like RaiseFlushFlop (strength/weak - more highcard than lowcard)

aenetomic
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd like to be able to modify inactive definitions. Looking at old definitions you aren't using is an easy reference point for making new ones.

jordifarre
02-16-2012, 10:09 PM
please is possible to add call range at caddyscatter

johncc
02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I'd like to be able to modify inactive definitions. Looking at old definitions you aren't using is an easy reference point for making new ones.

Just dbl click it and modify

krasko
02-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Heya,

Are there any plans (or is it already possible and I missed it) to export the NC notes in the PKR client note file?

Thank you!

sreticentv
02-19-2012, 10:55 AM
There are currently no plans for this because of the following reasons:

-it is a small site
-this is a feature only very few people use.

Nonetheless, I will move this to feature requests for future consideration.

Cain
02-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I have 750k hands in mtt/mttsng but the problem I find is that because play in mtts changes so much as stacks go from short to large each players sample has to be split up like maybe 0-15bb/15-26bb/26+. When creating stats like for eg btn rfi the sample sizes are small even for players with the most hands.

One possible solution would be to have notes be merged with hud stats. What I mean by this is if an opp have 3bai vs my open 2 out of 6 times the hud stat will say 33% but the notes will have logged him doing this with hands outside this range like 95s/Q7o so its likely his true 3bai stat will be above 33%, maybe 45%. Would work the other way so if he 3bai 3/5 so 60% but 2 hands shown were AA/QQ then likely hes much tighter than the hud stat suggests.

You may say that you can look at the notes generated or caddy scatter but with mttsngs/mtts there are endless decisions where you only have time to look at your hud. I play 16 tables (less than a lot of regs) and decisions like should I 3bai/can I raise call/raise fold/call his open shove etc are happening all the time. It would be impossible to check through notes or look at caddy scatter for all these decisions, you mostly only have time to glance at hud stats. So if the hud stats could become closer to how in reality the opp is playing this would be very useful.
People could have the choice of enabling it or not and also decide what affect the hands shown should have in deciding the true hud stat.

jordifarre
02-21-2012, 09:20 PM
sorry for put that other time ,but i think that call range in caddyscatter would are very useful
i know that fold cb and others look like stats can show the range of call,but if i can see the
ranges of call at determinated force i can look if a bluff is a good idea or i can extract more value to my range
,i would see people that never raise only call with nutted ranges,and other information that now need a lot of notes to see
please is difficult to add that .caddyscatter will are perfect with call range

AlwaysOnTop
02-22-2012, 08:43 PM
I would like to use HM2 stats for multi-badges. I would like to have multiple autorate Icons inside HM2 or able to use HM2 stats inside Notecaddy2 to create badges. I know how to create notecaddy definitions and make it as badges but it takes time to create all the custom notes. I hope NC2 can add all the HM2 stats in the color definitions "Standard Statistics".

would this be possible?

Thank you

sreticentv
02-23-2012, 07:10 AM
HM was saying they were going to make it easier for third parties to access stats so I was waiting for that. I will try to see when that's supposed to happen

AlwaysOnTop
02-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Can the font and color changed just on the variables?
ex. $cardrange, I just want to make the cardrange bigger and a difference color.

also, can I have the option to make Caddyspark bigger?
Thank you

derders
02-27-2012, 11:30 PM
improvement proposal

definition names color coding

if I have much notes in a popup the definition name in different colors makes it clearer to see a note
par ex. if notes have almost the same name

you see in attachment that the colored notes are eye-catching and the "normal" notes are approximately identically with name and note

derders
02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
can you add in column chooser priority - for better overview

derders
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
copied from Q&A thread:

Analysis

would be good if you can do some changes. In screenshot I cant read the net profit values.
To put every second value a line down would be better

how can I stop hand history loading ?
I dont know, at the moment I have 4GB and at 50% HM reached 3,6GB and I have to kill HM task
if I want to stay longer in Analysis I need to stop this :-)

AlwaysOnTop
03-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I would like to request a preflop action 3 Bet Shove.
I would like to create a note definition for 3 Bet Shove preflop.
It's important stats for Tournament player to have 3 Bet shove. EX. a Raise of 2.5x and a 3Bet shove of 20bb-25bb.
I know I can use the Manual Reraise but it's not that accurate.
I know NC has Open Shove.

Thanks

astroid0
03-03-2012, 01:38 AM
First of all I want to say how pleased I am with the program so far. This is a game changer for sure.

In the following thread I ran into a stat which would require using two definitions. For general notes taking two definitions would probably be a more refined solution, so I am definitely not complaining.

https://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/198381-help-needed-defining-late-position.html

However, for a HUD stat it would be nice to be able to combine the two. I don't claim to understand the complexities of ading features to a program, but I want to elaborate on what I specifically am looking for in this feature:

For example if I had StatA with 5/100 oppurtunities successful and StatB with with 10/100 opportunities successful it would be nice to have an ability to show a stat on the hud which just treats them the same. So it would be 15/200 opportunities.

In the mean time I'm glad to work within the confines of the program, but it is definitely something I could see making regular use of personally.

n00man
03-10-2012, 08:05 AM
it would be greate if there was command like $BBbet to show you what amount was performing in single action
ex. steal BTN $betsize(in term of big blind) $cardrange

MikeHunt
03-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I think the omaha hand filter is quite in sufficient as it is right now. So many hands that is not possible to model.

Hands like AKxx and Rundowns.

I think these simple additions would make a great improvement:

1. Contains X (X can be any card)

2. X-high

3. X-low

These very simple filters in conjuction with "no pair" will make it easy to model just about anything.

Also a "NOT" feature would be nice, like "does not contain", but that is not so important as the above 3.

Thank you in advance!
Great product.

Morten

AlwaysOnTop
03-20-2012, 12:25 AM
I have lots of notes definitions and would like to create folders to place the notes inside the folder.
Can I group the notes definitions and place it inside a folder?

sreticentv
03-20-2012, 06:51 AM
I have lots of notes definitions and would like to create folders to place the notes inside the folder.
Can I group the notes definitions and place it inside a folder?

Something like this is a possibility but not in the immediate future as it requires a lot of careful planning

melles
03-23-2012, 07:56 AM
If you define a range and want to use it in a popup.
You will will see 100% is there a way to only show a x or something that takes less space?

derders
03-23-2012, 08:57 AM
is there a way that you can program this?

would be good if we can set badges that will only be visible in set panel

badge 1234 panel1 5678 panel2

but badge 5678 can't move to panel1 if a badge in panel1 is not showing up

sreticentv
03-23-2012, 06:14 PM
From this description I am not entirely clear what you mean. Do you mean the last number at the end of the note? Did you note set an opportunity by? A screenshot would definitely help clear it up

melles
03-23-2012, 06:49 PM
I use some definitions for ranges like a set range of hands.
So its set for "Do not take notes for missed opportunities" all I want to know if they are capable of something so the definitions is almost like a boolean expression they either do it or dont.
Then I use them in my popups and of course they will show up as 100% or - .

sreticentv
03-23-2012, 07:11 PM
ok I understand now. I will move this to feature requests for consideration. The problem is that people won't understand this and I will get 359805784063476 bug reports/questions on it so I need to carefully consider the ramifications first

Hilips
04-03-2012, 12:27 PM
How NC deals with Anonymous tables/players at Microgaming?

- Can NC create session notes to this players? If yes, can this notes be reseted in a middle of a session like the stats can?

- Can i prevent NC to add notes to this players?

Already see that there is an option to block players, but i suspect that i can't use wildcards like "*" to apply to all "Player 1*", "Player 2*", etc.

With HM1 this was easy to do since there were only 6 of this players (Player 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6), i could just add this players to the block list and i'm done with it. Now with HM2 EVERY one of this players have a unique name "Player 1 x y" (where x is the number of the table and y the number of the min buy in) which without having the abilities to use wildcard it's a titanic work.

Olaf
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Sreti, i work with big amount of definition, and noticed that I spend a lot of time looking for reasons why def not work as needed. As a result, it takes a lot of time.
The cause of malfunction very often can be banal, but it still needs to find!
For example, I forgot to check Bluffs section in River range tab but I am in full confidence that River tab set as default, or forget to uncheck "Fold" on TURN>Actions. There are mass of similar examples.

I propose to establish a "signaling" that TAB has a value other than default.

Something similar to my picture, without arrows, of course.

Red dots in corner of Tab title (smaller than my) or something like that.

This will save a huge amount of time on distance, and saves you from many unnecessary Seek> Test > Seek > Test especially if you analize

1) def, for which you do not have the test hand
2) def, with whom you have worked a long time ago
3) new def, which you create via "modify"
4) def, created by someone else.

The exception is for General Tab for obvious reasons.

Ty.

sreticentv
04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
I'll merge this with feature requests. It isn't reasonable to have to exclude something like 64 players. Having them work like session notes would not be something that could be done immediately though

sreticentv
04-03-2012, 10:36 PM
I will move this to the feature request thread for future consideration

Olaf
04-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Certainly not everything can be added but you can vote on things others have requested by quoting with a +1

Maybe it makes sense to stick this thread?

derders
04-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Maybe it makes sense to stick this thread?

+1 and additional a call in topic to vote

HoldemMike
04-05-2012, 05:08 AM
+1

melles
04-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Add opportunities per 100 or 1000 hands in columns.

Hilips
04-07-2012, 05:54 AM
I would like to have an option to change the size of the popups. Specially because i can't see them very well on the laptop. On the desktop is fine, i have a much bigger screen, but on a 17" laptop with 1920*1080 resolution is not easy.

Probably if i change the dpi to 125% that would help. Have to try that, but usually HM, at least HM1, doesn't display very well with such dpi.

sreticentv
04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Popups are 100% under hm2's control. The font will be customizable starting in NC 2.3 though

Olaf
04-08-2012, 07:59 AM
1) Why priority sort descending?

Can you do it ascending, or give the option (ascending or descending) to not affect users who have already set up their own definitions in descending order??

The only way to properly sort definitions in def. Tab for me are, when i named them like that, and sort Ascending:

1_01_PR..
1_02_PR..
1_03_PR..

2_01_3B..
2_02_3B..
2_03_3B..

3_01_4B..
3_02_4B..
3_03_4B..

4_01_Vs_PR
4_02_Vs_PR

It is logically for me that i must set priority like that:

[PR] Group:
1_01_PR (priority 101)
----//----
1_08_PR (priority 108)
----//----
1_12_PR (priority 112)

[3B] Group:

2_01_3B (priority 201)
----//----
2_05_3B (priority 205)
2_11_3B (priority 211)

To maintain the correct order in descending order are extremely uncomfortable, especially if the user add a new definition.

2) Priority Sorting in Note Definition Tab absolutely necessary for those users who do not want to use this
"2_11_3B" in def. name.

AlwaysOnTop
04-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I know I can press "Ctrl+S" to save the active note definition.
I want a shortcut key to close the active note definition. ex "Ctrl+W"
Can you please add this simple feature. Thanks

Olaf
04-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I know I can press "Ctrl+S" to save the active note definition.
I want a shortcut key to close the active note definition. ex "Ctrl+W"
Can you please add this simple feature. Thanks

+1, i want to add:
Something like "Ctrl+N" for "Save New"
90% of my defs i create via Modify>Save New

derders
04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
That's to show the enumerations that got cut off (just added). A link break is probably a reasonable thing to put there though

superb! much better yet! thank you

wah... I donīt want to ask ask ask every time if you can make this and that ... you've too much to do as it is.
but one little change for this topic. the hover time could be doubled or tripled pls. 5 sec. is not enough time for longer enumerations .

yes that makes sense. I don't actually play poker anymore (USA - #1 in school shootings) so this type of feedback is appreciated.

I have copied this here ... perhapse you have lost it :-)

you can set the time to a very high value(no value)... if that popup needs to be closed a little move is sufficient

sreticentv
04-10-2012, 07:23 AM
It will be added but it's a change in hm2 so it's not as simple as you might imagine :(

AlwaysOnTop
04-11-2012, 05:12 PM
NC preflop Action has OPEN SHOVE option(check box).
Can you please add 3-bet SHOVE option(check box)?

Thanks

sreticentv
04-11-2012, 06:14 PM
nc preflop action has open shove option(check box).
Can you please add 3-bet shove option(check box)?

Thanks

nc3

Darigaaz
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
need variable "players left in hand" when a player is in turn to take action
or at least at the beggining of a street (there is "HeadsUp"\"Multiway" property on each street but i dont want to make tons of similar notes and i'd preffer number of players)

upd: "players seening flop\turn\river" it would be nice to see it as "filter" with number of players (i'd like to make note when someone is donking on flop and there are more\less\exactly X players seening flop\turn\river, and so on, i think you got the point).

Even more complex example.
I would like to NC make a note when someone bets flop then someone folds, someone calls and player raises but only if there are X players left\remain in the hand.
example:
player1 bets, player2 folds, player3 folds, player4 raises - make note only if 2 players left in hand when players4 raises, so if player3 calls note would fail

AlwaysOnTop
04-11-2012, 09:09 PM
nc3? NoteCaddy 3? when?

I do see a limp/raise option. can you add limp/SHOVE?

thank you

AlwaysOnTop
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I do a lots of duplicate notes and modify the new notes.
Can NC open the note defs right after I import note definitions?
I have a lots of notes so I don't have to go look for it after the import.

"ctrl+w" close active note?

Olaf
04-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Maybe in this graph there is a 9999x that is too far to the right

What max x is now? Something like 4x?

Now it's top 10% since top 33% can be some hands that aren't too strong so red= very strong

weak = 50%? Maybe this should specified in the Wikia?

2) Black doted line - can you make......
3)4 User checkboxes in Settings

Prompt for the future:

If you don't answer -

1) you do not like this proposal
2) you don't understand me
3) You submitted this to the ToDo list, but don't have time to answer
4) You already have this in ToDo list, but don't have time to answer
5) Your variant

:D

Olaf
04-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Always Check / uncheck different variants of the hands in Range Tabs quite a tedious task.

How about one click on predefined by the user buttons, or drop-down menu in currently empty left side of the Range Tab?

For example, i want predefs Range for Flop, Turn, Strong or Weak range

One click - and i get my desired range configuration!

Olaf
04-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Sreti, this is old theme.

General strength in combination with Hand Range is Great!

22 on 346 desk, or AA on KQT desk is absolutely different Pair/Inside Sraight Draw, and "Use General Strength" very useful here!

But give me the right to choose - consider, for example, Midle pair or TT-KK underpair as strong hand or no.

So, if this hand unchecked in Range tab, this must to be Opportunity, even with decent General Strength!

PLEASE, SRETI do it, it will increase significantly the number of correct decisions! (Some good bluffs especcialy) Definitely +EV!

sreticentv
04-17-2012, 05:38 PM
I have moved this to the feature request thread for future consideration!

Darigaaz
04-18-2012, 01:27 AM
typo: Turn - General - Player had to NOT act on the Turn
and btw it gives me hard time to find "Player had to showdown" in Preflop :confused: tab

derders
04-18-2012, 04:07 PM
automatically assign the popup to his stat

what I mean here is
if I choose a NC stat for a HUD I have to create for each stat a HM popup and assign the NC stat under NCPopups

a solution like the "Show in the notes popup" would save very much time/work
if ticked on(not as default) a process can add a blank popup with the NC Stat + Name to config folder

marcelor
04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Many times when I am playing and I look for one of the NC stats/definitions that I added to the botton of the HUD, I have to look two/three times for it, untill get convinced that the stat is not there, because the player just never did that play :p. It would be much easier if I had ALL the stats/definitions always shown in the HUD. If the player never qualified for one of them, just show it written in gray and maybe somes bars, /////, instead of the spark graph. Then I would never have to look more than once for it. Plus, this will keep all the definitions always in the same position, wich also helps when looking for them.

Of corse, this feature should be there as an option. Please, let me know what you think about it and if I will see it implemented in the near future :).

sreticentv
04-22-2012, 03:24 PM
I will move this the to the feature requests thread for future consideration

Olaf
04-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I have not found the opportunity to provide more than one hand to replay.

The ability to choose only one hand for the replay is inconvenient. Can do the opportunity to choose more than one hand by Shift and Ctrl keys?

sreticentv
04-23-2012, 05:58 AM
This is not currently possible. I will move this to the feature requests thread for future consideration.

AlwaysOnTop
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
can you add a PFR position variable? $PFRposition?
$enemypfposition works but not all situation.
eg. player1 PFR from MP and player2 call on Cutoff, player3 on BB 3bet shove all-in, player1 fold and player2 call.
so the Note is: BB 3Bet shove all-in VS Cutoff.

I want to see BB 3bet shove VS MP (Preflop Raiser). so I think I need a $PFRposition.

Thanks

rowhousepd
04-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Badges: It would be really nice if the icons we added to the badges could get added to (and remain in) a library of some kind. I recently moved the folder where the images I associated for the badges were kept and it broke the connections to them all -- so all the badge images were blank. That was a drag.

It would also be nice to have the badges remain in the drop-down list once they were added. Thanks.

sreticentv
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Thank you for posting that here. All these thing will be reviewed for NC3 so it's good to have them all in one place

tehdrunky
04-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Resizable badges or just support for larger badges. 16x16 is a little small for me :) Also would like to be able to set a previous action that marks an opportunity if met (ie. if previous action 4bet is met this would create an opportunity for fold to 3bet and end the processing for that note for that hand if that makes any sense :))

sreticentv
04-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Bigger badges would be better but that would require a change for hm2 itself so don't expect it soon :(

nicehanded
04-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi there! My feature request has mre to do with the fantasy of having more power to customize stats based on notes:

1- I think the software is superb, but it lacks in some flexibility when you need to specify the opportunities itself for calculating a stat percentage.
I mean.... you can carefully recreate the situation for a note to be taken, but if you want to have the percentage of that situation happening over the times it could happen, you really CAN NOT say when exactly count it could.

With one example I will be clear: Suppose you want to make a custom "went to showdown when saw flop" stat. You can say on NoteCaddy that you have to go to showdown.... but you can not say that it has to divide that number of times by the times you have seen the flop.

I think that in the same manner one can "model" a situation... one has to have the chance to create the "base model" by wich the first one will be divided.

2- I think that using some holdemmanager filtering all this stuff would be easy :
(number of hands wich saw showdown = true) / (number of hands wich saw flop = true)

3- If only it could be possible to make a simple division between the number of instances of two different notes, the real magic would be finally at hand of the users!

Please, consider that for a near future!

thanks again ;)

nicehanded
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
PS: I wanted to say... with the mayor of my humble and admiration for all this years of intense work of yours....that notecaddy needs to face a strong restructural process. I could manage to help in any way I can. Im not looking for programming at this time, but asisting as a demanding user could be.

The thing I think is that notecadd started in a way, and then slowy but steady growthed and took flight with a big ambitious. I believe that too many good things were achieved by this time... but notecaddy must not stays with the crossed arms. There is a lot of cool things that could be corrected and featured by notecaddy using the whole system it has by now....
But if you really want to take notecaddy as a professional, smart, succesful, widespread piece of software... it has to evolve in a direction that mainly means: Making this easier and intuitive.

Im great using software, Im a programmer myself, I have several years of playing poker, I have a cool computer too... but with all this... using notecaddy is a very hard to believe experience
And it is not a reason that poker is complex... because I know it is... but I KNOW that things can be done BETTER and EASIER. I have known too many players that rejected to use the software at all.

The principal part of the softwware I think has to be seriously re-evaluatted is the note definition itself (the actions aprt mainly). Its not going to be ever possible to desing cool, original and complex situations using this model of previous actions, checkings, and player types in 5 diferents screens...

Im not saying it has to go to garbage...at all. But the filtering situation has to be in more flexible and STRONG way.

Using main filters as Holdemmanager does could be a great thing.

Another great consecuence of having a more flexible and intituive software is that you would be more free of the general confusion and support asking of the software by the users.

Ok... its just my opinion.... and Im sorry if its bothering. And please, be sure that Im super happy that notecaddy ever existed. But as a dream coming true.... it could be better. And the worst part is that I dont see a path going in the simplification and empowerent of the software.

Sorry about my english.

rowhousepd
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I would really like to be able to add a column for Priority in the note definition section just as you can for color definitions. Right now there are only a handful of columns you can add, and it would be great if we could also sort by Priority. Thanks.

sreticentv
05-02-2012, 07:36 PM
PS: I wanted to say... with the mayor of my humble and admiration for all this years of intense work of yours....that notecaddy needs to face a strong restructural process. I could manage to help in any way I can. Im not looking for programming at this time, but asisting as a demanding user could be.

The thing I think is that notecadd started in a way, and then slowy but steady growthed and took flight with a big ambitious. I believe that too many good things were achieved by this time... but notecaddy must not stays with the crossed arms. There is a lot of cool things that could be corrected and featured by notecaddy using the whole system it has by now....
But if you really want to take notecaddy as a professional, smart, succesful, widespread piece of software... it has to evolve in a direction that mainly means: Making this easier and intuitive.

Im great using software, Im a programmer myself, I have several years of playing poker, I have a cool computer too... but with all this... using notecaddy is a very hard to believe experience
And it is not a reason that poker is complex... because I know it is... but I KNOW that things can be done BETTER and EASIER. I have known too many players that rejected to use the software at all.

The principal part of the softwware I think has to be seriously re-evaluatted is the note definition itself (the actions aprt mainly). Its not going to be ever possible to desing cool, original and complex situations using this model of previous actions, checkings, and player types in 5 diferents screens...

Im not saying it has to go to garbage...at all. But the filtering situation has to be in more flexible and STRONG way.

Using main filters as Holdemmanager does could be a great thing.

Another great consecuence of having a more flexible and intituive software is that you would be more free of the general confusion and support asking of the software by the users.

Ok... its just my opinion.... and Im sorry if its bothering. And please, be sure that Im super happy that notecaddy ever existed. But as a dream coming true.... it could be better. And the worst part is that I dont see a path going in the simplification and empowerent of the software.

Sorry about my english.

Everything you say here is correct. Most appropriate is the fact that high support levels prevent software improvement. Interesting fact is that less than 1% of users make up over 90% of the support requests though. The full design for NC3 is done but it may never happen for that very reason.

lampshade9909
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I want the ability to Seek player's successes for Color Definitions. So let's say I make a color definition that puts a Star Badge on any player who 3bets greater than 10% of hands from the Button and folds to 4bets greater than 60% of the time. I want the ability to be able to seek with this color definition and see how many players will be showing this badge, or a list of players showing this badge, or a percentage of players in the database who will show this badge, ect. Example: I'd love to see something that says "10% of people in your database will have this badge."

Is this possible already? If not, please put this in!

PS: I see that when you right-click on a color definition, it says Seek PokerStars and Seek OnGame. I don't play on either of those sites so those won't work for me. Can you make a Seek Merge Network? Thanks.

sreticentv
05-05-2012, 03:06 PM
I want the ability to Seek player's successes for Color Definitions. So let's say I make a color definition that puts a Star Badge on any player who 3bets greater than 10% of hands from the Button and folds to 4bets greater than 60% of the time. I want the ability to be able to seek with this color definition and see how many players will be showing this badge, or a list of players showing this badge, or a percentage of players in the database who will show this badge, ect. Example: I'd love to see something that says "10% of people in your database will have this badge."

Is this possible already? If not, please put this in!

PS: I see that when you right-click on a color definition, it says Seek PokerStars and Seek OnGame. I don't play on either of those sites so those won't work for me. Can you make a Seek Merge Network? Thanks.

Check 2.3.0.2

rowhousepd
05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
I want the ability to Seek player's successes for Color Definitions. So let's say I make a color definition that puts a Star Badge on any player who 3bets greater than 10% of hands from the Button and folds to 4bets greater than 60% of the time. I want the ability to be able to seek with this color definition and see how many players will be showing this badge, or a list of players showing this badge, or a percentage of players in the database who will show this badge, ect.

Just saw this. Excellent idea. Was gonna request this myself.

Check 2.3.0.2

Nice! :) Looking forward to using it.

lampshade9909
05-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Check 2.3.0.2

Excellent. Thank you!!!!

rowhousepd
05-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Just trying out the new ability to use Seek for Color Definitions. Very cool ... except it seems to search the entire database despite having a filters that limits notes to a date range and the current site I play (Merge). Because of this, running a Seek w/out any filter is taking forever. Can you enable some sort of filter so we can limit a seek search to a smaller # of players? That would be great. Thanks.

geek
05-10-2012, 04:21 AM
I would love the ability to use NC stats for HM2 reports, as opposed to just HUD stats.

rowhousepd
05-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Just trying out the new ability to use Seek for Color Definitions. Very cool ... except it seems to search the entire database despite having a filters that limits notes to a date range and the current site I play (Merge). Because of this, running a Seek w/out any filter is taking forever. Can you enable some sort of filter so we can limit a seek search to a smaller # of players? That would be great. Thanks.

Bump? It takes so long to run a Seek for color defs w/o a filter, it's pretty infeasible to use at the moment.

I would really like to be able to add a column for Priority in the note definition section just as you can for color definitions. Right now there are only a handful of columns you can add, and it would be great if we could also sort by Priority. Thanks.

Just want to add to this request the option to create a column for the Tag features on the documentation tab. Unless there's a way to sort/filter it, it doesn't do much good just hanging out on that tab. Thanks.

lampshade9909
05-16-2012, 11:06 AM
I would like the ability to Backup/Export Color Definitions similarly to how you can right-click-export a note definition. I have boat loads of great Color definitions that took hours to make (not to mention my note definitions) and I would love to be able to back up the definitions

Also, I would also love the ability to HM sync my Note definitions and Color Definitions. Can that be implemented? For now, a simple export on the color definitions would do so I can manually back them up myself.

sreticentv
05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I would like the ability to Backup/Export Color Definitions similarly to how you can right-click-export a note definition. I have boat loads of great Color definitions that took hours to make (not to mention my note definitions) and I would love to be able to back up the definitions

Also, I would also love the ability to HM sync my Note definitions and Color Definitions. Can that be implemented? For now, a simple export on the color definitions would do so I can manually back them up myself.

You can backup/import/migrate color definitions since they're all in one file called colordefinitions.xml Here is more info How to migrate settings from one computer to another - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-migrate-settings-from-one-computer-to-another.ashx)

lampshade9909
05-16-2012, 05:08 PM
You can backup/import/migrate color definitions since they're all in one file called colordefinitions.xml Here is more info How to migrate settings from one computer to another - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-migrate-settings-from-one-computer-to-another.ashx)

Thanks, hopefully HM sync can one day back them up too!

Olaf
05-17-2012, 02:59 PM
How many NC users use different "Enemy" player Type for different Definitions?

I'm sure, that almost all people who buy NC are Regular Player, who use "Enemy Players Types" only for one thing - they want to know, how regular players play vs regular. So, almost in all their postflop defs NC users simlpy uncheck "fishy" types of players, and leave reg types.

But how about fish players? They makes no difference the types of players, but in our defs we recieve information only, when fish play vs reg. As a result, We lose a lot of useful information about fish players, when want to recieve more accurate information on a regularar player.

What about the two global flags for Player Types, which we can set in Color Definitions Tab - Fishy player Type or Reg Player Type, and possibility to choice Enemy player type for each of these two global types of players?

So, we will have
1)
Fast predefined Enemy players Types for all defs (But, if user want to use custom "Enemy player types" for current def, he still can do that, as soon as he uncheck any type of player in "Enemy Player Type" TAB of specific def.)
2)
We recieve FULL information on fish players, not only their play against reg player

rowhousepd
05-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm no expert NC user, but I have used NC for a while now, and I guess I'm probably am a reg ... and no, I haven't used the Enemy / Player Types features -- probably not exactly for this reason though.

But can't you basically just do what you're asking now by going to the player type menu and checking/unchecking categories that you can set up as fish, reg, or whatever? Not sure what you're asking ... but then again, I might not be the person to address this.

Olaf
05-17-2012, 05:19 PM
rowhouse, OffTop, so moderator can dell this:
My main opponents during the game is Regulars. So, usually, in my def i don't want to see, how Regular player play against Maniack or other fish type players. So i uncheck this categories in Players Type TAB, for more acurate statistic.
But when NC write notes for the entire base, i have a problem with fish type players - i need all of his statistic, with all types of opponents because a weak player sees no difference in the types of players!

sreticentv
05-20-2012, 08:05 AM
How many NC users use different "Enemy" player Type for different Definitions?

I'm sure, that almost all people who buy NC are Regular Player, who use "Enemy Players Types" only for one thing - they want to know, how regular players play vs regular. So, almost in all their postflop defs NC users simlpy uncheck "fishy" types of players, and leave reg types.

But how about fish players? They makes no difference the types of players, but in our defs we recieve information only, when fish play vs reg. As a result, We lose a lot of useful information about fish players, when want to recieve more accurate information on a regularar player.

What about the two global flags for Player Types, which we can set in Color Definitions Tab - Fishy player Type or Reg Player Type, and possibility to choice Enemy player type for each of these two global types of players?

So, we will have
1)
Fast predefined Enemy players Types for all defs (But, if user want to use custom "Enemy player types" for current def, he still can do that, as soon as he uncheck any type of player in "Enemy Player Type" TAB of specific def.)
2)
We recieve FULL information on fish players, not only their play against reg player

Thank you for your request. This won't be considered

sreticentv
05-20-2012, 08:06 AM
I have not found the opportunity to provide more than one hand to replay.

The ability to choose only one hand for the replay is inconvenient. Can do the opportunity to choose more than one hand by Shift and Ctrl keys?

Thank you for your request. One hand is enough for replay

Olaf
05-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Thank you for your request. One hand is enough for replay

Enough for what?
For you or for NC users who uses the Definition Analyses> History Replayer?
Do you know another convenient mechanism for analyzing the results of the definition work, after notes creation? Or you advice to run Seek on multi million DB?
If you don't want to make it via CTRL or Shift, please, make "Replay All" option.

BTW - in 2.3.0.4 Definition Analyses> History > Replay don't work at all.

marcelor
05-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Even for high numbers of occurrences (>100 or >1000) I am getting the number of occurrences at the side of the stat, like: 54 (3450) (means, 54% of 3450 times). The HM2 stats dont show this ocurrences if it is above 100 or so.

sreticentv
05-23-2012, 11:40 AM
and...

marcelor
05-23-2012, 09:55 PM
and... there are many reasons why HM dont show those big numbers: they occupy a large space (bigger than the stat itself, e.g., 2 vs 4 digits), cause distractions (calling more attention than the stat itself) and are useless (after 99 occurences we can assume that the stat is reliable). Also the % character is uncessary.

Those occurrence numbers and % character are usefull/necessary in the NC Popups, but in the HUD popups HM users expect to get the cleanest possible number.

Guenni
05-24-2012, 05:22 AM
i would also prefer to have a no samplesize numbers when there is a large samplesize (>100) occurences... takes to much space and/or makes it harder to actually find what you are looking for.

laixee
05-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi. Is it possible to make Party color coding?
I think it not to hard. I`m doing it manualy at this time with help of HM2 + Notepad + MS Word + MS Excel.
It wasn`t hard to make a report and to mark all of them into green. But after last update it`s not possible to make the report.... and i don`t know what to do...

Thanks. Alex.

sreticentv
05-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Thank you for the requests. All feature/change requests are evaluated at the beginning of each feature build cycle although no guarantees are made that requested features will be implemented.

rowhousepd
05-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Thank you for your request. This won't be considered

Charming response as always, sreticentv. ;)

astroid0
05-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Is there any way to browse through all of the saved actions and action sequences? It would be nice to be able to pull up a list of all of the ones saved. It would also be nice to be able to re-use them.

I have run into situations where I made an action, and when I went to save it I realized I am repeating work I have already done when it lets me know the action already exists. It also means I may have duplicate actions saved if I didn't name them the same. Some way of browsing through them and picking them out like you would building blocks would be nice, especially given the new update which makes the actions and sequences a much more central part than before.

sreticentv
05-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I merged this with the feature requests thread for future consideration

astroid0
05-29-2012, 03:04 AM
I would like to request that the deprecated 'actions' and 'previous actions' be maintained as a legacy mode, perhaps hidden away in a menu somewhere to avoid confusion and clutter.

The reason is that there are times in which it seems easier to create certain definitions with the new system. I suspect that will change over time as one becomes accustomed to it, but I still think it would be a nice thing to keep in place for those of us who understand how the old system works rather well already.

astroid0
05-29-2012, 03:39 AM
I think it would be really nice if there was a way to further organize the note definitions listed in the note definitions window.

Right now the only way I can see to organize them is by active/inactive. It would be nice to be able to narrow down the notes in front of you more. I can think of two ways off the top of my head that would be very helpful in my opinion. Either approach would achieve satisfactory results.

1) The ability to tag notes so that they can be filtered down easier to focus on the notes you are working on now. For example, if I was working on ten stats for a new HUD design it would be nice to tag them 'new tournament hud', narrowing it down to the only ones I want to see. Ideally the notes could be tagged any way you like, but grouping would be an obvious one. Or 'hero', 'villain', 'preflop', or whatever.

2) Another option would be to add the ability to create custom tabs next to 'active' and 'inactive' which you could assign note definitions to. The following screenshot shows a red rectangle in the area where it would be nice to have some extra organization. http://i.imgur.com/NqBYF.png

It can be kind of overwhelming trying to trudge through hundreds of definitions to work on the few you are interested for the given session.

Hilips
05-29-2012, 04:53 AM
I would like to see Notecaddy support session stats in the HUD like HM2 does.

In HM we can see Total stats and Session stats in the HUD, but Notecaddy stats/badges don't change from one to another.

With session stats support we could use Notecaddy in the anonymous tables too as a added bonus.

I see an option in NC setting regarding session stats. This is only regarding popups, right?

sreticentv
05-29-2012, 10:08 AM
I think it would be really nice if there was a way to further organize the note definitions listed in the note definitions window.

Right now the only way I can see to organize them is by active/inactive. It would be nice to be able to narrow down the notes in front of you more. I can think of two ways off the top of my head that would be very helpful in my opinion. Either approach would achieve satisfactory results.

1) The ability to tag notes so that they can be filtered down easier to focus on the notes you are working on now. For example, if I was working on ten stats for a new HUD design it would be nice to tag them 'new tournament hud', narrowing it down to the only ones I want to see. Ideally the notes could be tagged any way you like, but grouping would be an obvious one. Or 'hero', 'villain', 'preflop', or whatever.

2) Another option would be to add the ability to create custom tabs next to 'active' and 'inactive' which you could assign note definitions to. The following screenshot shows a red rectangle in the area where it would be nice to have some extra organization. http://i.imgur.com/NqBYF.png

It can be kind of overwhelming trying to trudge through hundreds of definitions to work on the few you are interested for the given session.

Documenting and Tagging Note Definitions - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Documenting-and-Tagging-Note-Definitions.ashx)

I would like to see Notecaddy support session stats in the HUD like HM2 does.

In HM we can see Total stats and Session stats in the HUD, but Notecaddy stats/badges don't change from one to another.

With session stats support we could use Notecaddy in the anonymous tables too as a added bonus.

I see an option in NC setting regarding session stats. This is only regarding popups, right?

Probably not exactly what you're thinking of but it's as close as it will get NoteCaddy Session Notes - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy-Session-Notes.ashx)

astroid0
05-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Basically, I am interested in whether or not the actions and action sequences are going to be treated as global (usable amongst all definitions) or local (unique to the individual definition), and whether or not there are any plans on the drawing board to utilize them globally.

There are so many actions and sequences that are bound to be repeated over and over, I am just hoping that we will have the option to use them as a kind of building block for definitions. Even if not, the new system seems like a great improvement. I just noticed the feature suggestion thread was closed, so I was curious as to whether or not this idea made the cut.

Thanks for the excellent support!
-astroid0

sreticentv
05-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Action sequences are local so in some situations you'd have to make the same one for multiple definitions.

I just noticed the feature suggestion thread was closed

this thread is still open

so I was curious as to whether or not this idea made the cut.

There's no cut. If you have the latest build of 2.4 then you have the final version (wrt features)

rowhousepd
05-31-2012, 12:42 PM
So far I haven't used badges that involve deviations from the average strength and am, not surprisingly, a bit confused. If you wanted to find players who did certain actions while holding hands that were weaker the average hands in the player pool, would you put "0" in the Minimum box and the negative # (let's say -25) in the Maximum box? Or is it the other way around ("-25" in Min, "0" in Max).

I've tried both, but I ask bc I've created several defs that should have a ton of results (for example a super simple def for villain check-raising the turn %20 weaker than avr), but I'm hardly seeing any players w/ that badge -- even though there are plenty of instances & opportunities. As far as I know we can't test for this either performing a Seek only takes into account the actions, and Analyzing it doesn't look at $strengthversusaverage.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

rowhousepd
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Just to follow up on the prev post. Regardless of how whether I put -25 in the Max or Min box, I'm getting these results for pretty much all of the $strengthversusaverage. Here's the results from the default badge for two barrels weak:

I changed the text output, but otherwise the def is exactly as it was downloaded from the def digest. You'll notice that it says the villain plays "+6%" weaker and the orange line (his average) is definitely to the right of the blue line (the pool's average). Am I missing something here? The same is happening for the few other defs I downloaded for defending blinds weak and calls double barrel weak -- the deviation is a +% and the average seems to be to the right of the pool on the spark graph.

sreticentv
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure why you would post this in the feature requests thread but if you want help with a definition you can make a new thread just make sure to include everything mentioned here Need help with a definition? Read this first (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?393-Need-help-with-a-definition-Read-this-first)

derders
06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
an unselect option would be good for "Deviation from stat/note" in Advanced Tab

if a note/stat is set I can't unselect it - I have to edit the .xml to do this

Singum
06-13-2012, 05:02 PM
In Action Sequences, I need options: player has not to be Hero, and not to be last PFRer.

sreticentv
06-13-2012, 06:31 PM
an unselect option would be good for "Deviation from stat/note" in Advanced Tab

if a note/stat is set I can't unselect it - I have to edit the .xml to do this

That makes sense

In Action Sequences, I need options: player has not to be Hero, and not to be last PFRer.

I don't think you need those options. If you can think of some behavior that can't be modeled, please create a thread with the following items Need help with a definition? Read this first (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?393-Need-help-with-a-definition-Read-this-first)

bluetail
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
These Strength v Bet Size graphs are great, but 3 things that would make them even better

1) An option to display a River only graph as the default. This is by fay the most useful graph and it takes an extra click every time to get to the graph i want after villain bets the river.

2) An option to have Strength and Bet Size on different axis. It feels intuitive to me that the axis should the other way round.

3) An option to plot Strength v Bet Size not for all hands, but filtered first for all hands that match a chosen definition. This would really be a fantastic feature and a great way to pick up bet size tells in specific situations that we have already written definitions for.

Thanks

sreticentv
06-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Functional changes are currently not being considered. However, I have moved this to the feature requests thread for possible future consideration.

Olaf
06-25-2012, 12:25 PM
This is potentially very useful definition, but it requires some setup:

$flopbetaspotfraction "know" only 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Pot, Overbet, there are no 1/3 and 2/3.

So, bet 4$ in Pot 10$ detected as 1/4 - not very good.

I experimented with Pot 10$. Bets $:

1 - 4: 1/4
4.1-7: 1/2
7.1-9: 3/4
9.1-10:full
>10.1 :over

It would be great to make this variable a little more flexible.

BTW - Maybe [20-40] [40-60], [61-80], [81-100] e.t.c will be beter?

Ty.

sreticentv
06-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Functional changes are currently not being considered. However, I have moved this to the feature requests thread for possible future consideration.

Olaf
06-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Variable like $againstpfraiseinbigblinds (similarly $pfraiseinbigblinds)- for PR opponents.

Olaf
06-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Please, add possibility to remove the deviation percent from the notes (default is on) - as it was made for "Show net profit", etc.

Zac
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
There are a couple columns I'd like to be able to add to the note definitions panel to help with setting up badges.

- priority: would like to sort by priority so I can quickly look at the definitions I consider most important
- badge: would help with ensuring that badges are unique and also serve as a quick reminder

Thanks,
Zac

Zac
07-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh, and it would also be nice to have a column that gives an indication of how common the note is. Maybe % of players with > 500 hand sample who have the badge? A badge isn't useful if almost everyone (or almost no one) has it, so I'd like to have a quick way to see how common they are so I can tweak the min samples, etc.

sreticentv
07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
There are a couple columns I'd like to be able to add to the note definitions panel to help with setting up badges.

- priority: would like to sort by priority so I can quickly look at the definitions I consider most important
- badge: would help with ensuring that badges are unique and also serve as a quick reminder

Thanks,
Zac

I've moved this to the feature request for consideration in an upcoming version

antneye
08-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to have the Hand Strengths that show up in postflop notes be listed in order of the strength of the hand as opposed to alphabetically? This would make it much easier to quickly asses whether villain has monsters (or air for that matter) in his range when he takes certain actions.

As an example, for Flop calls cbet IP presently you get the following:

Ace/High one over, Ace/High two over, etc, etc without any relevence on hand strength in the way it is sorted.

I would propose that you rate hand strengths on some scale and list the items starting from strongest to weakest.

derders
08-20-2012, 05:25 AM
I would like to see this in a frequency sortment ...

example for bet flop

villain A: Gutshot-8, Ace/High one over-5, Flushdraw-4, MidPair-4, TopPair/GoodKicker-3, (I would raise him very often)
villain B: TopPair/GoodKicker-8, MidPair-5, Ace/High one over-4, Flushdraw-4, Gutshot-3 (better fold)

in this way I can read a villain better and quicker

same for cardrange as pruposed here
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/177281-consolidated-notecaddy-feature-request-thread-6.html#post894961

antneye
08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I would like to see this in a frequency sortment ...

example for bet flop

villain A: Gutshot-8, Ace/High one over-5, Flushdraw-4, MidPair-4, TopPair/GoodKicker-3, (I would raise him very often)
villain B: TopPair/GoodKicker-8, MidPair-5, Ace/High one over-4, Flushdraw-4, Gutshot-3 (better fold)

in this way I can read a villain better and quicker

same for cardrange as pruposed here
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/177281-consolidated-notecaddy-feature-request-thread-6.html#post894961

This would also be valuable...but I think a compromise would be to list it in order of strength, but list % of times out of total sample instead of how many total times.

example:

Top Pair (18%), Flush Draw (55%), Nothing (27%)

or something like that.

spider89nz
08-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Would that be valuable if the batches you use only pop up for specific situations? like lets say i am on sb and all foldet to me. Now i see all badges of villain specific to this situation and related postflop situations. Once i am on turn, i would only see badges who got sth (or still got sth) to do with the current situation?

Alcibadies
09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Is there a way to sort NC definitions to where only ones that are badges are displayed?

sreticentv
09-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Currently there is not although it is a reasonable suggestion so I will merge this request with the feature requests thread for consideration for the next feature build

melles
09-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Make it so we can choose between K-2 instead of K,Q,J,T, No face cards.
That would make it possible to select board texture in a more correct way then is possible today.

Should not be to hard to implement when you already have second, third high card implemented already just need more cards instead of no face cards.

Edit:
Also even better would be to be able to select straights 2, 3, none possibility between the highcards that would be really nice but I guess that never going to happen.

uajka
09-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Hello
If there any chance that You will add to board texure something like:
'Flop contains at least one card from 2-A?' The same for Turn and River.

I would like to have a chance to make more precise board texture.

And also, any chance that You will add also more precise card range of player?

A.

sreticentv
09-15-2012, 08:13 AM
I am moving these requests into the consolidated thread for future consideration

Rapala
09-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Please add the following checkboxes in the 'range' tab so that we can more easily specify the nuts.

'nut straight - no flush possible or paired board
'Nut flush - board not paired'

melles
09-21-2012, 08:00 AM
sreticentv do you have any plans in the near future to improve so we can select boardtexture better?

Guenni
09-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Still waiting for the option to disable the "(number)" in popups when a certain amount of occurences is reached (like the usual HM2 Stats)...

sreticentv
09-21-2012, 09:38 PM
It's impossible to make specific estimates on timelines for new features. Your continued patience is appreciated

BrassMonkey
09-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey Sreticentv, would it be possible to get a total instance count in the parenthesis of the popups, instead of "(100)"? The (100) is distracting, and tells you nothing new, while an instance count would be very useful for gauging roughly how reliable your percentages are.

sreticentv
09-23-2012, 03:00 PM
I have merged this with the feature requests thread for future consideration

BrassMonkey
09-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Another request...

Will you add the hole cards, and possibly the board cards, to the "Analyze" output for note definitions. Tracking down differences between the output produced by NC and that produced by HEM would be way easier if you didn't need to open a hand replayer for every hand produced by "Analyze" and jot down what the hole cards were, as you could just do screen prints of bunches of hands.

FatKing85
10-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi
I have a little problem: Is there a direct way to specify "whos who" in a hand? An example:

Im making a note how often someone iso-raises, and then folds to a 3bet from another player:

-must not have happened: raise

player 1 calls
player 2 (the note recipient) raises
player 3 raises

I could specify that player 1 has some limp %, and player 3 doesnt. this would get close, but to be exact and for other scenarios, id like to specify that the last raise must not be from the player who called,and furthermore id like to specify that player 1 must fold to the raise by player 3 before its considered an opportunity for player 2.

I could use positions, this would clarify whos doing what, but then the note is way too specific.

thank you

sreticentv
10-31-2012, 05:05 PM
That's not currently possible. I will move this to feature requests for future consideration.

Mr. Peek
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi sreticentv, it would be really helpful if the notes could be shown separately by stake.

Thanks.

sreticentv
11-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. It may be considered in a future version

HossendeHaai
11-19-2012, 04:50 AM

MikeHunt
12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I would like to request a very easy and simple way to specify if the pot is single raised or 3bet without having to specify a lot of specific preflop action.

I think this would work very well with the action sequences postflop where you can then just select "last preflop raiser" to determine the preflop aggressor. Then for instance under Preflop -> General you could specify if the pot is
single raised or 3bet.

Makes it much easier to add and maintain definition specific to single raised and 3bet pots. It would also be a lot easier to make a search and replace if you work with hundreds of definitions :)

Thnx
Morten

sreticentv
12-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Thank you for your suggestion. I will move it to the feature requests thread for consideration in a future version

cnemo
12-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Hi, I would find really useful these features:

1 - in the hud, realtime positional badges: for example, on preflop, if a player is in BU hud shows some badges, if it is on CO it shows other badges

2 - in notecaddy, color definitions, the ability to set min max percentage varying with number of samples: for example NC.shoveprelop min 20 max 40 on 1 sample, min 25 max 50 on 3 samples etc

sreticentv
12-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi, I would find really useful these features:

1 - in the hud, realtime positional badges: for example, on preflop, if a player is in BU hud shows some badges, if it is on CO it shows other badges

This is 100% not going to ever be possible - sorry

2 - in notecaddy, color definitions, the ability to set min max percentage varying with number of samples: for example NC.shoveprelop min 20 max 40 on 1 sample, min 25 max 50 on 3 samples etc

You can accomplish this by creating different color definitions with the same name/color which will then function as OR conditions

Shloogy
12-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I Would like to have an ETA information when NC creates all the notes. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate but it would greatly help to know how much time I would need to wait until the process completes.

sreticentv
12-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Thank you for your suggestion. I will move it to the feature requests thread for consideration in a future version

TexDanny
12-28-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm creating a definition for someone 5betting wider than AA**... I'm having trouble setting up the right Omaha starting hand filters. It would be nice if you could add something like a true/false filter. That way, I would just add One Pair: AA and set the filter to false.

What I've done so far is add the following group: Any pair from 22-KK and any unpaired hands. The only problem is that it still counts double paired AA hands (Ex. AA77) as well as trips and quads. I don't really care about trips and quads because there aren't that many combos of those, but it would be nice to remove the double paired hands.

Am I approaching this the right way?

sreticentv
12-29-2012, 08:34 AM
That does seem like the right approach and I agree that adding a "NOT" condition in there would make it much easier. I will merge this with feature requests so it can be considered as an addition

rowhousepd
01-09-2013, 12:35 AM

I know it's an old request, but I figured I'd say +1 to viewing badges in the columns. Would be very helpful. Thanks.

derders
01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
+1 to viewing badges in the columns. Would be very helpful. Thanks.

+1 but with an additional very :-)

Shloogy
01-13-2013, 02:01 PM
1. Pause\Stop\Start\Resume sync
2. Speed gauge for NC replayer (it's too slow)
3. Smart search on the NC list. When you have more than 100 definitions it's impossible to navigate
4. Pause\Resume Notes processing
5. Right click on replayer and have the ability to export the hand history

sreticentv
01-13-2013, 07:29 PM
+1 but with an additional very :-)

Nothing would make me happier than to make this but there is a technical limitation in the third party grid and the caching of the columns that would cause big problems :(

1. Pause\Stop\Start\Resume sync
3. Smart search on the NC list. When you have more than 100 definitions it's impossible to navigate
4. Pause\Resume Notes processing you can already pause that...
5. Right click on replayer and have the ability to export the hand history you can already do that in the NC replayer

#3 is good and made the list. 4&5 already exist unless you're referring to the HEM replayer in which case I will +1 that myself

rowhousepd
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Is there any way #2 (NC replayer speed) could improve. Unlike a lot of people here, I have a decent computer and don't have lagging issues w/ anything else, but the replayer is rather slow.

Big +1 to #3 (smart search) please. Searching my ~150 defs is nearly impossible.

Also, what about batch operations? For example, you highlight a bunch of definitions and choose to change one element in all of them -- say, rename all of their categories, or had to fold flop ... or whatever. That would be nice. Thanks.

a.k.a.Also
01-19-2013, 04:17 PM
I've run a search on average stack and bubble but come up blank so here goes.

I'm toying around trying to isolate bubble hands in 18 seater sng. I can create a partition for 5-6 players, but this also happens when we're 9-13 left over two tables and I was looking for a way to seperate these two totally different situations.
I'm guessing average stack in BB could be a really wide spread depending how quickly we get to one table, and whether it's normal speed or turbo.
However since we know how many chips are in play (1500x18) average stack in chips is always going to be 4500 or 5400 on the bubble, regardless of BB amount. I appreciate that this is an fairly specific scenario, but it would apply equally well to any fixed size MTT sng.

Is it feasible to add this as an option?

sreticentv
01-19-2013, 05:16 PM
I've run a search on average stack and bubble but come up blank so here goes.

I'm toying around trying to isolate bubble hands in 18 seater sng. I can create a partition for 5-6 players, but this also happens when we're 9-13 left over two tables and I was looking for a way to seperate these two totally different situations.
I'm guessing average stack in BB could be a really wide spread depending how quickly we get to one table, and whether it's normal speed or turbo.
However since we know how many chips are in play (1500x18) average stack in chips is always going to be 4500 or 5400 on the bubble, regardless of BB amount. I appreciate that this is an fairly specific scenario, but it would apply equally well to any fixed size MTT sng.

Is it feasible to add this as an option?

Ulinho83
01-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Is there a possibility to show HUD Popups Fullscreen or even to scroll within a popup so that I could view all the notes in this picture -> 98791 ?

sreticentv
01-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Is there a possibility to show HUD Popups Fullscreen or even to scroll within a popup so that I could view all the notes in this picture -> 98791 ?

I think it would be better to divide them into more popups since that's already starting to look like the dreaded "wall of notes" that becomes essentially useless when you have 2-3 seconds total to make a decision.

In any case, I have moved this to the feature requests thread for future consideration

cnemo
01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
It would be possible to have CaddyReport showing all notes for a player double clicking his name on the table or the hud? :)

derders
01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
How about this:

It would be awesome if NC could do this:

at the moment we have outputs what a player do
but it would be nice to see what a villan do more or less than I

par ex. cardrange raise first in

if a villain open raise 20% with 66+, A4s+, K8s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, A9o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo
and I (hero) open raise 15%

it would be nice to see this +5% and not the whole 20% as output
or bold font / other color

same for handrange par ex raise flop

villain 20% ... Ace/High one over, Flushdraw, MidPair, TopPair/GoodKicker, BottomPair, Gutshot,
I (hero) 15% Ace/High one over, Flushdraw, MidPair, TopPair/GoodKicker

new output = BottomPair, Gutshot
or = Ace/High one over, Flushdraw, MidPair, TopPair/GoodKicker, BottomPair, Gutshot,

NC needs to scan hero's stats
this works already "add notes for hero"

a fix player type "ME"
or a variable

Hidromanager
03-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Hello, I find very useful graph "Cady Scatter". The problem you might encounter and greatly enhance their use, it would be able to have a configurable Scatter chart positions caddy, and we would have a very useful information to know when the sizes of bets that a player in different positions.

It would be possible to implement the utility in the near future?

Thank you.

sreticentv
03-02-2013, 07:19 AM
I have moved this to the feature requests thread for future consideration

Djim77
03-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Sorry for the bad English.
Topic name "Hero in the hand = true"

Please add the settings Note Definition checkbox "Hero in the hand." It is very necessary!

It means hero got cards in the beginning of the hand, but he might just fold them preflop and did not take part in any further action.

sreticentv
03-12-2013, 02:44 PM
There is an option in the "players" tab for this

Djim77
03-13-2013, 07:56 AM
There is an option in the "players" tab for this

"Enemy had to be the hero" ? It is not the option what i need.

Here is an example to explain what i mean. Room PokerStars.

I sit to a table and click "wait for big blind" button. In this moment occurs a hand with showdown (the handhistory will placed to c:\Documents and Settings\ ***** \Application Data\HEM Data\). The player came to the showdown, looses this hand and mucks his cards. In handhistory file it will be written as "*Player1*: mucks hand". NoteCaddy will catch this hand but will not add any information about $*handrange to CaddySpark or even impl.weakness (but it will add +1 to definition counter). The problem is that the winning hands will handle properly. So the handrange will be shifting to it's strong part. The problem could be resolved by adding checkbox "Hero get cards at the beginning of the hand" or something like this.

This problem might be not very important for most players, but i jump through tables very often, so errors become significant.

sreticentv
03-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Have you tried using "player had to show down" in pre flop->general?

Djim77
03-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Have you tried using "player had to show down" in pre flop->general?
This option is not discarded hands of which I speak.
In that case, definition will work only with winning hands. And ignore losing hands (without adding +1 to definition counter). Handrange also will be shifting to its strong part.

sreticentv
03-16-2013, 11:09 AM
I will move this to the feature requests thread for future consideration

rowhousepd
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Also, what about batch operations? For example, you highlight a bunch of definitions and choose to change one element in all of them -- say, rename all of their categories, or had to fold flop ... or whatever. That would be nice. Thanks.

Bump for this old request. Any possibility to do edit multiple defs in batches?

rowhousepd
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
As someone who has a ton of Note Definitions -- many of which are in active bc they are in various stages of tweaking/editing -- I would love it if NC allowed you to see multiples columns for inactive defs the same way you can for active ones. Right now the only column that's visible (& thus sortable) the name. It would make searching through inactive defs so much easier if we could use other columns and likewise edit filters for them as well. Is this something you could implement, and is there a reason for the difference between active & inactive tabs now?

Related to that: It would be awesome to choose from some more columns for active Color Definitions Currently for you can only use three at the moment, but seeing a column for things like "Sub Descriptions" and "Prefix" would be very helpful when dealing with a lot of defs. Thanks.

sreticentv
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Thank you for your suggestion. It may be considered in a future version

Cain
04-09-2013, 11:26 PM
I wanted to create badges using hm2 stats to give info on which opponents to 3b in mtts when deeper stacked. In mtts I filter hm2 hud stats for less than and greater than 20bb as any stats relating to 3bing will be totally different if they are short or deep stacked. Would it ever be possible to include a stack size filter for hm stats for new color definitions. I could try to make the same hm2 definitions I need, filtered for over 20bbs, but I'm not sure how many more note definitions my laptop could handle. Thanks

Mr. Peek
04-10-2013, 09:40 AM
"Enemy had to be the hero" ? It is not the option what i need.

Here is an example to explain what i mean. Room PokerStars.

I sit to a table and click "wait for big blind" button. In this moment occurs a hand with showdown (the handhistory will placed to c:\Documents and Settings\ ***** \Application Data\HEM Data\). The player came to the showdown, looses this hand and mucks his cards. In handhistory file it will be written as "*Player1*: mucks hand". NoteCaddy will catch this hand but will not add any information about $*handrange to CaddySpark or even impl.weakness (but it will add +1 to definition counter). The problem is that the winning hands will handle properly. So the handrange will be shifting to it's strong part. The problem could be resolved by adding checkbox "Hero get cards at the beginning of the hand" or something like this.

This problem might be not very important for most players, but i jump through tables very often, so errors become significant.

+1

I was thinking it would be great (and very useful) to have a checkbox called "Ignore observed hands" in File->Filters, and also into the definition editor (for specific cases).

Mr. Peek
04-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Up? ;)

sreticentv
04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
your patience is much appreciated mr peek

Tadeyoshi
04-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Atm it is possible to say heads up or multiway on any street postflop. It would be great to me, if you would add "3handed" as a third option. Or something like number of player = > etc.

Mr. Peek
04-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Relax man. Ok, sorry for that. If I bump my posts is because you deliberately ignore them (without any reason).

I think if I respectfully ask you something, I deserve a respectful answer, not a closed thread.

Disagreeing with someone is not a reason to be angry.

Anyway, I want to make peace with you. I think all the disagreements have been due to misunderstandings. Also, remember that I'm a non-native English speaker.

I would like to start again from the beginning, what do you think about this?

Cheers.

rowhousepd
04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Atm it is possible to say heads up or multiway on any street postflop. It would be great to me, if you would add "3handed" as a third option. Or something like number of player = > etc.
+1. There's a big difference between play vs 2 opponents on the flop than 5 opponents. And at the micros, it's not all that uncommon.

sreticentv
04-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Thank you for your suggestions. They will be considered for the next feature release

HossendeHaai
04-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Not an urgent request, but propably not to complicated either.

I'd like to sort notes by value as option. Alphabetical sorting has a similar result, but it's not perfect. As example the definition "3bets all-in IP $effectivestack $cardrange".

With alphabetical sorting it would look like:
3bets all-in IP 12-19 BB {AA}
3bets all-in IP 6-9 BB {AQs}
3bets all-in IP 9-12 BB {JJ}

With sorting by value i'd like it to look like this:

An easyer solution without adding a sorting option would be to ad a 0 in front of the single digit BB-values (or add that option at 'customize note output').

Thanx!

sreticentv
04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Not an urgent request, but propably not to complicated either.

I'd like to sort notes by value as option. Alphabetical sorting has a similar result, but it's not perfect. As example the definition "3bets all-in IP $effectivestack $cardrange".

With alphabetical sorting it would look like:

With sorting by value i'd like it to look like this:

An easyer solution without adding a sorting option would be to ad a 0 in front of the single digit BB-values (or add that option at 'customize note output').

Thanx!

I will determine which of these is feasible for the next release and add it. Off the top of my head it seems the 09-12 would be more intuitive

HossendeHaai
04-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Great!

fountouris
05-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Any player makes value bets, semi-bluff bets, bluff bets or probe bets.

Caddy scatter makes points on a graph correlating the bet or raize size and the hand strength for every street to help exploit betting patterns from the bets size. An experienced poker pro when playing with an exploitable inexperienced oppenent, could use this graph to find easily the probability that an opponents bet is a value bet, semi-bluff bet or a bluff.Caddy scatter could be a real DESTROYER tool!

But there is a serious problem.

The size of value bets, semi-bluff bets, bluff bets and probe bets is DIFFERENT in heads up pots from multiway pots.

For example:

In multiway pots, e.g. against 2 or 3 players a standard cbet could be about 1/3 pot size or little more.

In heads up pots the standard cbet is about 1/2 or a little more, and the 1/3 bet is just a standard "probe bet".

So if to the Caddy Scatter could be usefull (very usefull) , if it had separated graphs for heads up pots and multiway pots. The best would be if it had separated graphs according to the number of active players in every street.

When the bets sizes of heads up and multiway pots are MIXED, my opinion is that Caddyscatter is not very usefull because it is impossible to use it to exploit an oponnent. For example you open the graph and see that there was many times when the player has huge hand strengh on the flop, he bets 1/4 pot size/ .But you don't know if these times was in heads up flops or multiway flops. If there was on multiway flops against 3 players and play heads up. the player can make a small probe bet 1/4 pot size and you conclude that he could has a monster hand, but this is completely wrong.

Since Caddy Scatter doesn't make separate graphs according to number of players in the pot, I want to know If there is an option for Caddy Scatter to DISABLE making points in the graph for multiway pots and mark only bets for Heads Up pots.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this. Also please consider making an update for caddy scatter to make different graphs for heads up and multiway pots...

sreticentv
05-04-2013, 02:12 PM
There are no customizations for caddy scatter other than what's on the caddy scatter tab in file->settings. I have moved your post to the feature requests thread for future consideration

HossendeHaai
05-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Havent thought it through completly, but i think i have a usefull addition to the partition tab, which i would call 'range'.

Now the number of players in the current hand has to be the same as the number of players in the hands for which the notes are pulled from the database. But when i use a partition of 4-6 players, i'd also like to see notes for hands played with 3 and 7 players. If i read the logs correctly it would just require an interface change to add this option.

My suggestion would be to add a 'range' input box below 'minimum' and 'maximum' at the partitions. Then 'minimum' and 'maximum' would apply to the current hand, and a range of +2 for example could be added. With a partition of 4-6 players and a range of +2 this would result in all notes of hands played with 2 to 8 players being pulled from the database, when playing with 4 to 6 players in the current hand.

With average stacks it would work the same.

Not a priority request, but hope you get my point.

eLPe21
05-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Is it possible ( or it's a feature ) to do a Caddy Note of:

% of pots bigger than XX blinds where villain folds without a showdown?

HossendeHaai
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM

That's already possible.

sreticentv
05-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Havent thought it through completly, but i think i have a usefull addition to the partition tab, which i would call 'range'.

Now the number of players in the current hand has to be the same as the number of players in the hands for which the notes are pulled from the database. But when i use a partition of 4-6 players, i'd also like to see notes for hands played with 3 and 7 players. If i read the logs correctly it would just require an interface change to add this option.

My suggestion would be to add a 'range' input box below 'minimum' and 'maximum' at the partitions. Then 'minimum' and 'maximum' would apply to the current hand, and a range of +2 for example could be added. With a partition of 4-6 players and a range of +2 this would result in all notes of hands played with 2 to 8 players being pulled from the database, when playing with 4 to 6 players in the current hand.

With average stacks it would work the same.

Not a priority request, but hope you get my point.

I do get your point and I think it can be added but give me 1-2 weeks :)

You need to use a composite definition Composite Definitions - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Composite-Definitions.ashx)
That article has a similar example. You just need to add a filter for final pot size which is in pre-flop general