PDA

View Full Version : two databases on two hard drives???

pokurz
09-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Okay here is my problem,
I had used Holdem Manager on my old computer. But recently got a new computer. I tried exporting my old hands from my old computer but the old computer was such junk that I couldn't. So i just took out the old computers hard drive and installed it in my new computer. The hard drive shows up fine. But how do I access my old database which is on that hard drive? When I go to Database Management the only database that shows up is the current one on the new computer.

To be clear, what I am trying to do. I'm trying to export my old hands from my old computers hard drive, which is currently installed on my new computer. So that I can import those hands into my new database and on my new computers hard drive. Thank you. A timely response would be awesome.

netsrak
09-14-2009, 02:19 PM
This will not work, you need to uninstall postgresql and reinstall it using the old data folder (the cluster): http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177.

There might be another solution with creating a second tablespace but this requires much postgresql knowledge and is beyond our service possibilities.